Studying Abroad??

How many of you on NT have done it? I am thinking about going London next Semester, any stories?....Or anyone been to London?

Originally Posted by kix4kix

How many of you on NT have done it? I am thinking about going London next Semester, any stories?....Or anyone been to London?
London is a fun city...shopping+clubs+English women.
pimp.gif
Butyou better have money.

london is ill but Anton is correct, it costs a ton of money. that being said, my cousin studied abroad in london and she had a blast

Shanghai. Cheap food, cheap drinks, cheap everything. Unforgettable experience. Money cannot compare the experience you will gain, so go wild.

I did a semester in Barcelona. Best decision of my life. The european lifestyle is incredible especially the Spanish/Catalan culture. If you have the doughplease do it. It will be an experience that will shape you for the rest of your life

I'm thinking about studying abroad either somewhere in Italy or London. I'm considering going Summer '10...would it be better to do it during asemester or during the summer?

If there was one thing that I regretted about college, it was not taking advantage and studying abroad.

The whole point of studying abroad for a semester is immersing yourself in the country's culture. You CANNOT do that on a vacation. When you live there foran extended period you learn the habits, lifestyle, and ways of the country. When you live in a new country you experience the daily life of a local which isan amazing experience. Shows you how there are so many different ways to live and approach things. People should study abroad for a semester to truly get thefeel of a place

I was actually thinking about studying in Sweden. It sounds nice to study abroad but idk.

Any suggestions on places? I am thinking London, or tokyo (both expensive I know)

I'm bias because I studied in Barcelona but I think its the best place to study. Amazing culture and art, right on the beach, great climate, people arefriendly/ hot girls, awesome food, and by far the best nightlife in Europe Clubs are open till 6am and its insane how much they love to party. Its such anincredible city. Please look into it.

Originally Posted by bkdan1

Shanghai. Cheap food, cheap drinks, cheap everything. Unforgettable experience. Money cannot compare the experience you will gain, so go wild.

this guy knows what he's talking about.

I'm gonna study in Ireland during Spring of 2010.

I might possibly go to Europe to stay with my Godmother in Zurich, and of course, go around to the other countries as well. Can't wait.

For the heads that went to Barcelona,, im planning to go abroad next spring and i was wondering how the local girls are? From your experiences were they stuckup and how were they in like the clubs and all

i'd recommend studying in Holland....

full on European but everyone speaks English. i met a group of good peoples from the UK , Spain, Czech and OZ who were all studying at the same college here inHolland.
but i do highly recommend study abroad....why would you want to do it at home if you have the means to do it in a country you otherwise WILL NOT be able tolive in let alone visit.

people don't realize how locked down you are after college. you have student loans, mortgage, car payments etc etc etc probably a girl, hopefully not akid, but regardless you have so many financial obligations after college and such a low paying job. you are not going anywhere
roll.gif

Any suggestions on places? I am thinking London, or tokyo (both expensive I know)
I went to a school that had a huge study abroad program (Tufts)....many Tufts students (something like 40 percent if im not mistaken) take asemester/year abroad and loved it. Look into South America or Africa if you want something cheaper. I have friends who studies at the University of Ghana andthey said the dollar went a long way. If you do Africa I would recommend Nigeria/Ghana/South Africa......no ethnic cleansings/tribal conflicts going on inthese countries but you should still take precautions.

For south America, Tufts had programs in Costa Rica, Chile and Argentina....students I know who went there loved it.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I went to a school that had a huge study abroad program (Tufts)....many Tufts students (something like 40 percent if im not mistaken) take a semester/year abroad and loved it. Look into South America or Africa if you want something cheaper. I have friends who studies at the University of Ghana and they said the dollar went a long way. If you do Africa I would recommend Nigeria/Ghana/South Africa......no ethnic cleansings/tribal conflicts going on in these countries but you should still take precautions.

For south America, Tufts had programs in Costa Rica, Chile and Argentina....students I know who went there loved it.
Central America my man.

I recommend you Spain, great food and night life is
pimp.gif
, ideal city for meValencia, people love to go outside, you always find something to do.

Costa Rica is cool but more relaxed, sometimes like living in a small town. México is great too, Guadalajara takes the cake for any city, tapatias are
pimp.gif
and its really safe and has great culture.

Back
Top Bottom