STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

for those doing keto.
exactly how different is it from just doing a low carb diet?
just add some healthy fats?

are there any shoes that would be suitable for both running and lifting? trying to kill 2 birds with 1 stone with the funds I have, the nike free's have been doing me well so far. Thanks!
You could go low tech, low investment for your lifting shoes and then put the rest of your funds toward some decent runners. I lift in Nike Dunks. You can get those for under $30.

Last edited by a moderator:
for those doing keto.

Ive been trying to stay under 50g carbs a day and they come from green veggies, I've cut all other carbs out besides on cheat days.

for those doing keto.
I’ve done both and low carb is better IMO less think work :lol:

With Keto protein is moderate and the fat is high.

Low carb is pretty much the opposite with fat being moderate and protein high and a dash of carbs.

Circuit day

86F526C5-7D2B-473F-A9AE-90A8CD1E572F.jpeg

SBs or GR? I hear good things about lifting in chucks, makes sense
Actually use both. Wife was lifting in some FREE trainers and found she was rocking too much on her squats. Switched over to some GR dunks and was a world of difference in her form. I've got multiple pairs of GR and SB dunks that I rotate through. Solid, stable shoe for moving weights at very little cost. You can find them at the outlets for $20 sometimes. No air bag to pop on you...:lol:

I still like getting new kicks so in time I'll be in some dedicated lifting shoes, but were I'm at right now there is no need other than to look like the guy with all the equipment and nothing to show for it.:lol: I'm not that guy. Maybe a year from now. Getting into a program has forced me to address nagging injuries that I've ignored for decades. So the climb has been slow as I end up having to interrupt my routine for PT for several weeks at a time. But whatever work I put in now will pay off long term. Just gotta swallow the pride in the meantime.

what your circuits looking like

doing
one arm DB snatches
KB swings
Zerchers for time myself today

them Hurricanes UBs fire

Today was shoulders/core/stability

• OHP heavy / straight arm plate side raises / single leg bosi ball floor touches / air squat jumps

• hang cleans heavy / wide grip shrugs / straight arm plate front raises / single leg stand on 45lb bumper plate on raised platform kettle bell to floor, come up empty handed, back down and pick up kettle bell, repeat

• strict barbell front raises heavy / close grip shrugs paused / knees to bar

• then some accessory work

are there any shoes that would be suitable for both running and lifting? trying to kill 2 birds with 1 stone with the funds I have, the nike free's have been doing me well so far. Thanks!

I thought this way for a long time (trying to find a shoe that can do everything)...

I started with Free Flyknit 3.0s, which are super comfy but like squatting on a mattress. Then got some Romaleo 3s and used those leg days and Flyknit Racers most other days.

The Romaleos started falling apart, so I returned them and just bought a pair of Vans Vault Sk8 His and Slip Ons and now use those for any leg/heavy compound day and Flyknit Trainers for chest/back.

Long story short, I don't think you'll ever find a shoe that does everything you want it to super well.

I would recommend getting a cheap pair of Chucks or Vans to lift in and a pair of good running shoes (again, depends on your preference but I'm partial to Nike and know the Zoom Fly SPs have been regularly sub $100 direct from NIke). You can always order a pair off Nike and return them within 30 days if you don't like them.

I have had great success with the air max 97, especially squatting and light runs. Fits the shape of my foot and gait very well. Chucks are an all time great in regard to lower body work, as are SB's and Adidas superstars.

only shoe i’ve found that’s decent for lifting and short runs is the free metcons.

they’re decent for short runs, a mile maybe two tops. the back half of the sore is still metcon so as long as you know how to keep the weight to the middle/back of your foot when lifting you’ll be fine.

the only problem i’ve found with them is that the soles are softer and wear out quick. i still have metcon 1s that i lift in and the soles are still good. i blew through the free metcon sole in like 6 months

for those doing keto.

Did it for alittle while, yes healthy fats more fat than a typical low carb diet. Different Oils, avocados are good.. I definitely saw fat loss when doing it rather quickly but felt I wasn’t as strong when working out. So it can be good depending on what your goal is. I’m trying to bulk just alittle so I feel adding few carbs on workout days work best for that and energy when lifting.

Shoes can be all preference. I honestly don't believe in any shoe that can be comfortable for running and lifting heavy.

Chucks are a good shoe for starting out and cheap if you live by an outlet store. However they do have a bout 1/2" lift, still flex and have cushion so power transfer is still affected especially in deadlifts.

Been looking into Asics wrestling shoes for DL's. I have been seeing a lot of people using wrestling/boxing shoes for workouts.

Back
Top Bottom