Take The Money And Run

I just finished watching this new show on ABC called "Take The Money And Run".  If you haven't seen it, basically what happens is this:

Two people are handed a briefcase at a random location in their city with $100,000 in it.  They are then given a vehicle, and 1 hour to hide it before they have to stop and let the cops take them in.  If they hid the briefcase well enough, and the detectives dont find it in 48 hours then they get to keep the money.  If the detectives find the case, then the cops keep the money.

During the 48 hours the two people are interrogated and held in a fake prison.  Basically like solitary confinement.  The people interrogating them are professional interrogators that do that for a living, so they know all the little things about when someone is lying and all that.  Every time the interrogators find something out, they pass the info on to the detectives who are looking for the case out in the streets.

My question is...do you all think you could get away with it if you only had an hour to hide the money?  What do you think is the best place to hide it where some random bum won't find it, and what would you do to throw the cops off?

are there any rules as to where you can or cant hide it, or is anywhere fair game? can you just hand it to a buddy and tell him to drive in the opposite direction and not answer his phone or talk to anyone for 48 hours and you will kick him down like $20K or something?

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

are there any rules as to where you can or cant hide it, or is anywhere fair game? can you just hand it to a buddy and tell him to drive in the opposite direction and not answer his phone or talk to anyone for 48 hours and you will kick him down like $20K or something?

that is exactly what I thought when I saw this show. Why not just give it to someone and let them do whatever they want, you wont know where it is and no one would be able to find the guy you gave it to

Get my bros to hide it like they said above. Other than that I would probably just hide it in one of those abandoned places and hope the money sticks for the time being. I think there should be more rules to this "game", to prevent something like your dude riding off with it.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Thought this as I read OPs post

Even if you couldnt do this, it would be so easy.. just dont talk when youre in interrogation, not like they can do anything to you

I don't know. As I was watching the show, I felt like the people are almost "made" to answer questions. They aren't really clear as to waht the rules are, but from what I take from it, it seems like you have to keep the money in the city limits, and you probably have to answer most of the questions. I'm sure it's something like that since it is a TV show and you can't just have some dude sitting there mute for 48 hours.

im pretty sure its staged and the "real people" are actors pretending to be contestants on the show.

Originally Posted by theekinqq

im pretty sure its staged and the "real people" are actors pretending to be contestants on the show.
OP doesn't believe a network would do such a thing.. 
tongue.gif

I have no idea where I'd hide it 
alien.gif

To throw cops off - when they're being interrogated they should just act crazy, start clucking like a chicken, they won't get any signs from that 
laugh.gif

I'll bury the money in some abandon building underneath a tree or some concrete. I'm a pretty good liar so I think I would be able to win that money easily. 

Originally Posted by dadecounty11

I don't know. As I was watching the show, I felt like the people are almost "made" to answer questions. They aren't really clear as to waht the rules are, but from what I take from it, it seems like you have to keep the money in the city limits, and you probably have to answer most of the questions. I'm sure it's something like that since it is a TV show and you can't just have some dude sitting there mute for 48 hours.
Mute Spittah would be $100,000 richer if he were on this show.

Easy.

I'll take all $100,000 and split it into $1000 piles. I then, I loan it to either trustworthy people or banks. Or I buy government bonds (which return about 6% guaranteed). If I buy the bonds I then give them to trustworthy people. Then I chill in jail until they let me out.

See, if you give it to others, there is no way the cops can trace it. Imagine all the marked money flowing through the city... in the end I would get the value of the cash back, but not the bills themselves. The police have no way of actually retrieving the money since it's not even my property technically anymore.

Watching the show now and if I was able to get a tool wretch and some plastic bags. the money would be put in the oil pan and engine cyclinders
edit

Ok 10 mins in, YOU CAN HIDE THE MONEY ANYWHERE IN THE CITY. Damn I would have just mailed the money to myself. the money would be outside of the cops range and would just show up at my door a few days later.

Originally Posted by scshift

Easy.

I'll take all $100,000 and split it into $1000 piles. I then, I loan it to either trustworthy people or banks. Or I buy government bonds (which return about 6% guaranteed). If I buy the bonds I then give them to trustworthy people. Then I chill in jail until they let me out.

See, if you give it to others, there is no way the cops can trace it. Imagine all the marked money flowing through the city... in the end I would get the value of the cash back, but not the bills themselves. The police have no way of actually retrieving the money since it's not even my property technically anymore.
Youve got 1 hour.

I'll bury the money in some abandon building underneath a tree or some concrete. I'm a pretty good liar so I think I would be able to win that money easily. 
Again... 1 hour.

Youre going to bury it under concrete in an hour? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

Originally Posted by theekinqq

OP doesn't believe a network would do such a thing.. 
tongue.gif

It doesn't matter.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by scshift

Easy.

Youve got 1 hour.

I work extremely fast
laugh.gif

Backup plan would be to donate all of it to a charitable cause... like the famine in Somalia. Let's see the cops try and take the cash back
grin.gif

one of the first things to pop into my mind when watching the show was to find a box bigger than the brief case and put it in there, seal it and bring it to possibly my house or a friends house and place it on their doorstep, it'll look like a delivery was made by like UPS.

Ok I just watched a good amount

The cops DONT TRACK your phone just your car
Dont listen in or listen to phone recordings
They just check your clothings and whats in the car
They do not tear the car down.
When your caught they just stress you

Just have one person drive around and make abunch of phone calls while you hide the case

Tie the briefcase to a couple cinder blocks and throw in a lake by my grannys house. That would take me under 30mins.

Back
Top Bottom