STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Im serious when I say this and Im not trying to be a smartass about it either, but do you know what objective and subjective are?

Not to keep harping on this topic (promise I'm done after this)
No disrespect to anyone.

But again There are Criteria that the judges have to go off. It's the same as any "sport" or contest where a judges decision is needed.
Same as in boxing. you go by punches thrown, punches landed, knockdowns. etc.
Bodybuilding you go by fullness of the muscle, Conditioning, Symmetry etc.

a reason Phil generally gets over Kai (or has been the past 3 years) essentially came down to rear delts/ shoulders. A few more minor things.
(in boxing terms) His hit percentage was 56% compared to Kai's 54%

It's sort of one of those things if you're in to bodybuilding and you've done a show or followed it more intently than watching olympia and looking at a few muscle mags for tips, you'd know what exactly there is to judging this "sport"/contest.

Define a bodybuilder though. Must you compete to be considered one? And otherwise you're just another dude that works out? I'll accept that if thats the general idea
Technically if you're in the gym working out you're considered to be "bodybuilding"
just some people (I think it's 5%) take it to the next level and compete in it and do the whole 9 yards.

If you lift weights or do soemthing physical to change your  body your a bodybuilder.

Thats laughable. Are professional athletes bodybuilders?

Are gymnasts body builders?

Are sprinters bodybuilders?

Are discus throwers bodybuilders.

Btw, to reference a post from above... That still isnt an objective measure. Rear delt shape isnt something objective.

Define a bodybuilder though. Must you compete to be considered one? And otherwise you're just another dude that works out? I'll accept that if thats the general idea

we are just dudes that lift and wanna be in shape

dude got all his info from bb forums and pasted everything here

ive seen him over there posting and making threads all the time. forgot his name but noticed the avy right away, it was him in his stringer with the wolf face covering his face

Has anyone ever done a hydrostatic body fat test? How accurate are they? Just did one today and was surprised where i am at. 

Yeah you have to step on stage to be a bodybuilder. Nothing wrong with being a gym rat. I just think all that hard work should be for some sort of competition. 

Also gymnastics isn't a sport. Neither is ice skating. If it has judges who score you on how well you did something in their eyes it isn't a sport. 

Yeah you have to step on stage to be a bodybuilder. Nothing wrong with being a gym rat. I just think all that hard work should be for some sort of competition. 

Also gymnastics isn't a sport. Neither is ice skating. If it has judges who score you on how well you did something in their eyes it isn't a sport. 

That shows how little you know about gymnastics. It is most definitely a sport. Gymnastics is incredibly objective. Specific movements have specific point values and deductions are standardized. It's like in basketball, you either make the basket or you don't.

This whole "discussion" is an enormous waste of time and energy. Who cares whether you can classify bodybuilding as a sport or not. Semantics like this lead nowhere.

That shows how little you know about gymnastics. It is most definitely a sport. Gymnastics is incredibly objective. Specific movements have specific point values and deductions are standardized. It's like in basketball, you either make the basket or you don't.

This whole "discussion" is an enormous waste of time and energy. Who cares whether you can classify bodybuilding as a sport or not. Semantics like this lead nowhere.
Why would I know a lot about gymnastics? Its not incredibly objective. You sit in the shadows and only come out to spew your 3 paragraph long scientific essays, do you actually lift? 

A simple google search shows that the rules have been changed over the years because of the lack of objectivity in them.

Last edited:
You guys are just making up your own definition of what a 'sport' is

At the end of the day, this is all that a sport is, per the dictionary:

an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

Objectivity or subjectivity has nothing to do with it

Last edited:
Not another pointless debate...

On another not dennis wolf should have won the olympia... dude is shredded wheat. His calf game not that great though prolly cost him some
927984_324851991030952_458919912_n.jpg

You guys are just making up your own definition of what a 'sport' is
At the end of the day, this is all that a sport is, per the dictionary:
an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.
Objectivity or subjectivity has nothing to do with it

This^

Your personal opinions of it being a sport, entertaining or not entertaining means nothing.
Definition of a sport is right there. you don't see it as such fine. but it's there.

Dennis wolf looked great, it's going to be interesting to see him vs. Rhoden next year. I think Big Ramy will do Arnold next year (I think he skipped it)

I still am so surprised at how good Branch looked, hope he stays in next year

Last edited:

Yeah you have to step on stage to be a PROFESSIONAL bodybuilder. Nothing wrong with being a gym rat. I just think all that hard work should be for some sort of competition. 

like someone said earlier, every move in gymnastics and ice skating (and diving and etc etc) has a set score with points being deducted for spefific flaws in the movement. that being said, i enjoy watching people argue in this thread, especially when someone gets upset.

So is this a thread about terminators in undies or staying in shape?

Laat few pages are grown *** men talking about what is or what isn't sport.

Where is the lean mean machine talk

I use alpha amino kinda expensive but I never wake up sore and the taste is great

Drinking it right now. I actually think I prefer Gaspari Aminolast though. Unfortunately I couldnt give you a particular reason why though. Tastes better and I felt like it made it into my system quicker, which I'm sure is just in my head. Downside is Aminolast is a little more expensive.

Xtend seems to be the better value, 12.5g scoop makes 90 servings for 1100+ Grams but i'll try out the Aminolast.

I do both,
Currently using a stuff Called Crush,

hands down best I've ever used in my life.

I also meal prep

I have a squat question. I've avoided them for most of my life bc they hurt my back. But I got advice on form and stick with it and it's no longer an issue. I think they've helped my back actually. Anyway, I have trouble getting all the way down. If I do a weightless squat with my arms straight forward or down I can go all the way down with no issue.

If my hands are up or holding a squat bar I cant do it. Like not even close. Has anyone else had this problem? Any advice?

Im not a flexible person but what works for me to get me low is putting 5lb weights (or anything flat with about an inch height) on the ground and putting my heals on there and squatting. Its a bit of cheating but I still get lower than just flat footed

Complains about people arguing then proceeds to ask if people meal prep or use pre workouts....

The same **** just gets recycled in here, Id rather argue about what is considered a sport then if pre workouts work...

You guys can debate all you want, I see a lot of posts asking for advice that go unanswered. Some I try to chime in, but overall the arguments take away from people actually needing some help.

Back
Top Bottom