STOLEN KNOWLEDGE...Paying it forward..volume click if you got a @%**

Got this from another forum I check out time to time...good advice for guys, and girls too.  Though girls already live too much in the moment imo and need more logic haha.

I want to share some bits of info I got from The best movie on Inner Confidence I've seen so far . . . The Peaceful Warrior.

I'm going to post some quotes from the movie and write my interpretation.
Hopeful you'll find as many inner game gems as I did . . .

Socrates: People are not theirs thoughts, they think they are, and it brings them all kinds of sadness.

This traces right back to The Power of Now. Many people identify with their thoughts because they think they are their mind. Little do they now that . .Socrates: The mind is a reflex organ

Put it this way, when you are born- your mind is empty and startspicking up things from society. Things that are put out into societyare that to maintain the status quo. Work hard, people have highervalue then others, etc.

Socrates: You can live your whole life without being awake.
When people identify so intensely with how they have been conditionedby society, they are rarely in the moment or "awake." When you aretotally in the moment, pure consciousness without any outcomes in mind-you are truely awake.

Socrates: Where are you?
Dan Millman: Here.
Socrates: What time is it?
Dan Millman: Now.
Socrates: What are you?
Dan Millman: This moment.

This is where all magic happens, Here. Now. This moment. If your in the moment, you are your most alert and most joyful.

Dan Millman: The journey is what brings us happiness not the destination

If your always looking towards something, your never appreciating rightnow. You could die before you get there, then your whole life would bespent in preparation and you missed out on all the amazing things thathappen every moment.

Dan Millman: The ones who are hardest to love are usually the ones who need it the most.

Insecure people tend to be !++!#*!!. They put others down to makethemselves feel better because deep down they feel they aren't worthy.These are the ones who need love the most.

Socrates: A warrior is not about perfection or victory orinvulnerability. He's about absolute vulnerability. Thats true courage

When you are absolutely vulnerable, you are hiding nothing. This is oneof the things that takes the most courage do because it allows us to befully judged, rejected and disliked. But usually when you are fullyopen the opposite happens, and people will gravitate towards you. Theworld tends to be very counter-intuitive.

Socrates: Everyone wants to tell you what to do and what's good foryou. They don't want you to find your own answers, they want you tobelieve theirs.
Dan Millman: Let me guess, and you want me to believe yours.
Socrates: No, I want you to stop gathering information from the outside and start gathering it from the inside.

We know all our answers deep down, we are just scared to look at ourinsecurities that we have buried deep inside. Release, let go and theanswers will find you.

Dan Millman: Life has just three rules?
Socrates: And you already know them...
Dan Millman: Paradox, humour, and change.
Socrates: Paradox...
Dan Millman: Life is a mystery. Don't waste time trying to figure it out.
Socrates: Humour...
Dan Millman: Keep a sense of humour, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure.
Socrates: Change...
Dan Millman: Know that nothing stays the same.

Every second line explains the previous one.

Socrates: You Practice gymnastics, I practice everything
Socrates: When you become a warrior, you mediate in every action.

I put these together because they are one in the same. When you aretotally in the moment, you are practicing and mediating in every actioninstead of just waiting for the next. True bliss can only beexperienced in the moment.

Socrates: There are no betters, only equals

How can you judge one person better than another. We all have differenthardwiring and DNA, we all have different upbringings, different jobs,different hobbies, different lifestyles, whose to say one is betterthan another. Deep down we are all just consciousness. Everything isinterconnected. . . Oneness.

Socrates: There's no greater purpose than service to others.

Say you train your whole life to be world champion of boxing. You spendhours in the gym, running, sparring, fights then you get to that matchand you win. Your world champ & your ecstatic. But then, all of asudden its over. A year later there a new world champ and your back inthe gym. This is what most guys think is the top but they forget to seethe forest through the trees. Helping others obtain their goals andlifting their levels of happiness can be even more rewarding.

Socrates: There are no ordinary moments

Stop reading right now. Take a couple deep breathes. Feel the air as itfills you lungs. Listen to the sounds around you. Look at all thethings around you. Is there any scent in the air. Observe the sensationin your body as you are living. Its amazing, there are no ordinarymoments if you are fully conscious.

Socrates: Death isn't sad. The sad thing is: most people don't live at all.

Many people go through life so in the heads that they forget to stopand smell the roses, and observe the how wonderful it is to be alive.They get scared at the thought of approaching a beautiful girl and hidefrom the world in their apartments most of the days, instead of gettingthose amazing rushes of ecstasy and happiness the world as to offersuch as: vibing with an amazing person, jumping out of a plane, surfing, cuddling with a little precious honeyon a rainy day. Life is so amazing when you live in the moment.Remember: you are not your thoughts, live your life regardless of whatyour mind may tell you.

Let everything go, Release the brakes, Do what you want to do, LIVE YOUR LIFE!

Wow That's Deep Right There..
pimp.gif

Definitely enjoy the Socratic Method.

Paradox, Humor, and Change. I'm taking that to heart, And co-sign with those feeling super insecure are the ones needing love because when we all reach that point, sometimes we just don't care and that's when we need it the most (not to be simping).

Dan Millman: Life has just three rules?
Socrates: And you already know them...
Dan Millman: Paradox, humour, and change.
Socrates: Paradox...
Dan Millman: Life is a mystery. Don't waste time trying to figure it out.
Socrates: Humour...
Dan Millman: Keep a sense of humour, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure.
Socrates: Change...
Dan Millman: Know that nothing stays the same.

this stood out to me the most, great stuff

wow..... its crazy how EVERYTHING you spoke on applies directly to me. I want to change a lot of things in my life right now and b/c of that i have kinda cut my self off from the world, friends and some family. Im currently only doings things that will help me acheive the change that I want, cant remember that last time I had fun....

im taking all of this to heart. I gotta start living..... starting to feel like there was a reason I clicked this post

where else can i read up on these "philosophies"?    

Again...not my words but some stolen knowledge from another source/forum. I am in a new country (South Korea) and feel like I am acting the same way, just in a different place. Personally, after reading this my recommendation is not more books...because really the message is that INSIDE we already know what to do. Just try and live in the moment and practice that feeling. Good luck everyone

Originally Posted by classified

i'm actually reading The Power of Now, right now. Very insightful book.
Dope book. A New Earth is something I'm going to be reading in the near future.
I've been practicing living in the moment and meditation for some time now. It truly makes a difference in your life. I suggest anybody struggling or just anybody in general to read The Power of Now.

Originally Posted by Sundizzle

Again...not my words but some stolen knowledge from another source/forum. I am in a new country (South Korea) and feel like I am acting the same way, just in a different place. Personally, after reading this my recommendation is not more books...because really the message is that INSIDE we already know what to do. Just try and live in the moment and practice that feeling. Good luck everyone
QFT. You can read all you want, and understand or believe in what you are reading, but until you implement and practice it daily, its not going to help. Knowledge is only half the battle.
A coworker of mine compared this general line of thinking/meditation to riding a horse.  You have to "climb on the horse" every day to practice. At first you may only feel like you're "riding the horse" for a few seconds at a time, but daily practice will extend that.

Back
Top Bottom