Suicide mickey mouse? ... what did I just watch?

that vid is like 7 mins long

indifferent.gif

This is creepier if you ask me.....

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Mickey Mouse + Suicide =[/h1]
July 11, 2009 in Blogs! | Tags: "Death Becomes Them", "Mr. Slicker and the Egg Robbers", 1930, Alix Strauss, Buster Keaton, celebrity suicides, Charlie Chaplin, comic strips, Floyd Gottfredson, Hardie Gramatky, Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Mr. Slicker, near-death experiences, suicide, Walt Disney

Awesome!

I’m reading this new book by author Alix Strauss called Death Becomes Them. It’s an in-depth look into numerous celebrity suicides and a very interesting read, to say the least. The book doesn’t come out until September, and I will do a more detailed review at a later time, but for right now I wanted to talk about a few old comic strips from 1930.

The book briefly mentions a series of Disney comic strips that ran in the daily papers from October 8th through the 24th in 1930. Written and drawn by Floyd Gottfredson, and inked by Gottfredson and Hardie Gramatky, the strips tell the story of a depressed Mickey Mouse as he tries to commit suicide after Minnie leaves him for a huckster named Mr. Slicker.

You can learn more about the full story here.

The best part? Even though Gottfredson was the chief writer of the run (titled “Mr. Slicker and the Egg Robbers

Back
Top Bottom