STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

you used to play D1 football?

Signed to FAU my senior year, but family stuff came up so I sat out my freshman year of college and went to my local university.

Ended up going to a Juco in Kansas - coffeyville the year after that ( one of the only spots that would still offer me from my year off).

Had more people on my Juco team go pro than the 3-4 years of FAU players combined lol.

Last edited:
Signed to FAU my senior year, but family stuff came up so I sat out my freshman year of college and went to my local university.

Ended up going to a Juco in Kansas - coffeyville the year after that ( one of the only spots that would still offer me from my year off).

Had more people on my Juco team go pro than the 3-4 years of FAU players combined lol.
What position did you play.

Just do pullups with bands for assistance, and as you get stronger, take off a band.

Let's say you start off with a black band and a blue/red

As you get stronger, advance to a black and blue band,

then

take off the blue

then instead of using the black band, use two blues

then

blue/red

then just the blue

then just the red

then last but not least, voila, your first unassisted pullup

This approach doesn't work for everyone and when it does, it often leaves gaps in developing strength throughout the full ROM. This is because the assistance provided by the band changes throughout the ROM and this is not an adjustable variable. You can't change where the least assistance is provided, only how much assistance is provided there. Plus, setting up bands and using them for someone who can't do a pull up is difficult. Bands in general aren't a good choice for assisting dynamic movements. For isometric positions and for adding resistance in concentric they can be good.

Pulleys are better than bands, but for a normal chin up they aren't necessary.

Just do pullups with bands for assistance, and as you get stronger, take off a band.

Let's say you start off with a black band and a blue/red

As you get stronger, advance to a black and blue band,

then

take off the blue

then instead of using the black band, use two blues

then

blue/red

then just the blue

then just the red

then last but not least, voila, your first unassisted pullup

This approach doesn't work for everyone and when it does, it often leaves gaps in developing strength throughout the full ROM. This is because the assistance provided by the band changes throughout the ROM and this is not an adjustable variable. You can't change where the least assistance is provided, only how much assistance is provided there. Plus, setting up bands and using them for someone who can't do a pull up is difficult. Bands in general aren't a good choice for assisting dynamic movements. For isometric positions and for adding resistance in concentric they can be good.

Pulleys are better than bands, but for a normal chin up they aren't necessary.

Not exactly sure why you're saying using bands don't work, but I've seen it done over and over again with success.

You said you signed. 

Don't see anyone meeting your specs on FAU's recruiting history 
nerd.gif

possible ducktales? 
nerd.gif

just curious... 

You get stronger and you will be able to do pull-ups... Simple... Practice... lift weights and you will see the results

Back
Top Bottom