StockX Removes Claims that Sneakers are Authentic Vol. Y’all still copping?

We are on a Sneaker message board.

It's definitely that serious for people's who's identity/life is based around materialism/elitism.

Nike is the reason reps and sites like Stockx exist in their current form. They're Hydra.

Dude so blinded by the swoosh can't tell the difference between making fun of a situation vs actively supporting it.

That’s a sad existence lol. Don’t get me wrong I like my shoes and I feel great getting fresh and getting new pairs it’s a hobby.

But if I lost every single shoe in my closet I’d be fine.

We are on a Sneaker message board.

It's definitely that serious for people's who's identity/life is based around materialism/elitism.

Nike is the reason reps and sites like Stockx exist in their current form. They're Hydra.

Dude so blinded by the swoosh can't tell the difference between making fun of a situation vs actively supporting it.

Nike isn't the reason. Capitalism is. Anything people can make money off of, a knock off is made. From Apple Air Pods to LV belts.

8B8B768A-8A84-4C3F-9AD6-7D9E9104EDF1.jpeg
🇨🇳 🇨🇳 🇨🇳 🇨🇳 🇨🇳 🇨🇳 🇨🇳

Nike isn't the reason. Capitalism is. Anything people can make money off of, a knock off is made. From Apple Air Pods to LV belts.
Yes, but specifically it’s desperate *** broke *** corny *** mfs who's identity/life is based around materialism/elitism. That’s the reason fakes exist.

Capitalism is the reason Nike does what they do :lol:

Re read what I said. Fakes have always existed but NOT IN THIS CURRENT FORM same with reselling.

The whole point of buying fake stuff is because it's significantly cheaper. Now that's not always the case.

Nike creating fake hype and scarcity fueled the resell and fake/rep market to what it is today. And they started marketing primarily to kids/younger people. Now instead of certain shoes being hard to get white AF1s are being resold and some Barkley's sellout quickly.

Nike creating fake hype and scarcity fueled the resell and fake/rep market to what it is today.

This is like saying LV/Gucci/Balenciaga fueled their replica market by charging hundreds of $ for a jacket that cost like $20 to make. Don’t blame the brand for wanting their products to be exclusive, whether thru high prices or low quantities. Blame the corny *** poser who's identity/life is based around materialism/elitism so much that they go out their way to buy illegal fake sh*t.

Now instead of certain shoes being hard to get white AF1s are being resold and some Barkley's sellout quickly.

White AF1s are everywhere lol they produce those constantly. Even on resale sites, they’re selling at retail on Stockx so Idk what you’re even trying to say lmao

Capitalism is the reason Nike does what they do :lol:

Re read what I said. Fakes have always existed but NOT IN THIS CURRENT FORM same with reselling.

The whole point of buying fake stuff is because it's significantly cheaper. Now that's not always the case.

Nike creating fake hype and scarcity fueled the resell and fake/rep market to what it is today. And they started marketing primarily to kids/younger people. Now instead of certain shoes being hard to get white AF1s are being resold and some Barkley's sellout quickly.

The funny thing is the reps aren't even THAT much cheaper from retail.

I don't really like the comparison vs high fashion brands. Most of their stuff IS available. I can go on their site and buy it and not fight against bots and all that bull****.

I don't really like the comparison vs high fashion brands. Most of their stuff IS available
The exclusive Js you want are also available to buy right now. You just have to pay the market price, not the SNKRS lottery price.

I’m sorry but if you think $170 is the price Off White 1s is “supposed to be” then you really don’t understand this market at all lol

The funny thing is the reps aren't even THAT much cheaper from retail.

I don't really like the comparison vs high fashion brands. Most of their stuff IS available. I can go on their site and buy it and not fight against bots and all that bull****.

It's not a comparison certain people just like to disagree and argue. Even contradicting themselves in the process

Even Nike IDs "sell out" now.

Kobe should be readily available at for anyone who wants them but Nike decided to not mass produce them....because of capitalism. Kobe should have had a lifetime deal before he retired.

Honestly blaming the consumer for the existence of fake products is a pretty low level take.

