STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Man its crazy how people that don't understand this lifestyle almost get mad at you for eating clean everyday and **** like that. These people at my job just cant fathom it, they talk mad **** then wanna complain about having a gut :lol:
"Hey, so and so brought donuts for everyone."
"He won't have any cause he's always healthy" *cornball stick up the *** laugh.
I'm just sitting there thinking **** off.

Man its crazy how people that don't understand this lifestyle almost get mad at you for eating clean everyday and **** like that. These people at my job just cant fathom it, they talk mad **** then wanna complain about having a gut :lol:
People talk **** about any diet tbh

tricep fat on women one of the nastiest lookin fat bruh. im talkin about the ones that bust your sleeves and not in a good way

This.

Happens to me all the time at work/last job. They cater food all the time and I always get mad looks and random comments when I pull out my own containers and snacks.

I really don't think it warrants any looks or comments but people feel the need to do so any ways. My thinking is that they just do it to justify their own actions (not eating clean, working out, trying to live a healthy lifestyle etc).

I don't mind talking about it with other people -- but you can tell when they actually care/are listening vs. still thinking that nonsense in their head.

Advice...100% see a qualified ortho or PT (both ideally), if you haven't already. The shoulder girdle is a complicated complex.
Seen an ortho.

I’d been having shoulder issues for months and finally went in. He sent me for X-Rays and everything was normal but for tissue injuries I’d really need an MRI but my insurance won’t pay for that out right. He signed me up for a month of PT.

He told me it’s most likely a small tear because i was still lifting relatively heavy weight.

So guys, back in high school I played high school ball, and was very active and of course my metabolism was much higher than It is now. I weighed in at a lean 180 pounds back then. Had lean muscle and even saw my top abs. Fast forward to now..

I’m 26, not nearly as active. Weighed in at 220 at much heaviest and looked at myself in the mirror, saw my gut and said I need to make a lifestyle change. Started my cut on January 21 at 210 pounds. Today I weighed in at 184. So down 26 pounds, which isn’t too bad, but here’s the thing: As I’m approaching that weight of 180, my body composition isn’t nearly as similar to as it was in high school. My body fat percentage is way higher. I’m eating a substantial amount of protein everyday, counting all my macros, lifting and doing cardio 5 days a week. I want to get rid of all the possible body fat I can, before putting on muscle so should I continue losing to about 160, by continuing doing what I’m doing? Should I lower my carbs, up my protein and stick just to lifting? I’m stuck guys. Any help will be appreciated.

Reactions: JPS
My issue is they go out of their way to come and say sideways ****, its mainly about diet though, I don't hear many "back in my day" stories.

I ALWAYS get the back in the day stories.

I think it’s because I’m small. Like I look like I lift but I’m only 5,8” and 175. Makes the old big dudes insecure. :lol:

I’m just at work throwing heavy **** around like it’s light work and they are out here asking for help.

So guys, back in high school I played high school ball, and was very active and of course my metabolism was much higher than It is now. I weighed in at a lean 180 pounds back then. Had lean muscle and even saw my top abs. Fast forward to now..

I’m 26, not nearly as active. Weighed in at 220 at much heaviest and looked at myself in the mirror, saw my gut and said I need to make a lifestyle change. Started my cut on January 21 at 210 pounds. Today I weighed in at 184. So down 26 pounds, which isn’t too bad, but here’s the thing: As I’m approaching that weight of 180, my body composition isn’t nearly as similar to as it was in high school. My body fat percentage is way higher. I’m eating a substantial amount of protein everyday, counting all my macros, lifting and doing cardio 5 days a week. I want to get rid of all the possible body fat I can, before putting on muscle so should I continue losing to about 160, by continuing doing what I’m doing? Should I lower my carbs, up my protein and stick just to lifting? I’m stuck guys. Any help will be appreciated.

You’re losing weight so you’re doing something right.

Why do you want to lose bf before putting on muscle? Just put on muscle and it will hide body fat.

What are you doing in the gym? You physically good to lift heavy? Do strong lifts 5x5 and some cardio of your choosing.

