taking courses wit friends?

yay or nay?

its coo to see your friends and conversate with them but i honestly would rather not have classes with them.

i want to concentrate and do good in class, and I know if they're around, its gonna be hard for me to

stay focused. I'm contemplating dropping this class, and switching up my schedule.

NT am i trippin? Have you taken a class with your boys?

Last semester I had the same exact schedule as two of my friends.

Helped and hurt... depends on the class. More helped in my case.

In college I have had 2 classes with my good friend from HS.....It was fun as hell and we both did good so there were no problems for me

pros: someone to talk to if you're bored, someone to study with, someone to complain with if need be, help to see if assignments are due
cons: if you're competitive, if person is ALWAYS talking and distracting

the way I see it, if you and your friend are mature, it's a real good thing. but if not I could see it as problematic.

You can have them in the class with you but just don't sit by them if you think that they will bother you. Your friends can help
you with assignment, group projects and notes if you miss class.

If you have issues with having a class with your friends then youre gonna be in a lot of trouble later in life.

I love classes my friends are in, I wish I had more, but no one has the same major as me.

Advantages: Someone to sit near and talk to always, study together, help out on assignments/papers, etc.
Disadvantages: A possible distraction in class, if you're both not motivated students, it'd be easy to skip and go do something else with friends.

If you can, take as many classes with your friends IMO, I prefer it.

I love having a class with friends. Can always chat once in a while. Do HW together. And hell if you cut, atleast you know your friends will give you the notesfor the class you missed. But then again, I always try to make atleast 2-3 acquaintances in every class I take. This way in the future I always have someonethat I know in a class possibly.

It has always been an awesome thing for me since it's just someone else to keep me on task. You just have to make sure that even if the other person startsgetting off track you know how to keep yourself going and or check them. If you're worried about them distracting you, just sit in the very front of theclass that way they don't really have a choice. I always sit in the front anyway cuz i'm so blind and hate wearing my glasses.
laugh.gif

taking a good 2 classes with my friends this semester last semester i felt ehh i didnt really know a lot of ppl in my classes i made a few friends tho

me and my room mate have several classes together. we act up a lot but we can also get focused when necessary. and since we're in the same classes we getto go half on the textbooks which is always nice. i don't let anyone distract me from getting good grades, so having people in classes i already know isjust an added benefit.

Last semester. I had no 1 from my hs class in my college classes. It was pretty boring but was able to pass my classes. This semester is the same.

Loved it, always loved it when I took classes with girls from the previous semesters too, become acquaintances to friends to .... real quick

Originally Posted by NolanMJJ

pros: someone to talk to if you're bored, someone to study with, someone to complain with if need be, help to see if assignments are due
cons: if you're competitive, if person is ALWAYS talking and distracting
exactly.
it all depends on your friend and the class.

I say nay....its nice but ultimtely it takes away from the main objective which is to learn...that's why I don't speak unless called upon in school...

Back
Top Bottom