Take me to school vol. NT, I'm thinking about joining a fraternity.

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Originally Posted by iBlink

The Q's wanted me to join in the fall semester. Kappas in the Spring.

I want to join one that has a lot of recognition also.
You also gotta take into account the stigma w/ the frats. I don't know about any other school but the Ques at my school are coo, down to earth, freaks and act like tru "dogs" the Kappas are some pretty boys and act a lil feminine. All frats have some type of hazing process though it's illegal. U have to decide whether or not u want to go thru all of that to be apart of the organization. Paper pledges are frowned upon and disassociated. U also have to make sure u have the finances to remain active

I personally can't join a frat. I have a major authority problem and I refuse to let somebody, especially a peer treat me like *+*% to prove that I'm "worthy"

I feel u on that....besides when I was in school, I found other ways to socialize/network on and off campus without having joined a frat. To each his owntho...

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

The Q's wanted me to join in the fall semester. Kappas in the Spring.

I want to join one that has a lot of recognition also.
You also gotta take into account the stigma w/ the frats. I don't know about any other school but the Ques at my school are coo, down to earth, freaks and act like tru "dogs" the Kappas are some pretty boys and act a lil feminine. All frats have some type of hazing process though it's illegal. U have to decide whether or not u want to go thru all of that to be apart of the organization. Paper pledges are frowned upon and disassociated. U also have to make sure u have the finances to remain active

I personally can't join a frat. I have a major authority problem and I refuse to let somebody, especially a peer treat me like *+*% to prove that I'm "worthy"

I feel u on that....besides when I was in school, I found other ways to socialize/network on and off campus without having joined a frat. To each his own tho...

I participate actively on and off campus and I'm in several clubs and teams. But what with me moving from this school, I feel that becoming a Greek wouldhelp me out.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

You'll find out sooner than later. I remember talking about how I wanted to be a Que here a while back and within a few hours I had beenmessaged by Ques telling me to edit my posts and if I was interested keep it to myself. There's a reason why, if you are accepted to pledge, that you cutoff contact with the outside world so to speak.

It sounds like you are just making this decision on a whim. If you are as active on campus as you say you are then you shouldn't have to worry.

I'm active one my current campus, but my concern is that my reputation won't carry with me when I transfer.

Like I said, I'm thinking about it. I won't have made a decision until the fall. So since I have ample time, I might as well get any info I can.

And if you quoted me, please edit.

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

Blink, didn't you say you're transferring to U of Oregon?

Just wait until you get to Eugene and pick place that follows your ideals and has some national recognition.

I don't think the greek life is big at U of O tho.

I know Alpha Phi Alpha is up at Portland State.

Yeah, I got my acceptance to Oregon already but my decision isn't final. My mom isn't ttoo keen on me moving to the other side of the country. PlusI'm her only child and she's a single mom. So if anything happens, I'll be kinda far to take care of her. Recently I've been looking at someschools up North, but I'm still considering Oregon though.

I highly recommend joining one, I'm in Phi Psi at the University of Washington, and it has been an amazing experience.

Nevermind. But OP I'm in a fraternity at my school and if you do it for the right reasons then it'll be an extremelyrewarding decision.

IF i was to ever pledge a frat, it would def. be a mixed frat....I need diversity....I cant stand too much of any race...

You'll find out sooner than later. I remember talking about how I wanted to be a Que here a while back and within a few hours I had been messaged by Ques telling me to edit my posts and if I was interested keep it to myself. There's a reason why, if you are accepted to pledge, that you cut off contact with the outside world so to speak.

It sounds like you are just making this decision on a whim. If you are as active on campus as you say you are then you shouldn't have to worry.
is this like some free mason type stuff?

what exacly is a fraternity? I thought it was just a buch of dudes who got drunk together

during the pledging/hazing process the school found out because some kid broke his collarbone and dislocated his shoulder. so the pledging stopped.
I remember that.

Why Pike though? You didn't get any other bids? Sketchy house.

thinking about it, i should have pledged another frat. btu i have my group of friends and what not so its not that big of a deal. most of my friends were goingto do pike so i really didn't want to pledge something alone. it was really between zbt and pike and zbt's house is just to dirty. this year we got ahouse though over at 209.

I pledged Pi Kappa Alpha this Spring and I don't regret it. You should pick the frat where the guys are most like you and you'll get along with them.As far as networking, all of them will offer that. Joining a frat is a great way to boost up your resume by getting more involved on campus, whether it isholding a leadership position in your frat or using your frat's voting power to get into SGA or something.

I'm in Pike. I here alot of people talk down on it, I'm not saying it's the best thing ever, but same time it's not as bad as everyone wants tomake it out. Overall do what you want and be you and no matter what you'll be good.

What do people say about Pikes, besides the rape thing?

I joined because they are the studliest guys at my campus.

Where my Nupes at?

nerd.gif

[color= rgb(204, 153, 0)]Think long and VERY hard about your decision. Depending on where you go and howactive you decide to be. It's a lifetime commitment and not just something fun to do in college.[/color]
[color= rgb(204, 153, 0)]Make sure you're ready for the commitment and that the organization youchoose is right for you.[/color]
[color= rgb(204, 153, 0)]And remember, It's more work once you're in a fraternity than it istrying to join.[/color]

No thread jack but does anyone know about fraternity fees? I always hear people talk about this and some
say the fees are outrageous and others say frats charge them little or nothing to pledge. Is there a set average fee and is it a
reoccuring fee?

Greetings,

I recently graduated from Syracuse University. I was apart of ACACIA Fraternity (social) up there and it was a great experience. We had parties, brothersgetting drunk, the girls, the usual fraternity stuff. But the most important aspect of a fraternity is knowing that you can always seek the brothers for help;financially, spiritually, emotionally, and academically. ACACIA Fraternity did that and more importantly, it was a lifetime brotherhood and a family that lastsforever even after you graduate and that is something you must consider before you pledge.

PEACE.

Originally Posted by CJ863

No thread jack but does anyone know about fraternity fees? I always hear people talk about this and some
say the fees are outrageous and others say frats charge them little or nothing to pledge. Is there a set average fee and is it a
reoccuring fee?
I guess it depends on your fraternity. You should ask them.

Make your decision wisely, and as what was said before Look at the stigmas that each organization has on an INDIVIDUAL chapter basis. Since you are thinkingabout switching schools. I would do research on the fraternities from a web standpoint. Then when u transfer see how that school's chapter is run and seeif you want to be a part of it.

IMO doing it is an amazing experience. There are many things that i learned from my experiences that I use in my daily activities each day. To the peoplesaying that you cant take authority. There are many professions that involve humbling yourself and proving what you got before you can get to that top dogposition

You can either join a black frat
laugh.gif
I'd pass for numerous reasons I won't elaborate on.
Or you can join a "multi cultural" one which doesn't exist in the true sense of the term.

Frats and sororities that I'VE experienced are a joke.

Back
Top Bottom