Strange Comparison Between NFL and NBA

ccb302

Banned
I just thought of this strange comparison between the two. I was just wondering did my NT bretheren agree.
Is it safe to say the AFC=Western Conference & NFC=Eastern Conference?

AFC=Western Conference
-Dominated the new mellinium as far as championships. AFC winning 8 of the last 10 Superbowls and Western Conference with the Lakers 3-peat and the Spurs03', 05' and 07' Championships

-Some of the most dominate players the game the game has ever seen AFC: Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Ray Lewis. WC: Tim Duncan, Kobe, Dirk with the WC being thebetter conference this 2009 season. I mean it was teams in the EC making the playoffs whose record were under .500

NFC=Eastern Conference
-Dominated the 90's as far as championships with the Comboys (Emmitt ,AIkman, Irving) and 49ers (Steve and Jerry). The EC with the "JORDAN" Era.

- While both the NFC and EC consist of superstars NFC:DNabb, Larry Fitz, Adrian Peterson EC:Dwade, LeBron, Dwight Howard rarely win championships as far asthe new mellinium goes. The NFC only the Giants and Bucs have been the only NFC's teams to win a Bowl in this mellinium. EC only the Celtics, Heat, andPistons.

So do yall agree NT?? Feel free to add more comparisons

Now that I think about it, you may be on to something, or just maybe on something.

Anyway it's kind of strange that in both the NBA and NFL that the "inferior" conference (in your scenario, the NFC and Eastern Conference) haveonly won 3 titles this decade: NFL-Rams, Buccaneers, Giants. NBA-Pistons, Heat, Celtics. And the dominant conference has won the other ones: NFL- Patriots x3,Steelers x2, Colts, Ravens. NBA- Lakers x3, Spurs x3. And really two "dynasties" in the Patriots/Steelers/Lakers/Spurs have dominated this decade.Quite a coincidence.

As far as the player comparison goes, I don't know about that one, but I see where you're going.

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

Stop smokin' that bad weed, bro
indifferent.gif
i dont smoke at ALL!

Originally Posted by otuacontrol music

Hmmmm.

3 of the last 5 years, the champion in the NBA reigned from the East.

I can't smoke that witcha bro.

but im sayin thats it other that those 3 every other championship this mellinium has been WC

Shaq owned the early 2000s

It wasn't even fair 4.

Same for Duncan.

They are superstars.

When you used LeBron/Wade/D12, you narrowed your stance down to about 5 years (about how long they've been in the league). So to say the east hadsuperstars, but can't win titles is ehhhh. 3 of 5 to the East during those 3 players' reign is favoring the East.

Before then, the West had alllll the stars and the titles proved it.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

It wasn't even fair 4.

Same for Duncan.

They are superstars.

When you used LeBron/Wade/D12, you narrowed your stance down to about 5 years (about how long they've been in the league). So to say the east had superstars, but can't win titles is ehhhh. 3 of 5 to the East during those 3 players' reign is favoring the East.

let me guess, the OP hurt your feelings because he was talking about how the east has lebron but the west has championships? relax, its just aloose comparison between the NFL and NBA. dont get your bowels in an uproar.

If you run through and do the calculations, the East this year actually has more total wins than the West does... which can only imply that the east actuallyhad a better interconference record than the West.

You don't have to go through and justify that the West has a bunch of terrible teams but a whole lot of good teams, the east is really 3 great teams andthat it, blah blah blah. I know all that. Just saying that for all this talk of the West still being superior, the East actually came out ahead top to bottomagainst the West.

Originally Posted by TheBlackHole76

If you run through and do the calculations, the East this year actually has more total wins than the West does... which can only imply that the east actually had a better interconference record than the West.

You don't have to go through and justify that the West has a bunch of terrible teams but a whole lot of good teams, the east is really 3 great teams and that it, blah blah blah. I know all that. Just saying that for all this talk of the West still being superior, the East actually came out ahead top to bottom against the West.
still, if an 8th seed team on teh west is moved to the east, they automatically become a 4th seed. that ends the story of which conference isbetter.

Originally Posted by tmoney85

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

It wasn't even fair 4.

Same for Duncan.

They are superstars.

When you used LeBron/Wade/D12, you narrowed your stance down to about 5 years (about how long they've been in the league). So to say the east had superstars, but can't win titles is ehhhh. 3 of 5 to the East during those 3 players' reign is favoring the East.

let me guess

You guessed wrong.

LeBron has nothing to do with my point. So Laker fan, please leave the King out of it and try to have a constructive response.

Back
Top Bottom