STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

quick question for yall...

when yall back squat, do you let the weight completely rest on your back or do you use your arms to hold some of the weight?

Great doc.
pimp.gif

Shows you the type of mental makeup and dedication you need to be at the top of strength sports.

When dude pulled out the sleep apnea machine, you knew it was real.
A lot of the big boys have to have CPAPs 
laugh.gif

Day 8 of shortcut to size, increased the weight by 5. I can bench 85 pounds for my set today (don't laugh, I'm only 125 pounds :lol:) idk what I can max at yet. Before this routine, I never benched in my life lol

Good for you bruh if it's difficult weight for you then you know you're getting paid don't worry about what other people are doing

Week 7 DL. Was supposed to do 400x2 said f it and just threw on 4plates.

DL
225x5
315x5
365x2
405x3

Tried a 4th rep couldnt get it. That was my 1rm so felt good.

Speed DL
335x3x3

Power shrugs- 315x2x5
Stiff leg DL- 245x2x5
Bent over rows- 225x2x5
Reverse grip lat pull down- 300x2x5
Good mornings- 135x2x5

Biceps and cardio. Think ima smash 445 in 3wks.

Day 8 of shortcut to size, increased the weight by 5. I can bench 85 pounds for my set today (don't laugh, I'm only 125 pounds
laugh.gif
) idk what I can max at yet. Before this routine, I never benched in my life lol
We all start somewhere.

I was 250+ and had to work up to 135lbs on the bench when I started seriously lifting. I was mad embarrassed, but I can say it got to a point where I was using 135 for speed-burn after my heavier sets. Bruh, I couldn't even squat 135 when I started. 
roll.gif

Keep working, my dude!

Last edited:
I was 125 pounds when I started lifting and I remember not being to bench 65 pounds more than 3 times and not being able to do a single pull up.

I remember it took me months of doing it assisted to build up to one unassisted pullup.

I also remember when I considered squatting 95 pounds heavy lmao

Then when I got stronger I used to think I was doing it benching 135 pounds as a 130 pounder until I took a long around and saw that benching at least 185 pounds was pretty common.

Last edited:
I can finally say im in the 3 plate club for back squats. 
pimp.gif

Hit it for 4 reps tonight.... But I want that 3 plate front squat.... 
nthat.gif

edit*

thoughts on this?

Last edited:
I'm not against young ppl weightlifting but I am against lifting with that form.

There's this little girl on instagram who's 70 pounds that can snatch 65 pounds and clean and jerk 80. And she can deadlift 135 pounds for 3. Most importantly she does everything with super clean form. That's what's impressive to me.

Last edited:
Theres this middle eastern looking guy at my gym who puts the ***** pad on with about 455 on there and goes town literally 2 inches and comes up with the bar bouncing everywhere like he's really doing something, then we got this 10 year old almost sitting on the ground 
laugh.gif

I don't think most people realize there form sucks though, I know mine isn't the best.

Last edited:
That video make and laugh every time. U don't know what's more ridiculous, his squat attempt or his homeboy hugging him the whole time. Hahahaha

Last edited:
I don't think at that age the benefits outweigh the risk honestly, at least her doing strength training that is. Give her a few more years before you start having her pull max deadlifts lol

I'm not really a ML fan, don't like his delivery at all and I could see him doing that for more view honestly. 

Last edited:
Got a new bench max. About a month ago I tried 175 and BARELY got it up. Like I thought I was gonna get pinned lmao so I tried it again the other day and got it x2 I'm pretty happy about it I think I can get that body weight bench now.
Also got two plates on DL for a new pr and went up to 55s on incline db. I never really go for a max on incline I just go up as long as I can rep it 5-8 times

My chest weak like crazy. How do y'all push through the mental barrier of heavier weight on the bench with no spotter?

My chest weak like crazy. How do y'all push through the mental barrier of heavier weight on the bench with no spotter?

Just have to keep doing it and keep eating heavy, results will come.

Also there are ways to make your bench stronger without a spot.

Weighted dips and just using DB's on an incline so if you fail you can just drop them.

You could also bench in the power rack and set up the bars so it will catch the barbell if you fail.

Back
Top Bottom