T.City the Land of Fakes

What's up with these 'urban' stores, that a year or so ago had no kicks in stock...all of the sudden have every fake bape colorway with fake hoody to match, and now I'm seeing bootleg AF1s in the heart of Scaroboro...its getting bad out here.

Obviously this has been going on for a little while, it just hit me last week at Scarborough Town I haven't been there in a minute...I was like..WHAT THE??

Learn where to buy your stuff and where not to buy it.
--------------------------------
F/S F/T DS SIZE 10 DAY OF THE DEAD SB.

LOCAL PICK UP'S WELCOME.(TORONTO)

ya.. we have fake bapes and hoodies here in PICKERING...@#%$ is up with that smfh
G'ed up from the feet up. A-Town Stand up! (Ajax, Ontario that is...)​

fake bapes have been around ever since everyone started riding pharrells d!ck
--------------------------------
F/S F/T DS SIZE 10 DAY OF THE DEAD SB.

LOCAL PICK UP'S WELCOME.(TORONTO)

Basically the law of wide spread of fakes is proportional to the popularity of the product.

Hype + Fad + Pricey items = Influx of fakes
FOR SALEdOubleO @ gmail . com (just remove the spaces)

yea, it's pretty crappy, i dont really bother buying stuff up here. I find it funny how hard these guys try to pass off their stuff as being legit though. "we have some hot new Bape gear"....ok buddy

The average torontonian is fake anyways so i guess they got the clothes to go along with the mentality.

Quote:
The average torontonian is fake anyways so i guess they got the clothes to go along with the mentality.

yup, exactly how i remember it... you guys still got that inferiority complex huh?....
(this signature has been intentionally left blank)

Fake clothing and shoes :smh:
smh.gif
Seeing three ppl at STC with black/red XI's in a 1 hour period :smh:
smh.gif

Quote:

where you from?
i couldnt tell u if that statement is true or not..but it seems to me its dudes that aint from Toronto that act a certain way when they reach the city..
"Some shoes are instant classics, some shoes become classic, and then there are shoes with potential of being classics til' they force feed us with the shoe to the point where when we see it, the sneakerhead inside all of us wants to vomit" - ShortyC94

So this dude joined a message board that my boys and I run and is trying to push fakes. I really feel like doing something really grimey to this dude, maybe talking to Nike to see if they could do something about it.

I really think we need to put together a task force to stop Toronto from being flooded with fake sneakers. What do ya'll think? Jordan Police maybe?

Sixfoot - I wasn't born here, but when i came over here, that's the 1 thing i noticed, folk are so fake and on their own **** over here. There's some real genuine folk here too, but there's just an abundance of fake people here with no identity...that's just my opinion though.

Canada is known around the world for being full of fake items. I have a friend who used to work at customs and he tells me they couldnt care less if they found fake shoes, they would just let them through. The government will have to take it more serious in order to get fake items off the market. I live in the North York and see at least 5 pairs of fakes Js a day at work. I think it is so sad that guys are selling these shoes for over $100 bucks to naive kids claiming they are the real deal.

A guy I train with tried to sell fakes to one of our teammates claiming they were legit.

People need to get a conscience!!!!

I visited TO in feb 2002 and the city was full of burberry/gucci fake air forces than.

I rememebr there was a flyer for an air force 1 party at a club and it had fakes on the flyer :smh:
smh.gif
TEAM TORONTO
"THE WORLDS ONLY SUB ZERO MELTING POT"

I like that there are alot of fake Bapes out there, with so many morons rocking them, eventually abape will phase out and go away, Once a brand hits its peak its all down hill after, just like Tommy hilfiger and the gap.... now if only they made fake gino green global

Even Halifax, NS is full of fakes. There are two stores selling Fape sneakers and hoodies. And one of them with a ton of fake LRG, Bape, BBC, Ice Cream and even 10 Deep.

It just sucks because this year two legit sneaker/streetwear stores finally opened in Halifax and people are buying fakes. The place with tons of fake streetwear is selling knock off 10 Deep hoodies for $150... barely even reducing the cost from the real thing.

and it doesn't help that these kids are misinformed.
you can only son so many people in one day.

at the end of the day: lames wanna stay dipped
word to jtabs
mississauga > SB's/DRY DENIM/VANS

Chirs 902, are you talkin about soled out as one of the legit stores??

its def. legit but they get the :smh:
smh.gif
from me

My TO cats, youve neevr seen a markup on kicks til you been to this spot. im talkin 230 for citrus AF1s.

:smh:
smh.gif
TEAM TORONTO

do they have nike accounts? it sounds like they're just re-selling shoes
mississauga > SB's/DRY DENIM/VANS

^^ im not really sure to be honest.
TEAM TORONTO

NP83, are you from Halifax?

I mentioned them as(soled out) one of two (the other is KRISP, but its much more of a clothing boutique than a sneaker place right now) that is selling legit sneakers and streetwear. But yeah, the mark up on some of that stuff is just incredibly painful. Occasionally they have good sales, (I got the clerks pack stabs for $100 tax included) but their normal prices are through the roof.

They can be sort of vague on what sort of account they're running. What I've heard is that they have a very low level account and any limited release stuff they get is just them reselling left over stock from an American store. This would also explain their absolutely nuts size runs. (i.e. often having sneakers in sizes 7-9 and 12-12.5 or some other wierd runs)

They're nice guys but I have no idea as to what's happening with their account.

Back
Top Bottom