STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

1549A187-341A-4889-8084-985A3ED9E54C.jpeg

threw this shirt on to the gym cause I know Kobe had this mentality. Ish was one of the hardest workout today simply cause I’m fatigued. Still hit all the numbers today.

squats: 325 5x6
Bench: 235 5x6
Deadlift: 413 5x3

Last edited:
Any of you do the hook grip? Want to learn it but **** looks painful. :lol:

Yes, it is until you get used to it. Even then it still hurts a little.

20200128_174648.jpg
Last time I DLed was Friday and I've already scrubbed my hands with a pumice stone. I don't think my hands will ever not have calluses.

Never used tape. Just made sure I chalked my thumb all the way around.

Last edited:
Think of hook grip as less of a grip and more of a cradle. You don't actually want to actually squeeze it. The point of the hook grip is to eliminate the need for a squeezey grip.

Once you take this approach is shouldn't hurt. Though i would suggest wrapping the thumb or getting little thumb sleeves.

tape helps with the grip on the thumb, also keeps it from getting torn up if you have a bar with rough knurling.

self stick tape is cheap and flexible, it won’t anaconda squeeze your thumb

Saw some past post about a massage gun.
Not into paying hypervolt prices but some amazon ones are ~$150

which are y’all going with and had a good experience with? Notice someone mentioned an alibaba one previously.

Saw some past post about a massage gun.
Not into paying hypervolt prices but some amazon ones are ~$150

which are y’all going with and had a good experience with? Notice someone mentioned an alibaba one previously.
Yeah, got mine from AliExpress for ~$50 shipped. Shipping is a bit slow. Never used a Hypervolt but I'm sure they are comparable in performance.

I got a hypervolt knock off from ebay for $70, got it in two days. I used to have a theragun and that thing was crazy loud. the knock off isnt as strong but works well, especially for the price

Checked aliexpress and just seeing the options. Thinking (tbh their probably the same exact thing lol)

1) 5.0 stars 217 purchases ~$50 https://m.aliexpress.com/item/40003...er_id=443bfa0b8d8044c2b1365f60a76aacc9&is_c=Y

or

2) 4.9 stars 6991 purchases ~50

best brand now days for:
creatine monohydrate?
BCAA?
Fish Oil?
Multi Vitamins?

GNC has a buy one get one 50% off deal right now but havenʻt heard about their products lately
Kaged Muscle.
JYM is good quality but way too expensive.
Red Con makes good stuff too

Tried hook grip today and I definitely see why people do it, especially for sumo. Used it for my sets up until 315, after that thumb was too sore so had to switch back to mixed grip but going to keep at it until I can use it for max loads.

Back
Top Bottom