Superman's first comic sells for $1 million dollars

pimp.gif
....i loved comics as a kid, used to have stacks until i come home from school one day and hear mom say "you aren't a kid anymore so i threw out all those childish comics you had taking up space"

Originally Posted by ToMa630

pimp.gif
....i loved comics as a kid, used to have stacks until i come home from school one day and hear mom say "you aren't a kid anymore so i threw out all those childish comics you had taking up space"
i would of flipped

Also part of the reason this sold for so much is that there's literally less than 100 complete original Action #1s in existence especially at that level of quality.

wow. whoever the seller is can finally move out of his parent's basement and masturbating to Xena Warrior Princess.

^ I doubt some 46 year old guy living in his grandma's house was the owner of any comic worth this much.

A good amount of customers that buy the current stuff for themselves and their kids that come by my comic stop are pretty successful guys that have ridiculous collections and good jobs.

This one guy comes to the shop every 3 months and picks up pretty much every DC comic that comes out week by week, The owner sets one (or 4, depending how many variants came out) aside for him as they come out. He gets all the $100 Absolute editions & older collected stuff too. Then he has his assistant come back to return any that a even slightly bent on the corners.
laugh.gif

His bill is always something like $600-900. Sometimes more! 
smh.gif
embarassed.gif
eek.gif

He used to UPS the stuff to his house but they lost his boxes one time, so now he comes in person so that doesn't happen again.

He owns a 5 or 6 graded Action #1 comic. Buncha other stuff too.

He's some big shot plastic surgeon that lives on Long Island, I'll get his name when I see him again...

Me, I don't really collect. I mean I bag and board the stuff so I can give it to my kids one day, but I just love to read the stuff when I get time...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ccookielover49

i am surprised it was not in a museum.
That ain't the only one left, its not like a Gutenberg Bible or anything.

They had one at the U of Oregon Museum at few weeks back on exhibit

^
laugh.gif

But Liam Neeson is gonna star as Abraham Lincoln in the Steven Spielberg directed movie.

pimp.gif

I have the anniversary edition.

How much are those worth? I've been searching, but couldn't find my answer.

And now Detective #27 breaks the record at $1.075M

Just three days ago we reported to you that a copy of Action Comics #1 (the first appearance of Superman) broke the record for the sale price of a single comic book when it sold at auction for $1,000,000.

Well, today that record was broken.

At an auction held in Dallas, TX by American Heritage Galleries, a copy of Detective Comics #27 (the first appearance of Batman) sold for $1,075,000. Once again, both the buyer and the seller's identities remained a secret.

Back
Top Bottom