[[ Suggest me bands similar to MGMT ]]

I bought

Oracular_Spectacular_2008.jpg

and it's dopeeeeeeeeeeeee ... I know I'm two years late .... just suggest some artist w/ a similar sound

lol theres not many like them, this album is amazing though if only for electric feel into Kids

pm me for a good site for similar music

pimp.gif

I agree, not too many bands that are like MGMT. You might want to check out Does it Offend You, Yeah? and possibly Cut Copy (but that might be a stretch).

oh yeah ...

my babymomma told me everyone who saw her pick this up for me was like ..
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
... "W.T.F?!? this _ Tone be listening to ?" ... Cause I bought CFrench as well.

Look up Yeasayer and Animal Collective

however they are more off of the deep end IMO...

Oracular Spectacular FTW

Originally Posted by marath0n

Oracular Spectacular FTW

[color= rgb(255, 204, 102)]define[/color] [color= rgb(255, 204, 102)]deep end[/color] [color= rgb(255, 204, 102)]sir ..[/color]

They're not like MGMT, they're more avant-garde stuff.

Try the Black Kids, or Vampire Weekend.

Vampire Weekend might be the closest thing

There is really nothing though MGMT are in their own world, mentally and their music lol

I'm sorry but I don't see anything similar about Vampire Weekend and MGMT, and those are probably my 2 of my fav albums from last year. They may havesome of the same fans, but the music is pretty different.

Originally Posted by marath0n

Oracular Spectacular FTW
ac sounds like mgmt?

like others said already, try vampire weekend

Black Kids
DataRock
Digitalism?

I learned about all these indie/hipster bands by playing FIFA 08/09 and listening to the in game music
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Control yourself, take only what you neeeeeeeeeed from it...

yeah I was late on MGMT too

have you heard a song called Mama's Room by this band Under the Influence of Giants? it's funky pop-rock
I don't know any of their other songs so I can't say much else about them

Also, my friend's cousin is in a band called Igly & Hartly
never heard ONE song of theirs but I read some article comparing them to MGMT so yeah...

Originally Posted by mace40

Maybe try Passion Pit, or for more of a house/dance thing, Chromeo.

laugh.gif
@ vampire weekend. pretty good debut album, but they have very little resemblance to mgmt. passion pit is what i would've said. animal collective>>>>> mgmt, but they are very different, and definitely harder to get into.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

pimp.gif

I agree, not too many bands that are like MGMT. You might want to check out Does it Offend You, Yeah? and possibly Cut Copy (but that might be a stretch).
I peeped their album off the strength of 'Dawn of the Dead'
pimp.gif
, its pretty nice.

But idk know if they compare to MGMT.

Mgmt is nuts....vampire weekend really has no resemblance..look up metanoia, there 14 minute epic.

There isnt really a band like them ummm
find there first album under the name management...Kids quartet is a dope song that very few have heard
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom