STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

taking a week off the gym... its really needed esp with this elbow issue im having.

So after a horrendous squat performance last night, i hit a PR on bench. 205x6. Was supposed to hit that 3x but had to settle for 4 my last two sets.

1RM is definitely on the way up. True test will be Sunday/Monday when I go for 225x4x4. I've never hit 225 for more than 3 period, so it should be interesting.

NT brehs, I gained a ton of weight in a short amount of time about a year ago. During that time I got stretch marks, and some weird shape on my belly, probably meaning my skin stretched or something. Either way can I lose these stretch marks with some procedure? What about the excess skin?

What if I just got jacked, would that make it all less noticeable? Im brown btw haha i dont know if that matters for stretch mark visibility

what about tattoos?

thanks dawgs

Just get jacked regardless. I have a scar on my stomach that looked like I survived shark attack and a slice down my side and that's just my torso.

Doesn't matter if you're jacked.

Last edited:
Doctor made me get another Spine /nerve shot . such a painful shot but im about to take full advantage of this numbness in the gym today.....

Finished up two months of keto and here are some of my thoughts. I'll keep in short and sweet.

Starting weight and bf: 195 14% ending weight and fat: 180 9.4% 

I was on a two week carb cycle and my workout routine was a program from t-nation called optimized volume training. I know it was designed to add mass and keto might not be the appropriate diet for it, but I kept it the same for simplicity. In hindsight I probably would have had better results with a different workout program. Also I did 30 min of cardio 4-5 days a week.

I ate 2.5-3K calories a day and I kept it at 70%fat 25%protein and 5% carbs. Keeping the carbs that low was tough at first, but once you know what you can eat it was fine.

Pros: Body fat dropped. I look leaner/cut. Food was delicious. Energy lever is great.

Cons: Numbers dropped, muscle mass dropped, and I didn't get to eat fruit since they have carbs, but I did eat fruits on my carb days. 

Overall: Keto works if you're trying to lose some body fat, but you have to accept the fact that you will lose muscle mass and your numbers may drop. Not eating carbs isn't as hard as it seems and the "keto flu" really ain't ****. It's equivalent to the mildest hangover. Anyway I wanted to cut body fat and keto did the trick. It's not gonna be long term for me thought. I feel I can slowly start to put back on muscle mass and get stronger without increasing my body fat too greatly. Also going to Mexico in a month and no way I'm not gonna eat carbs there. Is keto better than any other way of cutting? I don't know. All I know is it worked for me 
laugh.gif

Repped on that review :pimp:
I thought i was doing keto, turns out I was just doing high protein low carbs :/

Is it a bad idea for me to work on chest today if my chest is still on fire from my workout on Wednesday?

Not about that keto life.

I think you gotta do what works for you because there's multiple ways to get the same result. As long as you keep tweaking and adjusting you'll be fine.

Disappointing DL day :smh:

Week7

DL
225x5
315X5
365x5
405x5
435x1
460 fail
460 fail
460 fail

Couldnt lock it out any of the 3 attempts smh

Speed DL
340x3x3

Was heated that **** was flying off the ground

Power shrugs- 335x5 365x5
Stiff leg DL- 255x5 275x5
Bent over rows- 225x5 245x5
Reverse grip latpulldown- 320x5x2
Good mornings- 135x5x2

Biceps

Think i increased my max by too much this round. Shouldve went up by 20lbs instead of 40lbs. Gonna try that 460 again next week. Maybe skip 365 or do less reps. Gonna get that tho i know i got it in me

Woke up, took some pre workout and went in
(No breakfast, but I ate. HUGE meal last night)
Wasn't trying to go too heavy w chest because I'm still sore as hell from this week

Chest

Bench Press
Set 1: 45 lb × 25
Set 2: 250 lb × 5
Set 3: 250 lb × 5
Set 4: 250 lb × 5
Set 5: 250 lb × 5
Set 6: 250 lb × 5

Flat Dumbell Fly
Set 1: 40 lb × 12
Set 2: 40 lb × 12
Set 3: 40 lb × 12
Set 4: 40 lb × 12
Set 5: 40 lb × 12

Incline Bench Press
Set 1: 135 lb × 10
Set 2: 225 lb × 5
Set 3: 225 lb × 5
Set 4: 225 lb × 5
Set 5: 225 lb × 5
Set 6: 225 lb × 5

