STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Not sure if you can keep hips that high during a max deadlift. On heavier loads, I'd prefer to drop the hips down and use more of my legs. But that weight looked light for your man, and that wasn't a bad form at all.

Your front squat looked awesome. I would love to front squat like you lol

Last edited:

:rofl:

Well in that case.....new video upload. With that 290x4 bench I bounced off my chest @jamesandSTL

2 for 5s

#struggleburger

[emoji]128517[/emoji][emoji]128517[/emoji][emoji]128517[/emoji]
cause it ain't have all the toppings YOU like? Lol foh you still hating on my burger #stillgotdemgainstho

And I'm eating burger King this weekend and topping it off with taCo bell lmao

Form check fellas.

Deadlift. 5 @ 300lbs. Sorry if it's pretty far

Front squat. 3 @ 250lbs.
you need to dip your butt. It looked like a stiff legged dead. Except with a stiff legged, you don't reset on the ground.

I actually dont think you need to dip your butt at all.

I saw nothing wrong with it at all.

Agree to disagree.

:rofl:

Well in that case.....new video upload. With that 290x4 bench I bounced off my chest @jamesandSTL

2 for 5s
It was dumb to do on a cut but 2 for 5? CMON lmao. I'm cheap that was the steal of a lifetime.

Not sure if you can keep hips that high during a max deadlift. On heavier loads, I'd prefer to drop the hips down and use more of my legs. But that weight looked light for your man, and that wasn't a bad form at all.

I def think yu can keep the hips that high during a deadlift.

The starting position for a deadlift isnt the same for every person. A drop in the hips might bring the knees too far forward and throw off all the mechanics.

Nah it's cuz I was gone off the henny on Saturday and spazzed

Everyone's set up is different, but he's still setting up too high.

His form is adequate like that, but he could definitely work himself into a better position.

Mark Bell always says your hips need to be below your shoulders, and he looks pretty close to being parallel. With that being said, some people sit down way too low. When you have a good tight set up, the bar should be wanting to come off the ground before you even start your pull, and that doesn't look like the case here.

I def think yu can keep the hips that high during a deadlift.

The starting position for a deadlift isnt the same for every person. A drop in the hips might bring the knees too far forward and throw off all the mechanics.
true. I like to dip more it helps keep my back straight and make sure it's straight up.

EDIT; Good to see I WASN'T BUGGING about his butt being too high.

Last edited:
Thanks. I got to sub200 the other day.

Like I'm not gonna lie I've been depressed since Sunday not eating not sleeping and smoking cigs

Thanks. I got to sub200 the other day.

Like I'm not gonna lie I've been depressed since Sunday not eating not sleeping and smoking cigs
Try going for a run, maybe you will feel better. This semester got me really stressed too. I havent been sleeping, usually naps. I'd run for about 15-20minutes a week and it felt it relieved a lot of stress for me. I hope you feel better, seriously

I had a friend who committed suicide on Halloween due to being depressed and i dont want that happening to anyone else. It may be a phase but just bang out them weight fam

Last edited:
Try going for a run, maybe you will feel better. This semester got me really stressed too. I havent been sleeping, usually naps. I'd run for about 15-20minutes a week and it felt it relieved a lot of stress for me. I hope you feel better, seriously

I had a friend who committed suicide on Halloween due to being depressed and i dont want that happening to anyone else. It may be a phase but just bang out them weight fam

Depressions real. Been battling it for a min now, the weights been the best outlet for me.

Depressions real. Been battling it for a min now, the weights been the best outlet for me.
im glad for you brother.

i'm a therapist and i avoid therapy.

but this month a close friend/nter and i made a pact to seek counseling this upcoming year.

as a therapist i take on a lot of people's trauma and depression.

i try to avoid it but it gets to me sometimes 

Ill be honest... The therapy/counselling didnt really help me. I think it was more cuz my therapist couldnt relate to my situation, how i came up etc. I guess everyone different tho. I tried to **** her too but she wasnt having it :smh:.

Psychiatrist was good tho. The pills r great.

The higher your hips start the harder it is to push them through and the top and lock the weight out. On the other hand if you drop them too low you will get pitched forward when the weight breaks the floor. 

Think I'm gonna go for 90's today on the incline db press. I'm pretty much over bench. Due to injuries in my arm I can progress a lot faster in db with no pain.

Been maintaining 180 now but am getting stronger again. I just feel like I look mad small but I feel better at 180. 190 is too much for my short ***.

Back
Top Bottom