STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Went to the gym for the first time in 40 days yesterday...man was that rough.

I travel often for work so it really sucks when you get your body going for awhile, then have a long trip like that. It's like starting all over again.

I prefer to think about fundamental human patterns (squatting, walking, crawling, brachiating, manipulating external objects, etc.). It is not something we were "designed to do," it is simply a pattern that we evolved with, and abandoning the squat is not the only factor when considering dysfunction, far from it, actually. Everyone has their own, individual problems and there are no panaceas, unfortunately.

Ido Portal had that challenge a few months back on his facebook page. It's a good idea for those who have lost or struggle with resting in a squatting position, although I think some targeted mobility drills would increase the efficacy for many. The goal is NOT to treat it like a "workout", but as an activity you do throughout the day.

Yeah i agree that it definitely is not a workout. However, if someone wants to bench press but cannot sit comfortably in that squat it seems counter intuitive to the end goal of health. Im not a big workout for aesthetics guy. It doesnt bother me if others are...its like choosing to play hoops for fun. I am a big proponent of living a long long mobile and healthy life. Primarily, genetics, flexibility and movement ease, and low calorie diet are the three biggest factors. If i can easily get on the floor when im 65 to play with grandkids that is more important to me than how jacked i can get my body

Anyone have input on Musclepharm Combat Powder? or is there something better I should be looking into?

Either I'm getting used to C4 pre-workout or I'm doing it wrong. I usually eat a banana or some fruit before I work out and drink my C4 with water. Barely feel it (I do 3 scoops usually).

Either I'm getting used to C4 pre-workout or I'm doing it wrong. I usually eat a banana or some fruit before I work out and drink my C4 with water. Barely feel it (I do 3 scoops usually).

I just bought a tub of C4, and haven't used a pre in years. Half way through the tub, I don't feel anything at all anymore.

I've tried a couple pre workouts (musclepharm assault, betancourt bullnox, vega sport pre-workout energizer and jack3d micro)

Controlled labs white flood reborn was easily the best

Also I take their multi.. And the fish oil tablets and greens sup

Recommend all 3 (the fish oil and greens are packaged together)

C4 is pretty weak IMO. You should try 1mr Vortex or MP's Assault.

Will try White Flood after I finish this tub.
if you're not feeling 3 scoops of c4, don't bother with white flood. try vpx white heat or that cannibal ferox dude talked about on the other page. start with a half scoop but never go past a full scoop. if that doesn't do anything for you, buy some meth or cocaine. notsrs.

I've tried a couple pre workouts (musclepharm assault, betancourt bullnox, vega sport pre-workout energizer and jack3d micro)

Controlled labs white flood reborn was easily the best

Also I take their multi.. And the fish oil tablets and greens sup

Recommend all 3 (the fish oil and greens are packaged together)
That's what I take, it's awesome. I like it better than C4 and NO2 Explode

but last Saturday for my chest workout, I took something new, MuscleTech Neurocore, and HOLY ****.

So I filled my shaker up to 12oz, threw a scoop in there. I already had my Creatine and Hemavol pre inside. I read the label of Neurocore and notice you only need 4oz of water for one scoop, so I said **** it, ill just throw in one more to even it out. Maaaaan that stuff does WONDERS. My chest looked like an *** after my damn near 2 hour workout. I was just lifting and lifting, and lifting. I had

Focus
Pump
Strength
Endurance
Energy

Most importantly was energy, I was not tired. I just kept going and going. I never taken 2 scoops of ANY preworkout before btw. Every chest exercise I could do, I did, :lol:. The good thing was it was late Saturday / Sunday morning so the gym had like 4 people total, it was heaven bros. The worst thing though, I COULD NOT SLEEP. I can sleep taking one scoop no problem. My homie told me I wouldn't sleep that night, but I told him I never had issues, but then again, never taken 2 scoops. ****. I laid in bed at 1:30 am - finally fell asleep at 5:15 am. I must of looked at the clock every 30mins, tossing and turning, wide *** awake, I could not sleep. 5:15am is the last thing I remember and I woke up at 7:30am by my alarm for my Sunday morning gym session.

^^ No thanks.

Half a caffeine pill- sometimes, water, and something in my stomache is all i need.

No roids, just rage.

Yeah i agree that it definitely is not a workout. However, if someone wants to bench press but cannot sit comfortably in that squat it seems counter intuitive to the end goal of health. Im not a big workout for aesthetics guy. It doesnt bother me if others are...its like choosing to play hoops for fun. I am a big proponent of living a long long mobile and healthy life. Primarily, genetics, flexibility and movement ease, and low calorie diet are the three biggest factors. If i can easily get on the floor when im 65 to play with grandkids that is more important to me than how jacked i can get my body

Yes, but I would not have that individual stop all bench pressing and only work on resting in a bodyweight squat position. Both can be addressed in a program, and neither is mutually exclusive of the other. Now, if you're talking about barbell squatting and being unable to sit in a squat, that is a different matter.

I just bought a tub of C4, and haven't used a pre in years. Half way through the tub, I don't feel anything at all anymore.
Noticed this same thing with C4... extremely weak imo.. Felt a little something maybe the first time I used it... now i don't feel anything.  I take 4 scoops at a time and still barely anything.  Definitely need to find a better pre workout... Im disappointed because every time I ask about Pre Workout, C4 is always the recommendation.

Back
Top Bottom