Swoosh Account

dblplay1212

Supporter
I recently got added to a Swoosh account. I've done my research and I've seen so many different things that I don't what to believe now. How strict are they on what you buy? I've seen some say they will hit you if you order a lot of different sizes but some say it's not an issue. If you have a family of 4, of course you'll be buying different sizes right? I know having several payment options and addresses will get an account flag so I'll have one card and my home address only.

I guess my question is this, if I but like 6-8 pairs of shoes a week, is that going to get me flagged? Sizes will vary bc I'll be buying for me, wife, baby, and a couple friends occasionally. Most of the sizes will be consistent but there will be some variations.

I'm just trying to prevent the account getting closed.

Are you the actual Nike employee or some 'family member'?

If you're the employee, how much do you care about this job? If you're the 'family member' how much do you care about the employee?

I feel like this is one of those things where if you have to ask, you probably shouldn't do it, especially if it isn't your account.

But maybe Nike is like Netflix and they're like "We DGAF as long as you're rolling with us."

I feel like this is one of those things where if you have to ask, you probably shouldn't do it, especially if it isn't your account.

But maybe Nike is like Netflix and they're like "We DGAF as long as you're rolling with us."

I think Nike is concerned about their declining revenue and will be watching for Swoosh.com abuse quite closely. Your advice on 'if you have to ask, then don't do it' is 100% spot on.

Are you the actual Nike employee or some 'family member'?

If you're the employee, how much do you care about this job? If you're the 'family member' how much do you care about the employee?
I plead the 5th.

I just don't want the account to be closed bc I don't want to lose the discount.

You haven't answered the question about whether you're the employee or the 'family member' but based on your answer it seems like you're neither.

In any case, to mitigate risk keep yourself to about 2-3 pairs every 2 months and refrain from returning stuff back. I wouldn't even bother trying to hook your friends up either, just keep it to your wife and child.

You haven't answered the question about whether you're the employee or the 'family member' but based on your answer it seems like you're neither.

In any case, to mitigate risk keep yourself to about 2-3 pairs every 2 months and refrain from returning stuff back. I wouldn't even bother trying to hook your friends up either, just keep it to your wife and child.
It's a friends of the program kinda thing. It's my own account, so I'm the only one that would be at a loss, but I don't want to lose it.

And 2-3 pairs every 2 months? I buy that ever 1-2 weeks already without the Swoosh account.

You get access to 'launch' items at discount so you have to tread lightly. Key thing is to watch the returns, and start off slowly.

It's changed a little bit over the years. You can buy mad clearance **** or **** that's just not moving. You can't be copping mad pairs of new releases that are moving well or popular. Just be smart and don't OD. Don't do **** that brings attention to your account.

I had Swoosh for like six years. SMH, I miss those days. All my Jays were discounted. My DB6s, bought two pairs at $91 a pop. Four pairs of the royal foams. Damn, gonna shed a tear.

I recently got added to a Swoosh account. I've done my research and I've seen so many different things that I don't what to believe now. How strict are they on what you buy? I've seen some say they will hit you if you order a lot of different sizes but some say it's not an issue. If you have a family of 4, of course you'll be buying different sizes right? I know having several payment options and addresses will get an account flag so I'll have one card and my home address only.

I guess my question is this, if I but like 6-8 pairs of shoes a week, is that going to get me flagged? Sizes will vary bc I'll be buying for me, wife, baby, and a couple friends occasionally. Most of the sizes will be consistent but there will be some variations.

I'm just trying to prevent the account getting closed.

I buy a lot, but through my friend's account and items are sent to her doorstep (thankfully NJ is tax free, so shipping it to San Diego is a wash). They'll cap you on a dollar amount you can purchase per transaction/day. I believe it's $800 these days(?), or close to it. Where they'll get you/flag you is if you is if you're buying and sending them to addresses that aren't yours; however, they're a little more lenient during the winter holidays. But if you feel like you're overdoing it, chances are, you probably are. Personally, I only purchase my size so there are no flags thrown, especially since it isn't my account. But I've purchased well over $5k per year on that account for the past 3/4 years now.

Anyway, if a friend wants something, make sure they're going to your address. A guy a knew in Houston, his cousin was a higher up at Nike and worked with the athletes and his account was llagged for reasons I mentioned above. A guy at Nike told him how they're a little more lenient during the holidays, but I wouldn't chance it. 40% is too good to pass lose out on. Lastly, I'd make sure all the info was consistent in addition to the shipping address (name, email, phone number, etc.)

