StockX Removes Claims that Sneakers are Authentic Vol. Y’all still copping?

It means exactly what it says.

Person A wants a pair of Travis Scott 1's, they strike out like the vast majority of people. Shoe then resell for 1k+

Person A has $180 to spend on the shoe but they don't have a rack. So they buy the fake.
… sounds like Person A wants fakes then. Lol tf

You should operate like there's a chance of getting fakes anywhere from your local consignment to GOAT

It's the risk you take not getting from a retail store.
Yeah, if you’re not getting directly from retail, assume that it can be fakes. Do your own DD and inspect the shoes yourself.

Yeah, if you’re not getting directly from retail, assume that it can be fakes. Do your own DD and inspect the shoes yourself.
The way yall say it implies that all resale places are unreliable. That’s misleading. Authenticating sneakers is a reliable service for the most part. If people can legit check a damn pokemon card in seconds, people can also legit check a sneaker.

The way yall say it implies that all resale places are unreliable. That’s misleading. Authenticating sneakers is a reliable service for the most part. If people can legit check a damn pokemon card in seconds, people can also legit check a sneaker.
No, but there is a possibility. If you had a business and you know there are some who use counterfeit money, you know the vast bulk of people aren't using it, but there is a percentage, so you still have to inspect the money. Apply the same logic with these resale companies. Hell, they are here stealing people's shoes.

If Goat and StockX can pass a fake off on you and you wouldn’t know. Trust they’d try it. But in my experiences they’ve been legit but heard some stories were fakes slip thru but I don’t think maliciously. Some people send good fakes on purpose trying to see if they sneak thru.

Last edited:
If Goat and StockX can pass a fake off on you and you wouldn’t know. Trust they’d try it. But I’m my experiences they’ve been legit but heard some stories were fakes slip thru but I don’t think maliciously. Some people send good fakes on purpose trying to see if they sneak thru.

Not just sneakers either

No, but there is a possibility. If you had a business and you know there are some who use counterfeit money, you know the vast bulk of people aren't using it, but there is a percentage, so you still have to inspect the money.

I don’t think you need to become an authentication expert on counterfeit bills just to buy some stuff at the gas station

Reread what I wrote cause you response indicates that you don’t understand what I said
You gave an example of a business that sometimes gets counterfeit bills. A gas station is that type of business. Most people who buy stuff from gas stations don’t closely inspect the bills they get from it. And most of them are fine because the gas station employees/technology detects fake bills way better than they can.

It's the risk you take not getting from a retail store.

Some scammers buy from retail and turn around return fakes.

More common with luxury/designer stuff and big box/department stores but yeah.

Even with electronics like external hard drives...buy one remove the drive and replace with a smaller or broken one then return it. Similar to that graphics card video

You gave an example of a business that sometimes gets counterfeit bills. A gas station is that type of business. Most people who buy stuff from gas stations don’t closely inspect the bills they get from it. And most of them are fine because the gas station employees/technology detects fake bills way better than they can.
You still don't get it cause in the scenario provided, I said as the buyer put yourself in the place of the business owner who is inspecting bills that customers may slip in. Go back and reread.

You still don't get it cause in the scenario provided, I said as the buyer put yourself in the place of the business owner who is inspecting bills that customers may slip in. Go back and reread.

Lol bro I’m not applying to become a Stockx/GOAT authenticator so how tf does that apply lmao. I’m the customer at the gas station, I buy a candy bar with a $50 bill and I don’t get suspicious of the change they give back

Lol bro I’m not applying to become a Stockx/GOAT authenticator so how tf does that apply lmao. I’m the customer at the gas station, I buy a candy bar with a $50 bill and I don’t get suspicious of the change they give back
You still don't understand, so lets just leave it at that. :lol:

vibe makes quality looking pairs but theyre not custom so they're fake. some folks dont mind however. 1985 fake 1s go for a lot of money so i get it

wait so stockx is risky? do they make fake versions of every shoe now? lebron 8 south beach?

It’s really not complicated. Simple question, were you ever able to buy the shoes out of the store? No? Then you already know what the shoes are.

Back
Top Bottom