Steve Nash. The Benjamin Button of the NBA.

There's some stupid statements made in this thread
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

i coulda sworn andre miller scored 52 on the mavericks, who was guarding him? had to be jason kidd.

andre woulda dropped 82 on nash if nash was guarding him that night
right...
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

Let me know when he learns how to rebound and play defense like Jason Kidd.

Let me know when Kidd's shooting %'s aren't atrocious.
Shooting percentages don't mean anything when you're a point guard.

.................................................................what?

They don't mean ANYTHING?

Stop that.

.................................................................what?

They don't mean ANYTHING?

Stop that.

sick.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Nash not ever making the finals is NOT his fault. I wish folks would stop throwing baseless statements out there as if it is ONE player's fault for his TEAM no succeeding. Not even a valid argument.

yea. it was because Boris Diaw and Amare got abused by Tim Duncan, but Tony Parker blowing by him whenever he felt like it is Nash's fault. Parker and Duncan in the paint destroyed Nash and Amare, but this is the first time in a long time that Nash might be playing better than Parker.

i coulda sworn andre miller scored 52 on the mavericks, who was guarding him? had to be jason kidd.
That's a hell of a feat against an old man like Kidd.

In their primes I'm taking:

Payton
Kidd
Stockton

before Nash and I'd take Derron Williams and Chris Paul before him as well. Y'all overrate Nash.

23js853.jpg

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

andre woulda dropped 82 on nash if nash was guarding him that night

we will see in the playoffs but i highly doubt it, doubt he will even get 20

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

40+% from three is astrocious?

No, Kidd's actually been great from 3 pt range lately, but over their careers Nash shoots 3% higher from 3 than Kidd shoots from the field.

FG %'s don't mean anything when you're a PG, though.

LOL @ "astrocious".

This is hilarious.

PG's job isn't to score it's to distribute the ball. I could careless what my point guard does from the field as he creates opportunities for other players. Assist to turnover ration is much more important for a point guard than shooting percentages.

PG's job isn't to score it's to distribute the ball. I could careless what my point guard does from the field as he creates opportunities for other players. Assist to turnover ration is much more important for a point guard than shooting percentages.
Dude...You are just so wrong.  And plus you were lauding Kidd's rebounding skills, something farrrrrr less important than the ability to shoot.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Dude...You are just so wrong.  And plus you were lauding Kidd's rebounding skills, something farrrrrr less important than the ability to shoot.

Thank you for saving me the time.

Dude really said shooting %'s don't mean anything when you're a PG...

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Not to mention that their career assist to turnover ratios are virtually identical. I can't wait to read what this guy comes up with next.

Nash was "Robbed aka Robert'd" in 2007 of getting to the Finals, i honestly believe.  I think they would've took Game 5 for sure and went on to beat Utah if those suspensions didn't happen. 

I love watching Nash play.... anyone who knows basketball or has played can not deny how amazing of a PG Nash is... and his 3 ball is money!!

And as we all know, Nash is a terrible ball distributor...

Kidd shot 42% from the field and 42% from 3 this season. His shooting numbers were low early on because he was able to use his speed to get to the basket. Now that he is older, he has developed a shot. I know im not breaking news here, just saying...

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Nash not ever making the finals is NOT his fault. I wish folks would stop throwing baseless statements out there as if it is ONE player's fault for his TEAM no succeeding. Not even a valid argument.

Yes it is his fault especially when you're a 2 TIME NBA MVP
eek.gif
eek.gif

Especially when he plays no defense whatsoever. I beleive he's the only NBA MVP to never make the Finals.

Steve Nash more fun to watch but Jason Kidd is by far a better overall player.

Nash has actually had a terrible run of bad luck in the playoffs. Simmons laid it out in his article today:

I thought it was his greatest season because of the degree of difficulty: Thirty-six-year-olds shouldn't be milking their statistical primes (16.5 PPG, 11.0 APG, 51% FG, 43% 3FG, 94% FT, unprecedented numbers for a point guard his age), performing open-heart surgery on teammates (in this case, Amare) and turning fringe playoff teams into explosive contenders. As recently as this winter, Steve Nash probably thought his Finals chances had come and gone, remembered the bad breaks in 2005 (Joe Johnson's broken face), 2006 (Amare's knee), 2007 (the suspensions) and 2008 (Duncan's 3), then said to himself, "I wish I could press the RESET button and get one more chance." Consider it pressed.

The suspensions were especially terrible. That was on the Mavs v. Wade level of ridiculousness. Duncan's 3 the year after was crazy. I remember the announcer saying something about how that was his first 3 all season.

Back
Top Bottom