T-Mac was almost a Laker in 1997

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

Wouldn't have worked out. T Mac left a perfect situation with his own flesh and blood in Toronto to become the main player. His ego was bigger than Kobes if you ask me.

Are ya'll forgetting that he was playing in Toronto? Again, the city of Toronto...which is in Canada...

You really think he would have left the city of LA and the Lakers?

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

"What if's" & "almost" threads should be banned.

When we are lacking Lebron vs. Kobe threads, we need other things to bicker over 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

When we are lacking Lebron vs. Kobe threads, we need other things to bicker over 
laugh.gif

In reality though these threads are like the Special Olympics for S & T.

How bout the Magic don't trade Webber down for Penny on draft day.

It would've been Scott Skiles, Dennis Scott, Nick Anderson, C-Webb and Shaq as your starting lineup in 1993.

THAT would've been ridiculous.

T-Mac to LA sounds crazy...but they won 3 in a row...best that never was catches me better than, 'man we coulda piled on some more.'

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Yo, keep us informed on how Shawne Williams and Dominique Jones are doing!
They dominated on Wednesday night...DoJo will be back w/ the Mavs after this weekend's home stand..Sean is a different story.
I really like what Dominique Jones can bring, he's damn versatile, but he just doesn't get the minutes.

What do you mean Sean* is a different story?
nerd.gif

Just that he's staying down with the Legends?

It's really a shame, he's gifted. I know he doesn't have his head completely on straight, but he's worth the risk. Mahinmi and Haywood have been decent, but I feel like Wright and especially Sean Williams could pay huge dividends for the Mavericks.

Appreciate the update.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Are ya'll forgetting that he was playing in Toronto? Again, the city of Toronto...which is in Canada...

You really think he would have left the city of LA and the Lakers?
Yeah I recall him saying he was "sittin at home all kinds of depressed" when he was in Toronto, it wasn't just an ego thing... Stoudemire, Camby, Vince, Bosh all eventually left too, they just didn't want to stay in Canada
I think they would have won like +5 rings, the competition b/t Kobe and TMac would have made each of them better, the team would have probably eventually imploded but all of them would have benefited from the situation

TMac would have been included in the Shaq trade to Miami.

Don't think the 3 could have existed together.

Tell us more about the whole conversation man. I know you took notes right after. Damn that must be nice. Be a sponge!

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Wouldn't have been enough basketballs on the court for that
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Sorry.  Wasnt laughing at the point you were making....only the irony between it and your favorite team.

That's not even close to the same thing. 
laugh.gif

Kobe and Mac used to jack 30 shots a game... LeBron is a better passer than either one of those dudes could dream of being.

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

shut up....some people never knew about this including myself
 If you don't like my opinion keep it moving. Nobody was talking to you in the first place. I swear you have a hard on for things I say on here.

Originally Posted by man listen

more stories about Kobe ans Shaq please
Nothing that most people don't already know...He just said they were two totally different characters. One year Shaq came to training camp at 390 lbs and Kobe didn't respect his work ethic. But, he mentioned because Shaq was a personality and spent his off season, making music and movies in Hollywood it helped make his transition to life after basketball easy. Kobe on the other hand will probably self destruct one he can/t play because his only focus is on basketball.
koolbarbone wrote:
Forget McGrady. We need more Van Exel stories.

He said he thought Sedale Threatt was a better PG than NVE but management wanted him to play Nick. Him and NVE fell out when Magic came back..Magic came back because they were thin on the front line and Jerry West suggested Magic come back to play backup PF. The team voted in favor of Magic returning only if he didn't play PG. Everything was fine until Van Exel got suspended for bumping the ref and while he was out Magic started playing out of position and wanted to become the full time PG which alienated Ceballos and NVE

Y'all tripping. It would have work beautifully
grin.gif

Tmac play the 1 Kobe play the 2 
pimp.gif
. It would be a nightmare for the other team back court

176553240_61687b2526_o.jpg
tumblr_lc2du0NenD1qa2ol0o1_500.jpg

pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]

If you don't like my opinion keep it moving. Nobody was talking to you in the first place. I swear you have a hard on for things I say on here.
i dont even know who you are so you must have one

--Thank god this didnt happen.
--I'm content with the way things turned out for us since '97.
--Cant complain.

I don't think T-Mac would have stayed.  If I'm not mistaken, he left TOR because he wanted to be the man and not play in VC's shadow.  But then he went to a team (ORL) that was getting Grant Hill and trying to get Tim Duncan, so he would have been 3rd option on that team.  He did end up being the man on the team but I never understood the reasoning for him picking the Magic.

That would've been a crazy starting lineup.

Would've set off an endless change of events I would rather not think about.

i dont even know who you are so you must have one
lolwut.jpg

Originally Posted by SupremeP21

I don't think T-Mac would have stayed.  If I'm not mistaken, he left TOR because he wanted to be the man and not play in VC's shadow.  But then he went to a team (ORL) that was getting Grant Hill and trying to get Tim Duncan, so he would have been 3rd option on that team.  He did end up being the man on the team but I never understood the reasoning for him picking the Magic.

iuno because grant hill i believed wouldve stepped back a lil, and will tim is tim and he would just dominate the inside. i think it wouldve been a scottie/mj kinda thing or no better yet maybe a upgraded version of what we have now with the heat.

The answer to the question relies solely on money.Toronto didnt want to pay him max money. They didnt play him, then didnt have a good enough evaluation to determine if they were going to pay him what Orlando paid. Orlando only paid what they did because Duncan was specifically out of the equation. Grant wasnt going to go w/o mac. They were hoping long term mac settled in where Kobe was in 1999-2000.I think that if long term they had decided to not really contend then Shaq would have tried to leave. For arguments sake lets say the players stay on a similar development trac. That Kobe for Jason kidd trade is done, and we would end up with Kidd, mac, matrix, Horry, and Shaq.That means no Phil. With mac Phil still works. Eventually the decision becomes what pair you keep. Maybe mac makes the decision to go to florida

Back
Top Bottom