Honestly blaming the consumer for the existence of fake products is a pretty low level take.
Eh if there is a demand for something, then their will be someone willing to fill their order. If the consumer wants fakes, then people will make and sell them. Now if the consumer says I'm not messing with any fakes, then their would be significantly less on the market. But you got articles on people saying they prefer fakes etc.

Eh if there is a demand for something, then their will be someone willing to fill their order. If the consumer wants fakes, then people will make and sell them.

Consumers don't want fakes. They want the real thing. If people wanted fakes they wouldn't be trying to fix flaws, find the best batch etc.

However they don't want to or can't afford to spend the resell price for the shoes they want. Look at those L&F's from this past weekend it was "supposedly" 500k pairs and the shoe is still reselling for double it's retail price. That's not meeting demand.

Nike wants shoes to sell out and resell, they want the hype train to continue. They can meet demand as well they choose which shoes they keep producing and which ones they don't.

Just keep in mind, way wayyyyy back in the early 2000s, some people wanted fugazi colorways in Air Jordans. "Exclusive" and "custom" cw you never seen before. If people have such high demand and cannot get the real thing, they will resort to buying fakes. Even moms who want that designer Louie admit to buying cheaper knockoffs at Canal street or somewhere similar. Some even boast why pay full price for the real thing if I can LOOK like I'm wearing the real expensive thing. It's unbelievable. Theres a market for that fake crap, just like theres a resell market for hopefully 100% authentic items.

Consumers don't want fakes. They want the real thing. If people wanted fakes they wouldn't be trying to fix flaws, find the best batch etc.

However they don't want to or can't afford to spend the resell price for the shoes they want. Look at those L&F's from this past weekend it was "supposedly" 500k pairs and the shoe is still reselling for double it's retail price. That's not meeting demand.

Nike wants shoes to sell out and resell, they want the hype train to continue. They can meet demand as well they choose which shoes they keep producing and which ones they don't.
This is a half truth. Consumers don't necessarily always want the real thing. They want the look. Which is why alternatives are also taking away from Nikes profit shares. Other brands have risen up since Nike been playing that game. And the alternatives(fakes) in this case are selling. People aren't just buying fake nikes, they are buying fake designer clothing as well. And it's not just people who can't afford it, the wealthy are doing it too. See below for example

The Rich New York Women Who Love Their Fake Birkins​

Among a certain set, counterfeit luxury bags may be more popular than the real thing.​

By Sangeeta Singh-Kurtz

Who are the Rep-Ladies, the rich women of New York on the hunt for fake Birkins​

When buying a fake bag becomes an obsession​

Is flightclub reliable? I’ve been out of the shoe game a long time

Bro wtf does this even mean. People look for the best batch not because they think the best batch is authentic. It’s because the best batch is the best at deceiving others into thinking it’s real. Because for these people it’s only about the look. If someone truly doesn’t want fakes… then they won’t go and buy fakes on purpose.. simple as that

Chicks are actually worse than dudes at this whole “rep” market. I’m pretty sure the fake bags easily surpass the fake shoe market. This debate actually sounds like that old Air Randy thread. But come on they’re technically fakes/knockoffs/etc don’t kid yourself.

Just keep in mind, way wayyyyy back in the early 2000s, some people wanted fugazi colorways in Air Jordans. "Exclusive" and "custom" cw you never seen before. If people have such high demand and cannot get the real thing, they will resort to buying fakes. Even moms who want that designer Louie admit to buying cheaper knockoffs at Canal street or somewhere similar. Some even boast why pay full price for the real thing if I can LOOK like I'm wearing the real expensive thing. It's unbelievable. Theres a market for that fake crap, just like theres a resell market for hopefully 100% authentic items.

them spongebob dubzeros were fire

Bro wtf does this even mean. People look for the best batch not because they think the best batch is authentic. It’s because the best batch is the best at deceiving others into thinking it’s real. Because for these people it’s only about the look. If someone truly doesn’t want fakes… then they won’t go and buy fakes on purpose.. simple as that

It means exactly what it says.

Person A wants a pair of Travis Scott 1's, they strike out like the vast majority of people. Shoe then resell for 1k+

Person A has $180 to spend on the shoe but they don't have a rack. So they buy the fake.

Back
Top Bottom