Superman Movies Being Rebooted.VOL: Christopfer Nolan

RustyShackleford

Supporter
News just broke that Chris Nolan is taking over the Superman Movie Franchise 
pimp.gif

So he's going to re-boot the re-boot?
laugh.gif
is it even possible to make it as gritty and dark as TDK? Who knows, but anything will be better than Superman Returns

This is all I've found so far, so I think you misspoke in your thread

Christopher Nolan on his Superman and Batman Plans

Source: L.A. Times

March 10, 2010

Geoff Boucher of L.A. Times' Hero Complex had a chance to visit Christopher Nolan in the editing suite for his upcoming sci-fi thriller Inception, and of course, he couldn't pass up an opportunity like that without asking about Nolan's plans for his Superman reboot and Batman.

There was a lot of excitement a few months back when Nolan's name was mentioned as the "godfather" of a Superman reboot at Warner Bros., and speaking on the decision for the first time, Nolan told Boucher that his involvement with the Superman franchise came about from them having reached an impasse on what to do with their third Batman film and David Goyer having an idea of what could be done with the Man of Steel:

"He basically told me, 'I have this thought about how you would approach Superman. I immediately got it, loved it and thought: That is a way of approaching the story I've never seen before that makes it incredibly exciting. I wanted to get Emma and I involved in shepherding the project right away and getting it to the studio and getting it going in an exciting way.

As mentioned previously, Nolan would act as a producer for another director, which has yet to be determined as they develop the script. From there, Nolan's involvement may be similar to Peter Jackson's on District 9 as he moves onto the third Batman film. He didn't have a lot more to say about the Superman reboot except that he did have an appreciation for what Singer tried to do in connecting his film to those of Richard Donner:

"A lot of people have approached Superman in a lot of different ways. I only know the way that has worked for us that's what I know how to do."

It's suggested that like his two Batman movies, the Superman story will take place in a world where Superman is the only superhero, so one probably can't expect this Superman to meet Christian Bale's Batman or either character to be involved with a future Justice League movie.

"Each serves to the internal logic of the story. They have nothing to do with each other," Nolan told them.

Eventually, the Nolans and Goyer got over the earlier impasse with a second Batman sequel, and things are certainly moving forward on that third movie. Nolan wouldn't confirm any of the dozens of internet rumors about who might play the villain but he did say:

"Without getting into specifics, the key thing that makes the third film a great possibility for us is that we want to finish our story, and in viewing it as the finishing of a story rather than infinitely blowing up the balloon and expanding the story. We have a great ensemble, that's one of the attractions of doing another film, since we've been having a great time for years."

http://superherohype.com/...supermannews.php?id=9147

He's going to act as a producer, like Peter Jackson in District 9.  But he's not writing the script or directing any Superman movies

Originally Posted by Friendliest Ghost

Rebooted? Again? Ehh.
The will never be a better Superman than Christoper Reeves, anything else is blasphemy
smh.gif

no matter who they put in charge of it, i think the superman franchise died after Mr. Reeves. they atleast need to allow the memory of how bad superman returns was go away

Originally Posted by Mac4167

no matter who they put in charge of it, i think the superman franchise died after Mr. Reeves. they atleast need to allow the memory of how bad superman returns was go away
I honestly do not think a single actor has portrayed a Superhero and the alter-ego as well as this man. Not even close IMHO.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]
It's Official: Nolan Rebooting Superman
[/h1][h2]
Dark Knight director to use Batman approach for the Man of Steel.
[/h2]
by Orlando Parfitt, IGN UK

UK, March 10, 2010 - It's official: Christopher Nolan is taking control of a new Superman movie franchise.

Back in February, we heard rumours that The Dark Knight director would "godfather" a rebooted Man of Steel series, and now Nolan has confirmed the news in an interview with The Los Angeles Times.

"It's very exciting, we have a fantastic story," he said. "We feel we can do it right. We know the milieu, if you will, we know the genre and how to get it done right."

Nolan is keeping his cards close to his chest on specifics about the plot or who would direct the film, but he did say that Batman collaborator David Goyer was working on the screenplay, and that the idea for Superman came when the pair was struggling on Batman 3.

"He basically told me, 'I have this thought about how you would approach Superman. I immediately got it, loved it and thought: That is a way of approaching the story I've never seen before that makes it incredibly exciting. I wanted to get Emma [Thomas -- his wife and co-producer] and I involved in shepherding the project right away and getting it to the studio and getting it going in an exciting way."

He wouldn't go into specifics, but it seems the pair will approach the story in the same way they did Batman.

"A lot of people have approached Superman in a lot of different ways. I only know the way that has worked for us that's what I know how to do... We're [...] trying to find an incredible story in a way that audiences can engage with it the way they engage with contemporary action films. I think David's approach is a very good way of doing just that."

Finally, it seems we shouldn't expect Superman and Batman to team up anytime soon. "Each serves to the internal logic of the story. They have nothing to do with each other."

Looking forward to see what direction Nolan with go with it. And who will play Superman?

Well Chris Nolan did resurrect the Batman franchise don't see why he won't be able to replicate that same success to Superman.

Why? The Incredible Hulk came out 5 years after Hulk and got positive reviews. All that matters is how they reboot it

Originally Posted by Control Are

Why? The Incredible Hulk came out 5 years after Hulk and got positive reviews. All that matters is how they reboot it

I agree. The 1st Hulk was TERRIBLE to me.. but Edward Norton and Tim Roth really breathed new life into the newest installment of the series... I'd like to see the same for Superman... his outfit has no muscles or anything, he just looked like a regular dude in pajamas in the last one... Lois Lane wasn't hot... it was Fail... the cartoon was better...

Originally Posted by Lex Starks

You don't need to make Superman dark and gritty.

I'd say make more of the situation he is in dark and gritty, but not necessarily have the character of Clark Kent/Superman be dark.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

I'd enjoy watching a dark Superman film. Next they should do Aquaman.

lol what does Aqua man really do tho? his story is so... blah

Back
Top Bottom