Take Your Pick: Come Home With Me vs Purple Haze

camfr.0.0.0x0.400x400.jpeg
 vs
purple_haze.jpg

2 of the albums I REALLY enjoyed during this past decade...

20090401144606_song_album.jpg

[table][tr][th=""]Professional reviews[/th][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Upside:
Cam making a "Comeback" of sorts was REALLY needed... Ma$e retired, Big L passed, McGruff disapeared (and reapeared breifly on this joint), Black Rob & G Dep were NOWHERE to be found... Cam was the ONLY N hold it down for uptown (unless you count the members of Can Ox)...

After making a breif appearence on SDE, Santana really got a chance to do his thing on this joint, "Moving Weight" is flat out DANGEROUS... One of the BEST Cam songs. Of course there are the 2 SMASH hits "Oh Boy" & "Hey Ma"... But there some other gems on this joint, specifically "Come Home With Me" & "Welcome To New York City" which features Steadman.

"Daydreaming" was a DOPE record, never really took off @ the radio the way the first 2 singles did, but hey... Memph Bleek Duece King & Beans drop by on "Just Roc" which is a pretty dope track

Downside:
Its a few other joints but nothin really to write home about...

Verdict: 4.25/5

camron_-_purple_haze.jpg

[table][tr][th=""]Professional reviews[/th][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Upside:
After waiting almost 2 years the joint FINALLY came out, just as the Roc was goin through some of the early stages of the break up... There wasn't really much marketing because of the HUGE gap between the singles that dropped early when it was supposed to come out, and Cam distancing himself from Roc A Fella... They were able to squeeze in 2 vid later tho...

The Diplomat WAVE was on 7.5 when this joint dropped, it was a year and a half after the relase of Diplomatic Immunity & Juelz debut, about 6 months after Jim Jones' debut... The General of Diplomats returned with Purple Haze.

It features some of Cam's STRONGEST material, the random flow is in full swing, but he makes sense the majority of the time so its coo... "Get Down" is one of his REALIST records to date... "Killa Cam" is just DANGEROUS... The 2nd verse is CLASSIC (Some Harlem !$%@)... The Callab with Kanye is genuis, Cam's flow on there is flawless...

Also gems like "Soap Opera" & "Bubble Music" which are BEYOND dope... After those there are a few random songs that are hit or miss (mostly miss)... "Dip Set Forever" is another joint produced by Kanye which is one of my FAV Cam joints of all time

Downside:
There a few RANDOM tracks on here that more or less SUCK BALLS
"Girls"
"Hey Lady" (even tho it's funny)

Verdict: 4.5/5

The Winner:

Spoiler [+]
camron_-_purple_haze.jpg

"come home with me" is more concise and flows better overall as an album whereas "purple haze" is too drawn out.. it almost feels like a mixtape at times. but "purple haze" has the better songs.

Purple Haze baaaaaarely

Only because I can skip Boy Boy on CHWM

Spoiler [+]
Killa Cam top 5 DOA
pimp.gif

come home with me IMO...purple haze took too damn long to release and had too many recylced rhymes on it

inspektahdeck wrote:
come home with me IMO...purple haze took too damn long to release and had too many recylced rhymes on it

Yeah...It also had alot filler....

Come Home With Me is my #!!# though...

There's two songs on there that I skip (Dead or Alive & I Just Wanna)...
Everything else is a go... 

Originally Posted by Dapper D

inspektahdeck wrote:

Yeah...It also had alot filler....

Come Home With Me is my #!!# though...

There's two songs on there that I skip (Dead or Alive & I Just Wanna)...
Everything else is a go... 
eek.gif
u bugging son...those beats are
pimp.gif
Juelz and Jimmy held they own on both also

but the Intro to come home with me >

Originally Posted by dreClark

20090401144606_song_album.jpg
it was more raw. ph had the better songs OVERALL but chwm is still...somehow better than it. dunno, this album was hard. ph was too light to me.

never heard purple haze. didnt really seem to me that it was worth a listen after chwm

Back
Top Bottom