Suspension 2nd Semester Senior Year, What Happens? UPDATE PG 2

Originally Posted by JosephSKC

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

You can get suspended for partying outside of school? News to me....sorry to hear that bro
Back in middle school I got suspended. 15 days for prank calling another student. I got 15, my boy got ten. I got 15 because it was my cell phone :/ The call took place at my house at around 8pm. %!*! public schools
laugh.gif

Oh and we forgot *67
smh.gif
roll.gif
That's how we got caught
I thought if you were suspended more than 10 days it is considered expulsion
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

How the hell are you guys getting suspended for things that DON'T happen on school grounds/school time?

Its like the school is trying to dry snitch on you.

"Your son has been suspended for 15 days"

"Why? What did he do?

"Well at that party he had last thurs-

"Wait, what party?"
"Oh, you weren't  aware of it....??

burns-excellent.jpg

=
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Anleu

damn your school must be super conservative..maryland schools are super liberal. you could get arrested and you wouldn't get suspended.
You talking high school or college?

At UMD the Route 1 riot after the Duke win led to over 30 arrests. 23 of which were students who all faced expulsion.  Kids gettin kicked out of school over a one-sided rivalry... A regular season game at that
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Just bLAzed

How the hell are you guys getting suspended for things that DON'T happen on school grounds/school time?

some schools say that you are representing them, and expect you to act in the same manner as you would in school. at least my school is that way
like, you cant go do some stupid @#$\ outside of school and not expect to the school to take action. idk what happened at the party though. would have to be pretty serious for them to suspend you
the colleges ive gotten into all say that the offer of admission can be taken away if youre dont graduate, grades drop, or not a good citizen

That's ridiculous to me..where do they draw the line?

Update: Hey, thanks for all the input guys. I contacted UC Irvine and they said unless it is a criminal case, cheating, or expulsion my acceptance won't be revoked. So for the most part, I am safe. I had a small party at my house the other week with a CEOs and Office $%%% theme and today a bunch of the kids that attended my shindig were called into the office and interrogated.

I go to a private Christian school and in our school handbook they reserve the right to suspend or expel any student who is involved with alcohol, marijuana, or even cigarettes ON or OFF campus.

It truly is amazing that even if you are 18, you are not allowed to smoke a cigarette outside of school. If a teacher somehow sees you he/she has the right to tell the office and have you suspended.

I dealt with my parents today, told them what happened. Tomorrow I have to deal with the school while they interrogate me. It's going to be hell. Once again, thank you.

What HS do you go to in the bay are?

Haha..damn school's be browsing FB..good thing I only have 2 pics of me..and that's it.

I also just recently got admitted into the university I wanted to go, and so I would understand how it would feel if it was taken away from me.. Anyways good luck tomorrow OP

Originally Posted by Just bLAzed

some schools say that you are representing them, and expect you to act in the same manner as you would in school. at least my school is that way
like, you cant go do some stupid @#$\ outside of school and not expect to the school to take action. idk what happened at the party though. would have to be pretty serious for them to suspend you
the colleges ive gotten into all say that the offer of admission can be taken away if youre dont graduate, grades drop, or not a good citizen
Yea I went to catholic school and that's how it was. Even outside of school, you represent the school and your actions reflection on the school, especially if you're in your uniform.

cmon man....gotta watch out for yourself....you got yourself in a great position already, don't screw it up

Beware of the tagged photos.

Interrogate you? Well thats what happens when you go to a private religious school. Then that being said you should have known better. Still how does a school have that kind of jurisdiction?

You'll be fine. I got suspended last trimester of highschool for getting drunk at a dance and UW never even found out about it. Don't sweat it.

I'm guessing you had booze in your pics??

Good luck.. nothing is probably gonna happen to your acceptance, but you might get suspended

life before youtube, FB, myspace, was great.. no evidence of nothin'... yet with photoshop and technology these days, i would say many have a strong case of saying PHOTO evidence ONLINE is not a good means of gauging ANYTHING. I can throw someone in a photo in 2 minutes and have it online in a total of 5.. does that equal a suspension for that kid?

Guess this is a lesson to everybody. Especially when you're a student-athlete you have to watch what photos of you get put on FB.

My boy back in HS got suspended the last week of classes for doing donuts on the outdoor bball courts, last time I saw him he worked at a car wash. 

Originally Posted by armanzaballa

I go to a private Christian school and in our school handbook they reserve the right to suspend or expel any student who is involved with alcohol, marijuana, or even cigarettes ON or OFF campus.

It truly is amazing that even if you are 18, you are not allowed to smoke a cigarette outside of school. If a teacher somehow sees you he/she has the right to tell the office and have you suspended.

Wow.

you are going to go WILD your first year of College bro. That new found freedom is going to beast on you
pimp.gif

-The Juice

Back
Top Bottom