STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Subjective activities are concerned with form. There’s value in doing things and then having the look right, but it is more important to simply get things done. Reggie Miller had horrible form on his jumper, but his shots still went in. Since everyone’s neutral is different, subjective observations in regard to form do not matter in regard to athleticism, and the success of such pursuits.

$70 hypervolt knockoff from ebay came in yesterday. charged it up and got a chance to use it last night and it’s pretty good. has 3 speed settings. compared to my theragun G2Pro it’s not as strong but it makes up for it by being waaaaaay quieter. i can actually use it without my dogs going ape ****

AB4F6FBD-84B6-4349-8AAB-C1C76E91CDCE.jpeg

D0A2DE3F-3C3C-460C-88AA-1B46997F55C4.jpeg

Will a ebay coupon work on this?

going back tonight after two weeks off ( flu and fever : timed it perfectly to avoid New years resolutioners month) ...Y'all go heavy on first day back or less weight more reps?

441 Squat PR with the help of a new technique I learned. My competition best was 424 in December. I’ll find the #squatkey video and post here.
Before this I hit 421, 405, 385.

edit*
Dude touched the bar but the first thing he said when I racked the weight was “I touched the bar but didn’t put any force into it” :ohwell:

wish ppl would just grab the bar only if I failed

Last edited:

#squatkeys #🔑

here’s the technique I added and it literally makes the weights feel so light.
Some things I noticed:

-you need good shoulder mobility to get your arms in a perpendicular/vertical position to drive the arms/elbows upward

-you’re not letting the weight rest on your back. You’re using your arms to take the load off your back/lower body. You’re driving the bar up with your arms as soon as you get into position.

-use elbow drive during the descent and the ascent of the squat.

-wear wrist wraps to help prevent wrist injury

-brace your abs throughout the entirety of the lift

Mind blown on elbow drive. Never would have even thought of that. Can't wait try it, later this week since I squatted yesterday.

Switched to flat shoes for a bit and working on beltless squats. Not feeling as weak as I thought the switch would make me.

Warmups / Mobility routine

Squats:
1 x 1 x 335
2 x 3 x 305
2 x 7 x 240

Paused Squats, Deficit DL, Leg Extensions, and weighted Ab Work

remember i was tellin yall bout them blue light blocker glasses. seems like a lot of the top fitness people learned about them and now promoting. ive had mine for about 3 weeks now. and theyre great.

#squatkeys #🔑

here’s the technique I added and it literally makes the weights feel so light.
Some things I noticed:

-you need good shoulder mobility to get your arms in a perpendicular/vertical position to drive the arms/elbows upward

-you’re not letting the weight rest on your back. You’re using your arms to take the load off your back/lower body. You’re driving the bar up with your arms as soon as you get into position.

-use elbow drive during the descent and the ascent of the squat.

-wear wrist wraps to help prevent wrist injury

-brace your abs throughout the entirety of the lift

Dudes wrist is cocked all the way back tho

That cant be good

Pretty sure you just have to let the doc know you use screens a lot during your eye exam. That can be a part of your eyeglass prescription

Subjective activities are concerned with form. There’s value in doing things and then having the look right, but it is more important to simply get things done. Reggie Miller had horrible form on his jumper, but his shots still went in. Since everyone’s neutral is different, subjective observations in regard to form do not matter in regard to athleticism, and the success of such pursuits.

Subjective activities? Wtf are you talking about, lifting weights couldn't be more objective, you literally lift it or you don't. How you shoot a basketball vs proper lifting form aren't even in the same zip code in terms of comparison, if you don't shoot correctly you'll miss possibly, if you don't lift a weight correctly you can injure yourself. When it comes to any lift, especially the big 3, there are certain things about proper form that apply to everyone. The bench is the least natural movement of all lifts so keeping proper form is really key to being successful at it and 9 times out of 10 these football players have horrible form, i.e. bouncing the weight, butt coming up, not tucking your elbows or using your lats, I can go on and on. You cant say someone can have bad form and it be ok because they are training for sports, thats not how the body works.

Subjective activities? Wtf are you talking about, lifting weights couldn't be more objective, you literally lift it or you don't. How you shoot a basketball vs proper lifting form aren't even in the same zip code in terms of comparison, if you don't shoot correctly you'll miss possibly, if you don't lift a weight correctly you can injure yourself. When it comes to any lift, especially the big 3, there are certain things about proper form that apply to everyone. The bench is the least natural movement of all lifts so keeping proper form is really key to being successful at it and 9 times out of 10 these football players have horrible form, i.e. bouncing the weight, butt coming up, not tucking your elbows or using your lats, I can go on and on. You cant say someone can have bad form and it be ok because they are training for sports, thats not how the body works.
You are only speaking from a powerlifting perspective, not one from a functional nor athletic perspective.
There are many reasons why you are wrong in regard to this, and its mainly because of postural differences. Case in point, there are many powerlifters who laud the usage of a rounded back dead lift. Some can get away with doing it, and there are many who do not consider that to be improper form. The rest of the population that are not able to maintain their neutral in this sort of lift, may need to use a more traditional, stricter form in order to perform the movement. For many, even the more strict form will be contraindicated to their condition, then using a sumo stance, or lifting from a fixed position. Those who cannot do this, may need to find another exercise in order to hit the targeted areas. So the discussion of subjectivity is appropriate because what is safe for you? May not be safe for someone else that has skeletal limitations.

In regard to professional athletes and your perspective on form, athletes like football players are taught to utilize MOMENTUM. Using the weight of the body to thrust, and then create force against a moving object such as opponent. Utilizing strict powerlifting form would be CONTRAINDICATED to the athlete and what he is trying to do on the field, because you are not doing just ONE rep against a force that is coming at you with EQUAL force. That is the reason what you call bad form, works for said athlete.

Your lifting training methods would leave them stiff, inflexible, slow, only being able to move in one direction efficiently.

Yeah because everyone that squats, benches and deadlifts are slow :lol:

Im not taking the time to read or respond to you anymore, you won't even back your claims up if I pay you so you are exiled from the thread.

Yeah because everyone that squats, benches and deadlifts are slow :lol:

Im not taking the time to read or respond to you anymore, you won't even back your claims up if I pay you so you are exiled from the thread.
I have posted info from my time with the Houston Texans, a full manual. You seem to not have a full grasp of what physiology is, and how it works. Your bro science will only keep you admired by impressionable people.

I feel sorry for them.

Back
Top Bottom