STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

The USA needs to ease up on their HGH testing so we can catch up with these chinese and russian lifters man

This 84 kg chinese dude would kill our 94 kg lifters smh

A guy like Pat Mendes is probably the usa's best chance to get on the map, but he gets banned for 2 years for hgh use

WHY

EVERYONE in the weightlifting world is on PEDs

Last edited:
Bruh....that chinese dude....i weight 185lbs and i can't even deadlift 480lbs 
laugh.gif
.  He cleaned it so flawlessly  

Yes, it is harder to power jerk. Power jerking that much weight requires more flexibility. It's harder to overhead squat like that unless the grip on the bar is wider, like on a snatch. That's my personal reason for why I don't power jerk.

There are other reasons why most ppl prefer to split jerk, like having a wider base for support, less margin for error, and not needing to jerk the bar as high.

Last edited:
But for me, it's mostly flexibility. Even with very light weights, I can't overhead squat with a grip that narrow

By the way, I said he power jerked it but it's a squat jerk. See, that's how often I don't see a squat jerk, I forget what it's called lol.

Last edited:
Anything by optimum nutrition. There's gold standard, hydrowhey and performance whey.

A lot of ppl stick with gold standard. I was on hydrowhey for forever before deciding to give their performance whey a try.

I've tried every flavor at one point. There's not really a flavor I recommend. To me, there's not really one flavor much better than the others.

I'm currently on the vanilla performance whey. It's ok.

Cellucor is great for everything but shakes. Their cinnamon one is awesome with a little greek yogurt and peanut butter. 

I honestly did not know ON carried a mocha cappuccino flavor. I never see that in stores.

Too bad I just bought this humongous tub of vanilla.

I'd love to try something new.

Still on the vitamin shoppe whey tech pro 24. All flavors are decent. Currently buy one get one 50% off.

Last edited:
Still on the vitamin shoppe whey tech pro 24. All flavors are decent. Currently buy one get one 50% off.
Recently bought 10lbs of this protein off that deal, plus they had a $15 off $75 last week.

10lbs of protein for around $60...I'm ok with that.

There are Americans in the 94 kg category who can't clean and jerk 210 smh

Kendrick Farris, I'm looking at you

And our juniors in the 105 category don't currently have anyone who can clean 218,i don't think, but I'd have to double check

What's crazy about the video is that it looked like he power cleaned it. And he power jerked it.

Yikes!

The Chinese have the luxury of specializing these kids from very young ages and being ruthless with them. They break many bodies before generating any of these "superstars." This is true in olympic weightlifting, gymnastics, handbalancing, and other sports. It's impressive to watch, but a sad reality for these athletes.

There are Americans in the 94 kg category who can't clean and jerk 210 smh

Kendrick Farris, I'm looking at you

And our juniors in the 105 category don't currently have anyone who can clean 218,i don't think, but I'd have to double check

What's crazy about the video is that it looked like he power cleaned it. And he power jerked it.

Yikes!

It all levels out in the Olympics, when testing ramps up.

Can't get mad when dudes are pushing 200kg/400llb+ clean and jerks.

"I'm looking at you" :lol: Easy there bud.

That was a clean and jerk, then he squatted that thing for good measure (squat jerk).

Matter of preference whether you prefer the split jerk as opposed to the jerk. Most people who split, do it incorrectly, not keeping the shin vertical and putting their front knee in a very vulnerable position for injury.

Snatch Grip or Clean Grip is a matter of preference for most of these guys, for beginners, Snatch grip is fed to you early and it comes easier (wider base). Clean Grip, takes some time to get used to and a little bit more core strength. If you have your OHS down with a Snatch Grip, flexibility isn't what's keeping you from doing it with a Clean Grip. It's other factors.

Being unable to squat with a clean overhead is a mixture of a mobility/core issue for a lot of ppl .

I have my overhead down with a snatch grip, but I still feel like flexibility is an issue to me. Im sure I could work on the flexibility issue easily and be squat jerking shortly, but like you said, split jerking is a matter of preference.

I don't really like Kendrick Farris, so that's just my dislike for him spilling out in my post. I feel he is pretty cocky and gets defensive a bit easily. If you've seen how he replies to comments you'll understand :lol:

Sometimes I see people not really coming at him, but speaking their mind, and he just gets back at them extra hard for no reason. I had to unfollow him for that reason.

Fans be keeping it to weightlifting and he brings up people's mothers. :lol:

As for drug testing, the USAD are stricter with their testing. I mean Russians and Chinese test too but it seems to be the concensus in weightlifting circles that their governments just test their lifters to make sure they're clean in time for Olympic testing. Like when Klokov didn't compete in 2012,i know he said he was hurt but rumor is that he just couldn't get clean in time for the competition and the Russians kept it on the DL

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom