STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I can see the appeal of having your gym in your house. Don’t have to travel, saves you time, don’t have to deal with others, weather ain’t a factor, saves you money long term, etc.

But I also feel like I wouldn’t be in the right mindset because I’m still home. Like how you would go to a library to study better. Something about going to a specific place to do a specific task.
I have a TV downstairs with Netflix, YouTube, etc. I put on a Rocky training montage or some rap videos and let them autoplay.

I used to have a home gym but my neighbors always complained about my music and noise..

giphy.gif

Hey, it is a TuffStuff CXT200 corner funct. trainer and cost around 3500 (also upgraded the 2 stacks). I struggled with price tag for a bit before pulling trigger but have not regretted it one bit. It was perfect fit for my space and I can do just about any cable exercise I need and my oldest girl also uses it for functional training. I have to say, as much as I love the cables for variety, the power rack and olympic bar was best investment and those didn't cost nearly as much. If I had to choose one piece of equipment to start with, it would be a rack - can't believe I waited so long to add one.

I waited too long for to buy a rack too. Finally pulled the trigger on one right before Christmas.

I've been browsing functional trainers, but would have to save up a little before springing for one. I'm big into unilateral training so having one would help me immensely.

I waited too long for to buy a rack too. Finally pulled the trigger on one right before Christmas.

I've been browsing functional trainers, but would have to save up a little before springing for one. I'm big into unilateral training so having one would help me immensely.
With home stuff the simplistic approach is best imo. You buy a cable machine and that thing breaks I don’t even know how to fix it. Good weights is a once in a lifetime purchase

Wife and I should be getting a new house by end of year or next year. First thing I'm doing is putting a home gym downstairs. Been going to the gym 4-5 times a week lately but there's been times where I've had to wait longer than normal to use a machine or free weights. I'm all for people trying to achieve their goal, but it gets frustrating waiting.

Been going to the gym 4-5 times a week lately but there's been times where I've had to wait longer than normal to use a machine or free weights. I'm all for people trying to achieve their goal, but it gets frustrating waiting.

Same man.

I had just wiped down a bench earlier today for DB bench press and, as I'm walking back from the rack with the weight I'm gonna use, I notice this scrawny ****boi who was doing seated DB curls next to me with his scrawny friend, gets up after his set and walks over to the bench I was using and sat down and pulled out his phone.

Without dropping the weight or taking out my headphones, I literally said, "move." He shot right up and apologized, but got**** man, have some awareness.

Back
Top Bottom