It’s a no bs program that’s designed to get you strong and put on size. Super simple

Why not? If you can still go ham do it...
I ask because I'm a a few weeks back in the gym after being out for about a year or so. I'm focusing on losing weight fat but I don't want to rush increasing the intensity although I'm already back in the mix of things

Seen an ortho.

I’d been having shoulder issues for months and finally went in. He sent me for X-Rays and everything was normal but for tissue injuries I’d really need an MRI but my insurance won’t pay for that out right. He signed me up for a month of PT.

He told me it’s most likely a small tear because i was still lifting relatively heavy weight.

I see. If you can afford to pay the co-pay I'd definitely recommend getting the MRI. Usually an MRI with contrast injection is the most sensitive diagnostic test for shoulder injuries. If I were you and an ortho said small tear I'd want to know for sure.

Did the he/she just perform tests like tell you to rotate externally, internally, raise your arms with thumbs down, etc?

PT is good. They'll probably work on strengthening your rotator cuff and periscapular muscles. Most people don't know, but the rotator cuff is actually 4 muscles. Another reason I'd want to know if it's a tear. Could be any one of the 4.

I see. If you can afford to pay the co-pay I'd definitely recommend getting the MRI. Usually an MRI with contrast injection is the most sensitive diagnostic test for shoulder injuries. If I were you and an ortho said small tear I'd want to know for sure.

Did the he/she just perform tests like tell you to rotate externally, internally, raise your arms with thumbs down, etc?

PT is good. They'll probably work on strengthening your rotator cuff and periscapular muscles. Most people don't know, but the rotator cuff is actually 4 muscles. Another reason I'd want to know if it's a tear. Could be any one of the 4.
Yea the doctor was bending me up like a pretzel :lol: Bent my arm in many positions.

Would you pause on the PT until I get an MRI or it doesn’t hurt to do PT no matter what the injury is?

Ah, so it's not just me.

I get the comments at work for being in the gym so long, going too often, or waking up early to lift. I also get made fun of, not for eating clean, but for eating chit. Brb on that 24/7/365 see food diet eating whatever and barely gaining weight while they be eating they bullchit salads and still packing on pounds.

They be lookin like
why.png
gucci3.png
and throw shade when I bust out the McDonald's. I look back at em like
sabu.png
troll.png
5I5s8.png
, didn't you just fail your PT test last week on that new diet you on?

"Hey, so and so brought donuts for everyone."
"He won't have any cause he's always healthy" *cornball stick up the *** laugh.
I'm just sitting there thinking **** off.

:lol: I had a meeting last week and had to bring donuts for everyone, I didn't have any and everyone had a comment about it. “You’re too healthy” “lighten up live a little”

Tried to explain that I was IF, that was def pointless. :smh:

I dont take the comments from my coworkers to heart, just laugh it off and drink my protein shake during a pizza party...........|l

Damn where you been??

I dont either, I just **** with them and say yes my chicken and rice tastes great....again.

Oh yeah I def just laugh it off. Although I find it funny they never get tired of saying the same ****. :lol:

Yea the doctor was bending me up like a pretzel :lol: Bent my arm in many positions.

Would you pause on the PT until I get an MRI or it doesn’t hurt to do PT no matter what the injury is?

I would go to the PT, tell him what transpired with the ortho (he likely already has notes with a prescription and all that), and he'll tell you how you should proceed. They'll probably give you a full assessment which is great. In my experience doing PT is super helpful if you're 100% invested in it. Ask questions, do your own homework, follow the protocol. I learned a lot by doing PT and doing a ton of research. Eric Cressey, Tony Gentilcore, Brian Reddy, Mike Reinold are all great resources when it comes to the shoulder. Cressey trains MLB pitchers.

I dont take the comments from my coworkers to heart, just laugh it off and drink my protein shake during a pizza party...........|l
Same dudes ask to hang out with me all the time :lol:

Those females husbands walk in and ask how many times their wife cheated on them :lol:

It’s all good

my boy sold me a 13 mm 1 prong belt for 60. is that a good deal? he paid 140 for it like 2 years ago. its still tough. fits well

Back
Top Bottom