STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Hack squats with feet together, sissy squats, extensions, neutral stance squats with heels elevated...

Ive always had that "no such thing as overtraining" mentality...to an extent. Not really "no such thing" but you can do a lot more than you think. Ive always been big on volume training and just doing workout after workot until I really feel I can do no more.

My homie at the gym has been telling me to just take out a few exercises and youll see more results and hes been preaching overtraining as well. To me, overtraining is not enough rest days inbetween muscle groups or not enough rest period. If its back day or chest day or whatever, best believe im doing all I can.

For ex:

Bench
Inclune bench
Dumbbell flat bench
Incline flat bench
Cable/dumbbel flys (either one,not both)
Various pushups
2-3 tricep exercises

He said to cut out the dumbbell work totally. Meh, feel like that woudnt be enough.

Last edited:
Just got back to hitting the weights after a while. Just started the 5x5's and my bench press is horrible (not that it was ever great begin with)

Currently squatting 160lbs, deadlifting 205lbs, benching 95lbs, overhead pressing 65lbs, and barbell rowing 95lbs.

Any suggestions on how to get my bench press strength higher? Any isolation workouts I should do to gain more strength for it?

Think I have plantar fasciitis :smh:

Anyone ever have this?

Had it in my heel. Feels like a bone is poking out of your foot right? Get yourself a golf ball and press your foot on top of it. Make it hurt. Also just massage it with your hands as often as you can. I'm guessing you hoop, stop doing that for a week or two. You should be good.

Any suggestions on how to get my bench press strength higher? Any isolation workouts I should do to gain more strength for it?

Pushup til failure and immediately go into girl pushup til failure. Do that every day for a week then go back to the bench and flourish

Last edited:
Just got back to hitting the weights after a while. Just started the 5x5's and my bench press is horrible (not that it was ever great begin with)

Currently squatting 160lbs, deadlifting 205lbs, benching 95lbs, overhead pressing 65lbs, and barbell rowing 95lbs.

Doing 5x5 as well. My bench is pretty crappy too. I think 5x5 is definitely helping. I definitely recommend pushups as well. For a while I was doing 10 pushups for everytime I left or entered my room. That was kinda OD. I also suggest looking into your technique. For me learning how to incorporate leg drive was a big help to getting my bench press up.

Thanks guys, repped.

I'm going to start hitting the pushups more then.

I also have to look into that leg drive you're talking about. I don't think I'm using any power from my lower body to help at all right now.

:lol:

I'm sure you guys are already hip but these guys have been good to me

What does Amino Energy do for you?

Is it just pre-workout? What's the advantage of taking pre-workouts?

I personally never took pre-workouts before. I always thought I never had to get in the mood to workout.
[quote name="wildout4" url="/t/500128/stay-get-back-in-shape-vol-3-0-a-new-niketalk-a-new-thread/45390#post_22967468"

The Amino Energy really helps my energy. Like after doing a few sets, I sometimes can feel exhausted without it or i'll die out when going for max reps. With that stuff I'm usually locked in, focused, and energized after a set. My workouts are usually a bit more intense, like 4 scoops and I'll work out for like 3-4 hours and feel really accomplished after.

I cant believe how much of a difference of flavor it is between double rich chocolate and extreme milk chocolate.

i dunno how ive been using double rich chocolate for so long

DUDE I JUST ORDERED MILK CHOCOLATE. :lol: That's funny u posted that. can't wait to try it. I saw it had a 9.0 rating. I also ordered Mocha Cappacino, figured **** it might as well try. I had cookies and cream last time it was meh at first but toward the end of the 2LBs I kinda liked it.

Last edited:

Gain weight and all those numbers will go up, fact. 

I recently hurt my neck playing ball. Every time I do back exercises like rows or something it hurts like a mofo. Only pull ups don't hurt my neck. Anybody have good results doing weighted pull ups only. I do about 100 pull ups when I do my back spread out over 6 sets

Last edited:
anyone experience sciataca? wondering how you guys ease back into the gym, and what helps recovery? thoughts on physical therapy for recovery? think that i might not want to try PT but if it helps then i'll do it.

anyone experience sciataca? wondering how you guys ease back into the gym, and what helps recovery? thoughts on physical therapy for recovery? think that i might not want to try PT but if it helps then i'll do it.
PT helps a ton. See if you can get one that knows the graston technique. Most painful thing but most helpful thing in my recovery from piriformis syndrome. Sciatica has some of the same symptoms so I'd assume similar therapy would help.

Work on core strength- practice always engaging the pelvic floor when doing abs. Do more abs. 

I recently hurt my neck playing ball. Every time I do back exercises like rows or something it hurts like a mofo. Only pull ups don't hurt my neck. Anybody have good results doing weighted pull ups only. I do about 100 pull ups when I do my back spread out over 6 sets

Rest and let it heal first.

I do weight pullups/regular pullups as a warm up for my back day. It feels nice but wont substitute a whole back workout.

Back
Top Bottom