STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Hurt my wrist trying to get the dumbbells up for a shoulder press. :smh:

I can lift the weight weight for multiple reps and sets but for some reason ddin't have enough energy to get them in position. Gonna have to sit and let this thing heal.
Gotta watch that man. I use to do the same. I would put a lot of strain on the wrists when bringing them up. Now I kinda use my legs to help get them up. So much better. Wrist wraps help too

there's that one upright rack to help position heavy dumbbells for shoulder press. can't find a pic or vid. there's also those hooks you can attach to the dumbbells to suspend them on a bar to help you position them for your presses. i haven't ever used either though. i mainly use OHP as my shoulder press movement and don't go very heavy if i do seated dumbbell shoulder presses.

Last edited:
He's trying to sabotage your gains.

What an idiot though, you could literally only do squats and a couple other things and be huge.

:lol: good. Either alternate sets or go away. It's annoying when people hover. If you want to get in say something.

Sheeeeesh. Been having longggggg days and really need to dig deep to wanna go train. That's why I love when I used to train early in the AM before doing anything else.

Sheeeeesh. Been having longggggg days and really need to dig deep to wanna go train. That's why I love when I used to train early in the AM before doing anything else.

You just gotta go train bro. Lots of busy ppl make time to go to the gym everyday.

I've completely lost my drive. Haven't been working out like I should. Eating like complete crap. Lazy af. Need to find my mojo again.

Get new things (whether it's clothes, shoes, equipment, supplement, etc.) so you have something new to look forward to using.

Last edited:
Hurt my wrist trying to get the dumbbells up for a shoulder press. :smh:

I can lift the weight weight for multiple reps and sets but for some reason ddin't have enough energy to get them in position. Gonna have to sit and let this thing heal.

Use your knees to get the dumbbells up into the starting position. Much easier.

Back Squat Temp - 3 with Heavy Weight is Hard As Hell...100Kg Yesterday 5x5

1 Arm-Dumbbell OHS squats is not easy...Damn near fell over on the first set 
laugh.gif

Changes in leverage? Idk how you would even be able to tell/describe that. Changes in strength, yes lol.

I think it's most noticeable on a deadlift. I was able to keep a much more neutral spine when I weighed less. Now anytime I hit heavy weight my upper back rounds like crazy. Granted I know upper back rounding isn't too bad it just bothers me why there's such a substantial difference in form. Maybe my belts gotten too tight, mobility is jacked up, or I'm just over thinking it lol.

Changes in leverage? Idk how you would even be able to tell/describe that. Changes in strength, yes lol.
Squat is most obvious to me- you have a big gut to push against in the hole.

But mainly the difference comes from distribution of the weight. You have extra lbs to distribute the weight over means it's easier to lift. The deadlift is actually least affected by weight gain/loss because of this.

Gain a significant amount of weight and I promise youll be able to tell. My bench skyrocketed and all I did was eat more and gain weight, made zero changes to form or programming.

You guys that weightlift are you eating in a surplus or no?

Last edited:
Maybe my belts gotten too tight, mobility is jacked up, or I'm just over thinking it lol.

start by taking the belt off more often. a strong core is underrated...

I hope you're not one of those guys that wears a belt the entire workout...:smh:

Last edited:
Any general advice for keeping a neutral spine while deadlifting for beginners? Not for me. I workout with my cousin and basically "train" him and for the life of him, dude cannot properly deadlift without rounding his spine out like crazy. A work around I've been doing - just so he gets some lower back work in - is 3 quarter dead lifts. He's gotta learn so we tried again yesterday. Awful. Made me a little nauseous TBH. Had to send him to do do rows, lat pull downs and pull-ups instead.

Anyway, he's like 6'3 170 with long arms. Seems to have flexibility issues since he can't really get low. I'm thrown off on advice since our body types are totally different and I've been doing this forever :lol:

Any general advice for keeping a neutral spine while deadlifting for beginners? Not for me. I workout with my cousin and basically "train" him and for the life of him, dude cannot properly deadlift without rounding his spine out like crazy. A work around I've been doing - just so he gets some lower back work in - is 3 quarter dead lifts. He's gotta learn so we tried again yesterday. Awful. Made me a little nauseous TBH. Had to send him to do do rows, lat pull downs and pull-ups instead.

Anyway, he's like 6'3 170 with long arms. Seems to have flexibility issues since he can't really get low. I'm thrown off on advice since our body types are totally different and I've been doing this forever
laugh.gif
Mobility training.  

As my coach told me, drop the weight.  

Start him off at a weight where his form is right, then work up from there.

Last edited:
start by taking the belt off more often. a strong core is underrated...

I hope you're not one of those guys that wears a belt the entire workout...:smh:

Nahh I'm not one of those guys who keeps the belt on even when I do curls hahaha. I do a lot of beltless work and only belt up for heavier sets

Back
Top Bottom