STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Amazon product ASIN B001CCW3B4
1574204983006.png

Seen this in Trader Joe's $11.99. Any good?

Have not personally tried. Macros look off. Cholesterol kinda high and cals are low/only 20g of protons. I might buy if on a budget (at that price) but def wouldn't switch long-term.

What would you suggest at a decent price point for long term use? Haven't taken protein supps on the reg in years.

What would you suggest at a decent price point for long term use? Haven't taken protein supps on the reg in years.

I buy whey protein concentrate in bulk off Amazon @ $0.70 a serving (scoop). I buy my gainer shakes the same way; they end up being about $2.64/serving. I may only buy other places when sales prices beat those benchmarks.

that's also a bit expensive.
if you have the money tho get any type of hydrolized whey
This is not necessarily true. Whey protein hydrolysate (WPH) does indeed absorb faster, but having a protein source absorb faster can actually be a negative if it's being used post-workout. A slower-digesting type (either isolate or concentrate) or a blend would be better. You don't want your protein to be absorbed too fast post-WO since the muscle building process doesn't occur simultaneously.

This is basically the reason why most people that take casein take if before bed (bc of the speed of digestion vs. whey).

If using WPH right before the gym to prevent training in a fasted state, then that's kind of a different story.

Currently running this program. I'm sweating like a mother****er. ****s fun though.

Back
Top Bottom