STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

AFED6385-0691-4697-87DA-9A852242505D.gif
lol why not. most gyms require mask. why not have it attached

Seems unnecessarily hot and uncomfortable.

We lifting in hoodies but can't wear shorts longer than 5" long though, huh?
1597510801634.png
i almost never wear shorts on the gym to be honest. maybe once or twice a month. on cardio days
ither tha. that in sweats/joggers. and long sleeve or hoodie anyway

Anybody ever strain their rhomboids? Been training oly stuff 6 days a week since this whole thing started probably just fried. What did that feel like for you?

Felt like someone ripped a page out of a book in a back. Been stiff for a few days But can still do my thing.

How long it take y’all to heal up?

Anybody ever strain their rhomboids? Been training oly stuff 6 days a week since this whole thing started probably just fried. What did that feel like for you?

Felt like someone ripped a page out of a book in a back. Been stiff for a few days But can still do my thing.

Once. Don't remember what I did to strain them.

Didn't keep me out of the gym, no known lasting effects, etc. Did not take long to recover.

oly will fry your mid back quick. hit some myofascial release techniques with a lacrosse ball or massager, hydrate and rest up

lol why not. most gyms require mask. why not have it attached
I mean, if you just want the look of the mask. Going to look like a lame, but I guess.

Odds are the built in mask is the equivalent to a gaiter and completely ineffective at actually protecting you from the virus.

I mean, if you just want the look of the mask. Going to look like a lame, but I guess.

Odds are the built in mask is the equivalent to a gaiter and completely ineffective at actually protecting you from the virus.

Love to rock a gaiter at the j.o.b. but it seems like these days may be coming to an end.

Don't like the idea of working out in a cotton mask and I can't imagine trying to lift in an N95.

Main gym only requires a mask in the entryway and hallways so, eh.

I’ve been using an N95 and it sucks. Once I start sweating, it gets nasty. Today I actually swapped masks in the middle of my workout.

"look like a lame"
lmao im an old man and father.
my days of going to the gym with matching gym attire and latest workout shoes are over. last thing im worried about is how i look while squating 405
lol just spent this entire quarantine telling yall how i work out in underwear no shirt and barefooted in my home gym in all my dad bod glory

eeffectivenes of the mask. 90% of the mask people been wearing in general are technically ineffective
my gym only requires mask outside of the equipment area. so....yea..

Last edited:
"look like a lame"
my days of going to the gym with matching gym attire and latest workout shoes are over. last thing im worried about is how i look while squating 405
lol just spent this entire quarantine telling yall how i work out in underwear no shirt and barefooted in my home gym in all my dad bod glory

eeffectivenes of the mask. 90% of the mask people been wearing in general are technically ineffective
About that... CDC just released new mask guidance, advising against valves? Sounds like a personal problem. Already order a replacement but it’s the principle. https://www.foxnews.com/health/coronavirus-face-mask-vent-valve-cdc?cmpid=prn_newsstand

"look like a lame"

As somebody who always lifted in sweats, I also am not a fan of the fitness apparel crowd. They are some hardcore dorks that rarely lift anything of significance or technically well.

Point being, the hoody mask combo is a fashion nova take on the gym shark stuff.

Truthfully, my only concern is your safety as that mask would do nothing. However, based on your comments your gym doesn’t give a **** about your health or safety. Just do you, man.

About that... CDC just released new mask guidance, advising against valves? Sounds like a personal problem. Already order a replacement but it’s the principle. https://www.foxnews.com/health/coronavirus-face-mask-vent-valve-cdc?cmpid=prn_newsstand
this was what im talking about. everyday something new. no one knows whats going on anymore. no one has the right mask. no one is washing their hands with the right soap.
so at this point hands up.

As somebody who always lifted in sweats, I also am not a fan of the fitness apparel crowd. They are some hardcore dorks that rarely lift anything of significance or technically well.

Point being, the hoody mask combo is a fashion nova take on the gym shark stuff.

Truthfully, my only concern is your safety as that mask would do nothing. However, based on your comments your gym doesn’t give a **** about your health or safety. Just do you, man.
I've already tested positive for COVID and was Asymptomatic, so to be quite honest the mask are for others to feel safe.
at best i'll always be asymptomatic.
at worst i have 3 months of antibodies (according to the CDC)

Last edited:
The valve masks have been a no-go at the hospital I work in. Can't even enter the door with one of those on.
1597663423475.png

The guidance changes I'm used to and are to be expected considering the novel nature of rona, so all the juelzing back and forth doesn't phase me.

As for the fashion ****, I'm not really one to talk. I always leave the house for the gym making sure my colors match (only ever clash intentionally with the shoes). :smh:

I prefer to spend gym money on equipment and shoes vs clothes that will just get ripped/sweated in anyways.

I always laugh inside when I see a dude or dudette in a $100+ outfit go and borrow a $20 beat-*** gym-owned belt, but that may be because I know a cat that blew out his back when a gym belt broke when he was mid-squat. :sick:

I only personally know one or two dudes that be on that Gym Shark-type wave and actually put up numbers. Everybody else I see dressed like that 'looks like Tarzan, lifts like Jane'.

Some folks would rather have a $10 outfit with a 10 cent lift I guess.
1597663555871.png

Back
Top Bottom