T.O fined $10,000 for waving flag.

Once again, Terrell Owens' NFL touchdown celebrations cost him.

The flamboyant Dallas Cowboys wide receiver was fined $10,000 for violating league uniform and equipment rules by the NFL, The Dallas Morning News reported Thursday.

The newspaper said that Owens was penalized for waving a personalized towel during Dallas' 38-17 win over Philadelphia on Sunday, a move that was picked up by television cameras.

It was the second time this season he's been fined for violating league rules after a touchdown.

Earlier this season, Owens was fined $7,500 for a celebration that included using the goal post and football to poke fun at the New England Patriots' spying scandal during Dallas' 37-20 victory over Miami this past Sunday.

The newspaper quoted the Cowboys wide receiver as saying the league has squeezed much of the fun out of the game for him and many others.

"It's stuff like that," Owens told the Morning News. "People try to make a big deal out of it. It's not any different than Chad [Johnson] going to the sidelines and taking [out] a coat. All I had was a little towel, and now they want to make that into a big deal."

Last week, Johnson was fined $5,000 for wearing "Ocho Cinco" on a Velco nameplate across the back of his uniform. "Ocho Cinco," signifying his uniform No. 85, is the name by which Johnson said he wanted to be called the day leading up to the game.

Owens is coming off his best game in his two seasons with Dallas, a 10-catch, 174-yard performance Sunday night at Philadelphia, his former team that nearly two years to the date had banished him before eventually releasing him.

The Cowboys play Sunday at the New York Giants, a rematch of the season opener in which Owens had three catches for 87 yards and two TDs in a 45-35 victory.

At the midpoint of the season, Owens has 44 catches for 730 yards and six touchdowns.

Wow. I'm not even a T.O Fan, but $10,000 for waving a towel.
No Fun League.
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS

:rofl:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

they make it a much bigger deal with T.O. :rofl:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Air Jordan
1984-1993
1995-1998
2001-2003
"The best there ever was, the best there ever will be."

didnt he wave that before too? I swear I saw that towel before....

Regardless, :smh:
smh.gif
Goodell. :smh:
smh.gif
.:: |Team| Toronto| Raptors| ::.
.:: We Aint Scurred of the C's ::.
TEAM PRARIE BOYZ​

a towel :smh:
smh.gif

u can't be serious

[font color=000044 size=7]T[/font][font color=333366 size=7]E[/font][font color=666699 size=7]A[/font][font color=9999CC size=7]M[/font][font color=CCCCFF size=7]Y[/font][font color=white size=7]A[/font][font color=CCCCFF size=7]N[/font][font color=9999CC size=7]K[/font][font color=666699 size=7]E[/font][font color=333366 size=7]E[/font][font color=000044 size=7]S[/font]

Any steps to shut up Owens' tiring antics is all good in my book :pimp:
pimp.gif
You're the Kind of Girl a Guy Like Me
Could Hypnotize​

it makes sense. its an unofficial product sold on his website. same thing happened to Urlacher wearin that hat.

hes waved it since the Vikings game...

:smh:
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
TEAMCOWBOYS
VI..XII..XXVII..XXVIII..XXX......
"WE ARE THE BEST"

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

is he the most fined athlete ever? marc cuban? :lol:
laugh.gif
TEAM CIRCUMSIZED​
I was man enough to go through it...are you?​

I swear TO can't even blink without the league opening it up for review.

Just wondering, did Chad ever get fined for the Future HOF jacket?
TEAMCOWBOYS

Quote:
I swear TO can't even blink without the league opening it up for review.
smh.gif
smh.gif
New Jersey NetsMore Than A Game#1 Marcus Williams#2 Josh Boone#5 Jason Kidd - C#7 Bostjan Nachbar#11 Darrell Armstrong#30 Malik Allen#12 Nenad Krstic#15 Vince Carter#21 Antoine Wright#24 Richard Jefferson#20 Jamaal Magloire#35 Jason Collins#51 Sean Williams

this is flat out stupid. The NFL is taking this way too far. Players cant even have fun
TEAMCOWBOYS
VI..XII..XXVII..XXVIII..XXX......​
"We're workin on the second hand"

:lol:
laugh.gif
2007 Green Bay Packers
The Pack is Back baby!
James Jones = Stud 29rec, 432yds, 2tds
Brew Crew in 08!
I am and will always be a Packers, Brewers, Bucks, and Badgers fan.

No Fun League
Born alone, die alone, no crew to keep my crown or throne
I'm deep by sound alone, caved inside in a thousand miles from home

Why can't he just be classy like Barry Sanders and hand the ball to the ref?

A touchdown celebration, with props, is not done strictly to "have fun." The player is trying to draw all the attention to himself. TO should take a lesson from LT; when Tomlinson had a record-setting run last season, he ran back to celebrate with his teammates - the other 10 guys that made it possible for him to score.

I wish football was more like baseball. If you stand at home plate admiring your homer, there is a good chance you or one of your teammates is going to get drilled. I'd like to see some justice like that in football. How often would TO celebrate if he knew somebody was going to purposefully try to hurt him for it?
Team Old School​
"You Got to Do Time"​
Don't try and build your post count - make your post count.​

^ But in this case he was sitting on the bench waving his towel... he wasn't trying to hurt anyones feelings.. plus he wave this towel before and there was no fine.. if the league is going to go down hard with fines they have to be consistent.
Team Cowboys

Lol Larry was wavin the hell outta the KC flag. LMAO
Team Beatfactory L.L.C.
Bryan Michael Cox is now my boss.
TEAM CLEVELAND BROWNS-TEAM CLEVELAND CAVS​

Touchdowns are one of the best parts of the game. LET THEM CELEBRATE!
HoustonRockets
FRANCIS - MCGRADY - YAO​

Back
Top Bottom