Cable Crossover
Set 1: 60 lb × 15
Set 2: 70 lb × 10
Set 3: 80 lb × 10
Set 4: 90 lb × 10
Set 5: 80 lb × 10
Set 6: 70 lb × 10
Set 7: 70 lb × 10
Set 8: 60 lb × 15

Decline Bench Press
Set 1: 175 lb × 10
Set 2: 175 lb × 8
Set 3: 175 lb × 10
Set 4: 155 lb × 10
Set 5: 155 lb × 10

Close Grip Flat Bench
Set 1: 165 lb × 10
Set 2: 165 lb × 10
Set 3: 165 lb × 8
Set 4: 145 lb × 10
Set 5: 145 lb × 10

Shoulders

Front Dumbell Raise
Set 1: 25 lb × 12
Set 2: 25 lb × 12
Set 3: 25 lb × 12
Set 4: 25 lb × 12
Set 5: 25 lb × 12

Shrug
Set 1: 240 lb × 25
Set 2: 240 lb × 25
Set 3: 240 lb × 25
Set 4: 240 lb × 25

Rope Face Pull
Set 1: 60 lb × 20
Set 2: 70 lb × 20
Set 3: 80 lb × 20
Set 4: 90 lb × 20
Set 5: 100 lb × 20

sir charles ****
Set 1: 25 lb × 10
Set 2: 25 lb × 10
Set 3: 17.5 lb × 10
Set 4: 17.5 lb × 10
Set 5: 17.5 lb × 10

Abs

Ab Wheel
Set 1: 10 reps
Set 2: 10 reps
Set 3: 10 reps
Set 4: 10 reps

Ab Machine
Set 1: 125 lb × 25
Set 2: 130 lb × 25
Set 3: 135 lb × 25
Set 4: 140 lb × 25

anyone been to ritchie's gym in brooklyn... looks like a dope hardcore gym.

I wanna train there, seems like a cool experience.

i trained at the mecca before in venice and the atmosphere was 
pimp.gif

ahat ahat you'll get that bro, you could always just go for max. Warm up good with 135 and 225 then just hit 315 once 405 once and then go for 460.

ahat ahat you'll get that bro, you could always just go for max. Warm up good with 135 and 225 then just hit 315 once 405 once and then go for 460.

Ima go for it again next week. Im not sure if i did too many reps/sets or if i increased the weight for this round of the program by too much. Ima try similar scheme to what u suggested

That's not too much weight, it just wasn't your day to pr. On any givin day I bet your max is +-40 pounds. Just depends how you're feeling.

That's not too much weight, it just wasn't your day to pr. On any givin day I bet your max is +-40 pounds. Just depends how you're feeling.

I meant increasing my current max from 445 to 485 max for the end of the 10wks. Maybe that 40lbs increase was too much, prob shoulda went up by 20 or something. I know i can hit 460 tho, Im hungry for that now :lol:

anyone been to ritchie's gym in brooklyn... looks like a dope hardcore gym.
I wanna train there, seems like a cool experience.
i trained at the mecca before in venice and the atmosphere was :pimp:

That's my old gym.

It's a cool gym, very old school vibe and they have everything you need in there.

My only problems with it were the cleanliness and the lack of power racks.

Let me know if you have any more ?'s.

That's my old gym.

It's a cool gym, very old school vibe and they have everything you need in there.

My only problems with it were the cleanliness and the lack of power racks.

Let me know if you have any more ?'s.

That's awesome. What made you switch gyms?
Also, how true is this yelp review of it?

That's awesome. What made you switch gyms?
Also, how true is this yelp review of it?

That Yelp review is pretty spot on. :lol:

It's mostly hood dudes in the gym, very loud but welcoming and helpful.

You gonna see a lot of guys doing high level bar work with pull ups/muscle ups and a lot of jeans and Timbs. :lol:

I switched because I needed an environment that was cleaner and looked better from a marketing standpoint.

The type of people I'm trying to reach wouldn't work out in a place like Richie's but I would because I have that side of me as well and enjoy that environment.

I get a lot of stares at my new gym when I'm lifting heavy or making noise because people aren't used to that, in Richie's guys just cheer you on or can't hear you because they too busy banging their own iron.

Fousey got a dope physique. Pause

People still say pause??
Compliment the man. It's all that needs to be said. Lol no need to prove you're not gay after thinking that saying this will make you gay.

(Sorry just bored and feeling trolly. ). Tho my statement still holds true. )

Back
Top Bottom