Sugar Shane Mosley wants to fight Manny Pacquiao. vol Mosley agrees for 40/60 split?

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
MANILA, Philippines - Shane Mosley is willing to stake his WBA welterweight crown if he gets to face Manny Pacquiao even at a catch weight of 144lb.

"I'll meet him halfway so we can make the fight," said Mosley in an exclusive interview aired by NBN-4 sports program Teledyaryoyesterday.

Mosley, the champion at 147 lb, said he's willing to go down in weight, face Pacquiao on Oct. 17, and stake his crown just to see "who's thebest."

Pacquiao's trainer, Freddie Roach, said they're willing to face Mosley if the latter would agree to go down to 142 lb. Then Mosley said"halfway" could mean 144 lb.

"I can possibly make the weight and feel comfortable. I want to explore that," said Mosley.

Snow Badua of Teledyaryo asked Mosley if he'd be willing to stake his WBA crown against Pacquiao, and the 37-year-old, 5-foot-9 champion said,"Yeah, definitely."

Mosley also said the purse split shouldn't be a problem, even if Pacquiao, now the pound-for-pound king, gets more.

"We will negotiate. Whatever is fair is what we're gonna talk about. Maybe we can get a good split," said Mosley, adding that Richard Schaeferof Golden Boy, his promoter, will do the negotiating for him.

"That's what Richard Schaefer does," he said. "Whatever is fair for both and we all make the money."

Pacquiao said in his column that came out of philboxing.com the other day that he's not afraid of anyone, and that he won't back down from anyfight, even if it means fighting in a different weight class for the fourth straight time.

He fought Juan Manuel Marquez at 130, David Diaz at 135, Oscar dela Hoya at 147 and Ricky Hatton at 140 over the last 14 months, and won them all.

Mosley, now considered as the top candidate to face Pacquiao, ahead of fellow welter Miguel Cotto, said money is not the issue.

"That's not the main issue. Let's see who's the best fighter," said Mosley, who hasn't fought under 147 for the last 10 years.

source : http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=473697&publicationSubCategoryId=69

UPDATE

After learning about Shane Mosley's interest in going down a weight class to fight, Manny Pacquiao reportedly said to GMA News in the Philippines:
"No problem, we can fight. As long as we negotiate."

Mosley responded with a press release today saying he would agree to a 40/60 split. Apparently, Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy and Bob Arum of Top Rank areworking out the details now. Or not:

Bob Arum said recently:
"This has absolutely no credibility to it. Manny hasn't decided who he's going to fight."

Either way, the interest is there and if you know boxing enough, interest goes a long way (e.g., De La Hoya vs. Manny). If it the deal is close, who willwin? And:

Floyd Mayweahter, Jr. who?

Thoughts?

source http://wordsling.com/sayword/?p=359

Interesting. If this is true, I wouldn't mind seeing this. Although, I don't know how legit that article is...I mean, we just saw Mosley call outMayweather on Sportscenter two weeks ago.

Yeah, I heard this directly from Mosley. Ran into him at the local skating rink when I had the kids. We chatted for a while and thanked him for winning mesome money on the Margarito fight. He said he's getting back in the gym hitting the bag again and that he wanted to fight Pacquiao. I was like
embarassed.gif
because as much as like to root for him, Pacquiao will destroy him. Ialways see Mosley around town and he's good people but Pacquiao is a pretty big task. Make this happen.

Mosley also said he wants a fight with PBF but PBF won't budge. Mosley said he has to corner PBF into fighting him.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Sugar Shane>> paquio
Didn't you have a sig that read "RIP SHANE MOSLEY" round the Margacheato/Mosley fight?

You got straight hate in your blood for Pac
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Sugar Shane>> paquio
Didn't you have a sig that read "RIP SHANE MOSLEY" round the Margacheato/Mosley fight?

You got straight hate in your blood for Pac
laugh.gif

then shouldnt I have, pac man>> sugar shane? ....I like Margarito because he is Mexican, but sugar shane is almost a nightmare for pac man, especially ifmosley performs like he did against Margarito.

@!%+ that noise.

if mayweather beats jmm then he and pacq need to stop being little b!^#$ and sign up for the fight already.

yall sayin that sugar shane dont want none know NOTHING about "suga"... dude is fearless, period... and like PBF a technician... master craftsmen...u think its summin personal that PBF didnt take the money to fight shane years ago? NOPE... Mosley is an all-time great

PBF/Shane/Pacman (personally i think this is the order skillwise)... line it up any way u want and itd be one helluva fight

I dont see Pacman fighting Floyd anytime soon with the 60/40 Mayweather asking for. I dont see him asking for that after his fight with Marquez. The PPV onthat will be
sick.gif

Originally Posted by StephonUrkel

u think its summin personal that PBF didnt take the money to fight shane years ago? NOPE... Mosley is an all-time great

If I recall correcty, PBF wanted to fight Shane, but Shane said no.

Originally Posted by dreClark

u think its summin personal that PBF didnt take the money to fight shane years ago? NOPE... Mosley is an all-time great

I think that was right before him and DLH came to a deal to fight it was a choice between the two. Don't quote me though but I'm pretty sure it was 99when they both held belts like a division apart.

Originally Posted by Proshares

I think that was right before him and DLH came to a deal to fight it was a choice between the two. Don't quote me though but I'm pretty sure it was 99 when they both held belts like a division apart.
yup i think this is how it went down, shane didnt wanna lose the weight either or summin but at the end of the day if they really wanted to fighteachother it woulda popped off by now but obviously deep down they both think the other has a chance at winning...

I'm down for Pac to go and get another belt to his wondrous collection
laugh.gif

But i really do want to see Pac v PBF just to shut floyd up

Originally Posted by Proshares

I think that was right before him and DLH came to a deal to fight it was a choice between the two. Don't quote me though but I'm pretty sure it was 99 when they both held belts like a division apart.
yup i think this is how it went down, shane didnt wanna lose the weight either or summin but at the end of the day if they really wanted to fight eachother it woulda popped off by now but obviously deep down they both think the other has a chance at winning...

Well I never looked at it as a bad thing that they didn't fight back then. DLH was one of the top P4P fighters in the world at the time, he was making thebig fights and his fights were making the money. PBF had barely held his belt for a year by that time and wasn't a big fight for Shane.

Back
Top Bottom