STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Repped appreciate the insight man.  I didn't know what it was but it was progressively getting better last week little by little so i was like maybe il be ok.  I played a soccer game saturday and basically "all out sprinted" 1 time and i was in pain.  I was like this can't be good.  I hate doctors and never go but i kinda just wanted to know.  It was a non contact injury from my soccer game this past sunday.  I don't even remember when it happened i just know around the second half it was hurting then monday i couldn't even bend my foot without pain.

Thankfully im seated most of the day so i am off it for the most part all day. I figure light weight squats wont be too bad since i pushe through my midfoot/heel area and the fractrue is up toward my toes.  But it probably isn't "good" for it by any means.  I struggle at resting.  I don't know how to burn off all the energy i have from sitting at a desk all day without the gym.

Find other predominantly upper body things to do in the meanwhile. Surely you could afford to improve your grip strength. Get a copy of "Mastery of Hand Strength" by John Brookfield and work on some of that in place of lower body training. Grip strength helps with many things (deadlifts, arm strength, forearm size), can be fun, and doesn't require much specific equipment. Or, look up Ido Portal's "Hanging Challenge", where you hang for 7 minutes every day, for 30 days straight (http://www.idoportal.com/blog). Of course, watch how you land, if you do the hanging challenge. Spend the time improving your mobility on problem areas. There are many possibilities, and strength is not the only physical attribute worth pursuing.

^

My Jones fracture (5th metatarsal) is not forming a union. I had an mri and the doc doesnt know whats holdig my foot together, I feel no pain though even when I DL or squat. Doc just doesnt want any motions like running
Hopefully this bone stim helps but I havent been using it like I should be.

^

My Jones fracture (5th metatarsal) is not forming a union. I had an mri and the doc doesnt know whats holdig my foot together, I feel no pain though even when I DL or squat. Doc just doesnt want any motions like running
Hopefully this bone stim helps but I havent been using it like I should be.
Good luck man.

My doc gave me a boot that i wear when im home but its my right foot so i can't drive with it on so i don't wear it to work.  I am due for a follow up next week.  But I have a big soccer game sunday so if i can tape it up i might try to get through it

Can everyone in here do an asian squat and sit comfortably? It is one of our three base human poses (stand, sleep, asian squat). It is how our bodies our designed to be at rest, drop deuces, chill etc. The chair has destroyed our bodies and we are all wacky and out of alignment.

If you want to be 55+ and have joints that are flexible and lower back and body that moves with ease get on this joint.

Simple challenge: 30 days 30 minutes a day. Just try to sit in instead of sitting in a chair when ur using nt/watching youtube etc.

http://www.somastruct.com/5-reasons-to-start-full-squatting/

Last edited:

Back day.

Can everyone in here do an asian squat and sit comfortably? It is one of our three base human poses (stand, sleep, asian squat). It is how our bodies our designed to be at rest, drop deuces, chill etc. The chair has destroyed our bodies and we are all wacky and out of alignment.

If you want to be 55+ and have joints that are flexible and lower back and body that moves with ease get on this joint.

Simple challenge: 30 days 30 minutes a day. Just try to sit in instead of sitting in a chair when ur using nt/watching youtube etc.

So I'm not disputing that it's not useful, but who determined that we only have three bases human poses? And why is one of them not the double bi?

Yesterday was my chest day and for some reason my left shoulder is killing me, especially my chest-side deltoid area. What the Hell happened?

My right shoulder is completely fine though. I wasn't lifting heavier weight than I could lift and I think I was maintaining proper form. Everytime I would drop the weights during an incline press, it would hurt my left area.

Last edited:
Yesterday was my chest day and for some reason my left shoulder is killing me, especially my chest-side deltoid area. What the Hell happened?

My right shoulder is completely fine though.

Warm up Shoulders before hand

When i hit chest ill take a 5 lb plate in each hand. As im standing ill do some flys

Then ill do a few front delt and side delt raises. Shoulders stabilize when it comes to chest. So i give them a little warm up and then theyre good

^

Look a few pages back for the shrug, roll your shoulders back, bring em down video technique.

Helped my bench tons, basically locks in your shoulders.

Warm up Shoulders before hand

When i hit chest ill take a 5 lb plate in each hand. As im standing ill do some flys

Then ill do a few front delt and side delt raises. Shoulders stabilize when it comes to chest. So i give them a little warm up and then theyre good

Sounds great, but if you are not set on the bench properly then all of the warm ups mean nada.

A wider bench is always a plus - the benches at these global gyms are extremely slim.

Having an extra 50-60lbs on one shoulder simply because you are hanging over more on that side will ultimately end in injury.

Sounds great, but if you are not set on the bench properly then all of the warm ups mean nada.

A wider bench is always a plus - the benches at these global gyms are extremely slim.

Having an extra 50-60lbs on one shoulder simply because you are hanging over more on that side will ultimately end in injury.

So what can I do?

I prefer to think about fundamental human patterns (squatting, walking, crawling, brachiating, manipulating external objects, etc.). It is not something we were "designed to do," it is simply a pattern that we evolved with, and abandoning the squat is not the only factor when considering dysfunction, far from it, actually. Everyone has their own, individual problems and there are no panaceas, unfortunately.

Ido Portal had that challenge a few months back on his facebook page. It's a good idea for those who have lost or struggle with resting in a squatting position, although I think some targeted mobility drills would increase the efficacy for many. The goal is NOT to treat it like a "workout", but as an activity you do throughout the day.

Haven't been to the gym since Thursday. Feels so good to lift again.

Just have to do 2-3 weeks of damage control to prepare for my bulk. Probably won't start till mid October, or November.

Back
Top Bottom