Steinbrenners in talks to sell Yanks to Dolans (Cablevision owners)

When Hank and Hal Steinbrenner took over control of the Yanks from their ailing father George, many fans feared the the family would try to cash in on their billion-dollar asset. Although Yankee fans knew the destructive tendencies wrought by King George during his team, they also came to love George’s singular focus on winning and knew that any other potential ownership group brought with it fears of a heavy hand and bad baseball minds.
Today, Sports Business Journal confirms what we were dreading. According to sports industry trade, the Steinbrenners are in talks with the Dolan family concerning the Yanks. Although neither side would confirm the talks, a source close to the Yanks told SBJ staff writer Eric Fisher that a deal could be reached before the All Star Break. At that point, the other owners would have to vote to approve the deal.

“Ever since Hal and Hank were appointed co-chairs of the team,

THIS ##*$ BETTER NOW HAPPEN, I REPEAT, THIS ##*$ BETTER NOT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!

I dont see the Yanks performing like the Rangers and Knicks at any point, but come on Steinbrenner kids you +@$%%
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Can you imagine the Yankees without the Steinbrenners?
ohwell.gif

Please no!!!! George is widely considered an a-hole, but to me he was one of the best owners in sports, period.  He was always committed to winning.  He had the money, and had no problem writing that check to bring in the best talent money could buy, and couldnt care less what somebody had to say about it.  What more could a fan ask for?  I would hate to see my Yankees start looking like the Knicks.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Man E

When Hank and Hal Steinbrenner took over control of the Yanks from their ailing father George, many fans feared the the family would try to cash in on their billion-dollar asset. Although Yankee fans knew the destructive tendencies wrought by King George during his team, they also came to love George’s singular focus on winning and knew that any other potential ownership group brought with it fears of a heavy hand and bad baseball minds.
Today, Sports Business Journal confirms what we were dreading. According to sports industry trade, the Steinbrenners are in talks with the Dolan family concerning the Yanks. Although neither side would confirm the talks, a source close to the Yanks told SBJ staff writer Eric Fisher that a deal could be reached before the All Star Break. At that point, the other owners would have to vote to approve the deal.

“Ever since Hal and Hank were appointed co-chairs of the team,

Back
Top Bottom