Student Loan Payoff Appreciation vol. Big ups to the last time I cried thread!!!

Just like the title reads made my last student loan payment today and actually woke up crying tears of joy because it is finally over.  After working three jobs 2 part time and 1 full time, I can finally let some of that go and enjoy somethings.  First off all I need to thank God for giving me the strength to maintain 3 jobs.  The typical day would go like this :  Part time job A 5:30 to 8 a.m., then the full time 8:30 to 5p.m, then the other part time job 5:30 to 9:30, then depending on the day of the week, I would go back to part time job A if it was a truck nite.  There were many days that I wanted to quit and just make minimum payments but I stayed focused.  Also at the point I really wanted to quit I read a post that DCALLAmerican made, about how he paid his off and he said that he never wanted to live in the position where you owe somebody, that was exactly what I needed to hear at that time.  Granted I stayed at home and that helped ALOT,  which is why I do not understand why in these threads people are so ready to move out house at 18 and pickup all this debt.  Take it from me if you can stay at home do it as long as you can.

Just like the title reads made my last student loan payment today and actually woke up crying tears of joy because it is finally over.  After working three jobs 2 part time and 1 full time, I can finally let some of that go and enjoy somethings.  First off all I need to thank God for giving me the strength to maintain 3 jobs.  The typical day would go like this :  Part time job A 5:30 to 8 a.m., then the full time 8:30 to 5p.m, then the other part time job 5:30 to 9:30, then depending on the day of the week, I would go back to part time job A if it was a truck nite.  There were many days that I wanted to quit and just make minimum payments but I stayed focused.  Also at the point I really wanted to quit I read a post that DCALLAmerican made, about how he paid his off and he said that he never wanted to live in the position where you owe somebody, that was exactly what I needed to hear at that time.  Granted I stayed at home and that helped ALOT,  which is why I do not understand why in these threads people are so ready to move out house at 18 and pickup all this debt.  Take it from me if you can stay at home do it as long as you can.

pimp.gif

Congrats.

Just know that you are in the minority and that is a good thing. Instead of quitting or spending your money on *%+%$#!# to impress others or fill some low self esteem void, you stayed focused and did what you had to do. Not too many can say that.

There are some people who are at their best when their back is up against a wall. Good character trait to have.

pimp.gif

Congrats.

Just know that you are in the minority and that is a good thing. Instead of quitting or spending your money on *%+%$#!# to impress others or fill some low self esteem void, you stayed focused and did what you had to do. Not too many can say that.

There are some people who are at their best when their back is up against a wall. Good character trait to have.

i used my student loans to pay off my credit card debt since the interest rate on the student loans was significantly less then the interest rates on my credit cards.

im about halfway paying off my student loans now.

i used my student loans to pay off my credit card debt since the interest rate on the student loans was significantly less then the interest rates on my credit cards.

im about halfway paying off my student loans now.

How much in debt where you? I think after graduation IF i dont pay them off during my time in school I should only be in the hole for like ~8k.

How much in debt where you? I think after graduation IF i dont pay them off during my time in school I should only be in the hole for like ~8k.

Congrats.
pimp.gif

I somehow made it through school without any debt. I thank God everyday considering what my friends are going through.

Congrats.
pimp.gif

I somehow made it through school without any debt. I thank God everyday considering what my friends are going through.

Congrats!

I graduated this past May. My loan payments starts next month. I have ~16k or so.  I want to go to grad school but I want to pay these loans off first. Can't wait to get in that position.

Congrats!

I graduated this past May. My loan payments starts next month. I have ~16k or so.  I want to go to grad school but I want to pay these loans off first. Can't wait to get in that position.

Back
Top Bottom