I buy a lot, but through my friend's account and items are sent to her doorstep (thankfully NJ is tax free, so shipping it to San Diego is a wash). They'll cap you on a dollar amount you can purchase per transaction/day. I believe it's $800 these days(?), or close to it. Where they'll get you/flag you is if you is if you're buying and sending them to addresses that aren't yours; however, they're a little more lenient during the winter holidays. But if you feel like you're overdoing it, chances are, you probably are. Personally, I only purchase my size so there are no flags thrown, especially since it isn't my account. But I've purchased well over $5k per year on that account for the past 3/4 years now.

Anyway, if a friend wants something, make sure they're going to your address. A guy a knew in Houston, his cousin was a higher up at Nike and worked with the athletes and his account was llagged for reasons I mentioned above. A guy at Nike told him how they're a little more lenient during the holidays, but I wouldn't chance it. 40% is too good to pass lose out on. Lastly, I'd make sure all the info was consistent in addition to the shipping address (name, email, phone number, etc.)
Thanks for the info. So basically don't hesitate to buy as much as I want as long as most of it is my size and wife's size and all is on the same card and all to the same address? I will never ever use another address. Maybe buy a pair occasionally for a friend but it'll always be on my card and to my address. I'll give it to them locally or ship it to them. If I do that, I should be good?

It's changed a little bit over the years. You can buy mad clearance **** or **** that's just not moving. You can't be copping mad pairs of new releases that are moving well or popular. Just be smart and don't OD. Don't do **** that brings attention to your account.

I had Swoosh for like six years. SMH, I miss those days. All my Jays were discounted. My DB6s, bought two pairs at $91 a pop. Four pairs of the royal foams. Damn, gonna shed a tear.

Had one ages ago for about a year... good times

I remember people used to sell invites seems like it’s almost impossible now :smh:

Thanks for the info. So basically don't hesitate to buy as much as I want as long as most of it is my size and wife's size and all is on the same card and all to the same address? I will never ever use another address. Maybe buy a pair occasionally for a friend but it'll always be on my card and to my address. I'll give it to them locally or ship it to them. If I do that, I should be good?

Pretty much. Go slow like others have mentioned. If you think your pattern looks suspicious, then don't do it. Such as buying like 5 pairs of the same shoe at the same time. I double up a ton, so that's my pattern per se. And yes, you buy, they pick up or you ship to them if they're going to friends. Again, if you think you're gonna get dinged, I probably wouldn't do it.

If you have a friend that has a military discount, we get 20% off at Foot Locker, Champs (they're super stingy and give it the least on shoes), Eastbay, Foot Action, and Finishline (stingy like Champs). From my experience, they don't give a damn. I buy with my account and send to friends whenever and never heard a peep from from them.

Pretty much. Go slow like others have mentioned. If you think your pattern looks suspicious, then don't do it. Such as buying like 5 pairs of the same shoe at the same time. I double up a ton, so that's my pattern per se. And yes, you buy, they pick up or you ship to them if they're going to friends. Again, if you think you're gonna get dinged, I probably wouldn't do it.

If you have a friend that has a military discount, we get 20% off at Foot Locker, Champs (they're super stingy and give it the least on shoes), Eastbay, Foot Action, and Finishline (stingy like Champs). From my experience, they don't give a damn. I buy with my account and send to friends whenever and never heard a peep from from them.
My pattern will be to buy a 10.5 and an 11 in a lot of pairs. I wear a 10.5 with no show socks and an 11 with regular socks. I'll never ever buy 5 of a pair. Well I probably would have of og reds but that's it haha.

Really appreciate the info. I feel a lot better about using it now. I'm not a reseller, just a guy that buys a lot of personal shoes. Seems like that won't be an issue.

My pattern will be to buy a 10.5 and an 11 in a lot of pairs. I wear a 10.5 with no show socks and an 11 with regular socks. I'll never ever buy 5 of a pair. Well I probably would have of og reds but that's it haha.

Really appreciate the info. I feel a lot better about using it now. I'm not a reseller, just a guy that buys a lot of personal shoes. Seems like that won't be an issue.

No worries; you're gonna be fine. Enjoy it, Swoosh is awesome :nthat:

Back
Top Bottom