?Supreme Lows?

kampoutkid

Banned
When these released i wasn't aware of niketalk. when pics of these sneakers first surfaced what were the initial opinions since they're obvious ripoffs of true blue and black cement III's

they were hyped up for the longest time. i remember having the lil supreme booklets that had pictures of them being made in the factories. i remember themhaving a couple releases or being released over a number of days. the lines were no where near as crazy as they are today. everyone was after the black onesand ignored the white ones. but when some celebrity rocked the white premes, everyone started hoping on them.

i remember coming up on atleast 6 pairs each, including a couple sz 6 in both colorways for the wifey. i still got the same black daily beater premes to thisday, while a couple are on ice.

you say rip off but it was more like an ode to the elephant print in talks prior to the release date. man, the good ole days.

at that time the elephant print thing hadnt been beaten to death so not only were people not trippin it was well received.

one of the most hyped shoes
for a good reason thought really one of the best looking shoes nike has put out
still have a few sizes that i wouldnt mind trading or selling tho

smh.gif
These werent one of the most hyped shoes... They weren't as hyped as shoes are today. Not even close. Check for pictures of people waiting in line.There weren't that many people in line. If only days were like that again.

I still regret not going to get these back in High School. I remember another kid in my school grabbed two white pairs and I was really jealous. Honestly, eventhe Supreme High release wasn't anywhere close to the hyped up releases today. I waited on line for 45 minutes max and didn't camp out or even getthere early.

These are two pairs of shoes I would campout for................

Oh wait I'll just cut the line or hit someone off at shop so I dont have to sleep in the street for the shoes.

Like I always do.

^$168 + tax. even at resell, people were letting it go for $275 or so

the only reason why there wasnt huge lines as they were today is because the sb craze was still in its infancy stage. hype began when the second artists seriescame out. dudes were waiting in line for 48+ hrs. that was insane

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

Oh wait I'll just cut the line or hit someone off at shop so I dont have to sleep in the street for the shoes.

Like I always do.
Or probablly pay some Chinese kid to steal you one from the factory.

eyes.gif
southzeztpdot wrote:

Like I always do.
eyes.gif

Hey happya$$ if you know one foward him or her my e-mail

Thanks
ohwell.gif

Like I always do.
laugh.gif
This guy. Workin' hard for those e-props. SMH.

eyes.gif
southzeztpdot wrote:

Like I always do.
eyes.gif

Hey happya$$ if you know one foward him or her my e-mail

Thanks
ohwell.gif

I see your conects must of fizzled away ask Air-Randy!

These and the supreme highs were the sickest dunks at the time. Wouldn't care anywhere near as much now... actually looking at these black lows again theyare still so sick. Great shoe.

After reading this thread yesterday I just saw this article in Sneaker Freaker saying Supreme Dunk Lows were the most significant shoe of the decade.
http://www.sneakerfreaker.com/articles/Supreme-Dunk-Low/http://www.sneakerfreaker.com/articles/Supreme-Dunk-Low/

I will say it again; the Supreme Dunk low is the most important shoe this decade. Not because it broke any technical boundaries or delivered previously unrealised performance in athletic footwear. Nor because it presented a new shoe - it was a model almost twenty years old at the time of its release. It was however formative in the popularity of Nike's SB image; it saw the camping out for shoes become a weekly event, it opened up a wealth of reinterpreting shoes simply through the language of colourways, and most powerfully it demonstrated the value of brand collaboration, marketing and the power of cachet in fashion and sneakers. The Supreme Dunk low embodies the zeitgeist of sneaker culture this decade. I rest my case!

-7.jpg

the supreme highs had 5x more hype then these just look at the youtube videos i actually passed by supreme the day they came out but i was unaware of what itwas and i didnt even know supreme back then i was walking with my uncle to his job and saw people lined up and i didnt know for what it wasnt until about twoyears that i realized what they were man if i could go back in time ...

Originally Posted by FeelMode

at that time the elephant print thing hadnt been beaten to death so not only were people not trippin it was well received.

Pretty much.

I remember when these were going between $350-$450 on eBay, and me thinking that was too much to pay
frown.gif
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom