STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I gotta stop being lazy and do cardio but good lord I HATE it.

I was the same way. What I did was for the first week ide do 5 minutes after my workouts then the next week ide up it to 10 then each week ide up it 5 min. I worked my way up to 25-30min or I just set a number of calories to be burned.

Going to Los campeones tomorrow with my girl to check it out. It's more a oly/powerlifting gym. Should be fun. That's her gym and I can go for free so that's that.

cardio is a waste of time imo (unless you're conditioning your body/heart for endurance). Better incorporate that into your lifestyle....no need to be a hamster. Besides, its been proven lifting burns more fat than cardio at the end of the day.

Cardio a waste of time?

I want to bench 225+ but I don't wanna be out of breathe going up a flight of stairs. I know it's not to that extent but you get my point

cardio is a waste of time imo (unless you're conditioning your body/heart for endurance). Better incorporate that into your lifestyle....no need to be a hamster. Besides, its been proven lifting burns more fat than cardio at the end of the day.

Cardio a waste of time?

I want to bench 225+ but I don't wanna be out of breathe going up a flight of stairs. I know it's not to that extent but you get my point

Then go up the stairs 10 times for 4 reps. Not every time, but you get my point.
[emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127996[/emoji]

:lol: whatever. Not going to knock anyone for exercising. We all knock out 100+ pushups at work throughout the day.

Second time deloading on OHP. For some reason, I can't get past 110. Weak *** shoulders. Anyone have any tips on how to get over the hump? I know it's not big boy weight but I'm trying. :smh:

I use to do this in the server room at work.
roll.gif
Every time we clear the board at work (no food to cook) we all do them.
laugh.gif
When I worked retail I'd be doing pushups in the stock room and practicing goblet squats with shoe boxes lol.

Co-sign on push ups, squats, and stretching in the office :lol:

I quickly learned to just ignore people who would look at my funny

i have my own office and i don't do any of that in there :lol:
still need to get that stand up desk though. hopefully before 2017.

I have my own office too. I probably should be doing those kind of stuff, but I just don't want to sweat at work. Don't want to feel sweaty and dirty and then all of a sudden a medical or psychiatric emergency breaks out :lol:

What I will do is that on the days when it's quiet and I have someone sharing the office with me, he'll keep watch while I go upstairs to the gym and workout/play basketball :smile:

There was one night when all 3 of my friends and I had a coworker who can keep watch on the floor for us. We'd all take our lunch break at the same time and play 2 on 2 for an hour or so :smile:

Those days are rare though.

Last edited:
Whats everyone chest workout looking at? My chest and shoulders are prob my weakest so I focus on those a lot.

for chest I do:

incline bench

decline bench

incline dumbbell press

incline dumbbell flies

machine chest flies 

I'd bring chairs and do dips and push-ups. I would do sit-ups etc. Knock out half my workout and then do the rest once I got home.

My job is dirty by nature so my dambs about laying on the floor left a long time ago. We hit abs too. :lol:

For chest everything you said and cables too.

All three benches until I can't anymore and then fill the rest in with various stuff.

Last edited:

Why is cardio a waste of time? You talking purely fat loss reasons?

yeah i'm not so sure about that. i'm not talking about only for "endurance" purposes, but i do think it's very important as a healthy lifestyle element. also, i think everyone has differing ideas on what constitutes "cardio".

My job is dirty by nature so my dambs about laying on the floor left a long time ago. We hit abs too. :lol:

For chest everything you said and cables too.

All three benches until I can't anymore and then fill the rest in with various stuff.
I'm about to be on my workout skeez again. I feel weak lately. Will be following this thread. I need to start eating more brown rice. I hated it as a kid,but started eating here and there and now I'm craving it. So that's a plus.

Last edited:
yeah i'm not so sure about that. i'm not talking about only for "endurance" purposes, but i do think it's very important as a healthy lifestyle element. also, i think everyone has differing ideas on what constitutes "cardio".
The last part is probably a large part of it.

Fwiw, judging by what ive seen on local courts, basketball isnt cardio haha

Got a 2 week pass at Golds last week. The hoist machines they have are sooo nice. I wish LA Fitness had those.

Back
Top Bottom