TAKING LITTLE KIDS to R rated Movies UNNAPRECIATION

So I was just posting in the "Last House on Left" thread and it was brought up about how disturbing some scenes in thatmovie are especially "THE SCENE" and I had to state that even more disturbing than that particular scene is the fact that I noticed some peoplebrought thier little kids with them and not one of them walked out during that scene or covered thier kids eyes on that part. I have noticed that in many Rrated films that people have let thier morals and parenting skills go down the drain by bringing thier kids late night to R rated films that can have an affecton childrens thought process and possibly thier way of life.

Where I live its mainly the Hispanics (my own race at that) who have been guilty of doing this type of thing, im not trying to be rude at all but its justfacts from my area. The theatre I attend is a nice venue who offer the "Child Drop off" Spot where you only pay $6.00 to leave your child in a playroom that has a Wii, PS2 and Xbox along with slides and different activities for children to enjoy while you go and watch your movie if you cant find a sitteror what have you, the children are monitored by employees who have a license in CHILD CARE. I rarely see parents taking advantage of this program even thoughthe Child drop off stays open till midnight.

NTERS I ask you, What movie in your mind was the most disturbing and did you notice parents taking thier children to see that movie and doing anything about iton disturbing scenes like walk out or close thier kids eyes???? Also does this type of stuff really take affect on childrens minds such traumatizing them asthey grow up???

BTW,, nice to be back on NT.. Havent posted in about 5 months,, sure missed this place

Last movie I seen was Friday the 13th (the new one) and some parents took the kids. Them kids where loud and kept goin in and out of the the theater. It wasvery annoying and distracting. My advice take kids to kiddy movies and not R movies.

I hate going to 11pm showings of R rated movies and people bring their INFANTS. Screaming babies do not belong at adult movies. I didn't just pay 20 bucksfor tickets and popcorn to listen to someones brat cry all night because they are irresponsible and selfish parents. And it wasn't an isolated incident.The last 3 or 4 movies had very young children or babies interrupting the show the entire time. I've stopped going to the theatre.

The theatres at the MOA are now 21+ and serve beer and liquor so I'm going there from now on.
laugh.gif

I have a 5y/o lil girl and i dont even like her watching certain disney shows cuz the a lil too much for her age. some parents should not be parents, i wouldnteven let a 10y/o sit in a R rated film.

I watched a lot of horror flicks (which I'm sure many were rated R) as a kid with my dad and his friends.. I turned out okay.. But I had ******ednightmares as a kid.. Woke up screaming and crying all the time..

My 10 year old nephew's friend after watching Watchmen...

"Did you see those NIPPLES"

laugh.gif

OP, every kid is different....I was allowed and encouraged to watch all movies (except pron) when I was a kid. I turned out far way better than most people Imeet. My kids will watch R rated movies and they will hopefully be like me and be smart enough to know whats what... What I cant stand is the baby effect likedude said earlier....I hate when people take their infants and any kid under 3 to a movie!! SHUT THAT BABY UP!!!

def unapreciated i remember when spiderman 3 came out i was going in and sum lil kid coming out was like mommy yd harry have to die, and i was just like
mad.gif

Off topic but I was thinking about this but except video games. The kid (6 or 7) my sister babysits was playing Saints Row 2. That's just A LOT too young.same thing with movies too. doesn't watching jason stab someone with a pitchfork effect them in anyway. I mean seriously. and then they start cryingsometimes.
indifferent.gif
and get taken out of the theater. it starts to get distractin.

Originally Posted by thejoker0077

def unapreciated i remember when spiderman 3 came out i was going in and sum lil kid coming out was like mommy yd harry have to die, and i was just like
mad.gif
indifferent.gif

So lady brought her baby to the watchmen.Me and my friends are sitting there watching the movie and the baby cryes cause its so louds. @#+$% BABIES HAVESENSITIVE HEARING LIKE DOGS. BRINGING YOUR BABY HERE PUTS THEM AT RISK FOR HEARING AIDS

To me, Being a parent means you have a responsibility to your children to raise them and teach them. If a child watches a R rated/violent movie, It doesn'tmean they will go imitate what they see. If they are taught the difference between right and wrong, and how to deal with anger and pain, they would have noreason to.

I'd be far more open to letting them watch, say, Glory (Rated R) than some PG-13 rated toilethumor fest with no redeeming social value whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom