Talib Kweli Live...How is he?

Kweli is coming to USD on monday with The Cool Kids and i'm low on money but really really wanna catch this how is Kweli live? any answers would beawesome...thanks!

he !@%%$#% out a sound guy at rock the bells here last year. Dude was just trying to fix his mic and he started yelling at him. He came to my school last yearfor the Virigin mega tour and he rocked it. there weren't that many people in attendance but he put on a hell of a show. Stuff from every album and somefreestyle %*!%.

Yeah I saw him with The Roots and NERD back in HS and he killed it...definitely worth your $ if you're a fan at all

dude is amazing live

ive seen him 4 times live....killed it every time

he does tracks from all his albums...

usd huh?

time...place...cost?

Monday the 5th...Jenny Craig Pavilion with G Love and The Cool Kids...It's $30 but USD students get $15 tickets so i'm trying to get one of the cheaptickets...definitely going if i can get a $15 ticket, can't wait to see Kweli...with The Roots in May and Rock The Bells this summer I just need to seeCommon to round out that whole group of artists...

he came to USC back in november. was backstage and was standing right next to him as he was going over lyrics and pacing back and forth right before he wenton. nuts.

anyway, he's really good live. better if youre a fan. when you hear "too late" you know its worth your money....

Don't know what you guys are talking about... I've seen Kweli four times and each time he sucked. I swear he doesn't know how to hold the mic, heshoves it against his mouth so it's never clear. Plus it's hard to rock a crowd with conscious rap. I love listening to Kweli's cds, but his showssuck. A lot.

i've seen him once and it was a good show. at the end of his set his dj played music and he did a few freestyles. He invited people on the stage to danceand he was signing autographs.

if you are a fan, i'd say go. especially if it is in a smaller venue.

saw him in hawaii in 02 as a surprise show and it was off the hook... minus the two dancing girls...

He's very good. It's not like he's trying to rock the crowd with slow R&B songs; they might not be high-energy songs but still.

Originally Posted by elkgrove44

Don't know what you guys are talking about... I've seen Kweli four times and each time he sucked. I swear he doesn't know how to hold the mic, he shoves it against his mouth so it's never clear. Plus it's hard to rock a crowd with conscious rap. I love listening to Kweli's cds, but his shows suck. A lot.

1040932411_b4e74541f1.jpg

I don't know about you but if the crowd wasn't doing this or nodding their head then theres something wrong with the crowd or they were at the wrongconcert.

Kweli can rock the crowd.
Peace.

Talib Kweli is on the list of performers I want to see live....for those who have seen Talib Kweli in '07-'08...does he perform songs from theLIBERATION album???

Originally Posted by digitalO22

Talib Kweli is on the list of performers I want to see live....for those who have seen Talib Kweli in '07-'08...does he perform songs from the LIBERATION album???

Saw him at Rock the Bells last year, he did perform some stuff from Liberation I think...he brought out some dudes from the Strong Arm Steady crew too if Iremember right.
Anyway yeah, seeing Kweli live was great. It was that much sweeter seeing Mos out there with him, definitely fulfilled one of those "ohI gotta see this artist/group before I die" kinda goals

Dude is dope live. If you have a chance Id def go see him live! I saw in SF @ the Fillmore I think a year or two ago.

yes hes dope live. Mos Def was in concert the next couple days and I was hoping Kweli would have brought him out, but unfortunately he did not.

Kweli isn't that great LIVE....
If standing around moving his hands & putting his hands in the air is a good show 2 you guys OK....
Best MC I've seen LIVE has been Masta Ace... You guys need to peep him & emc live...

some of the good live hip-hop acts i've seen are the Wu, Kanye, and Lupe...is Kweli at the level of any of them because if he is close then the show isworth it

Kewly is aiight I've cin worse ............. ohh and tha best hiphop performer i have to give it to busta buss....... ive cin him about 5 times dude iscrazy

He's cool. I've seen him a few times here in DC. I haven't really felt his music though since Reflection Eternal.

ive seen him live three times (rock the bells, usc, ucsb) and he was extremely good. if you've seen dave chappelle's block party it's like that,but even better.

Back
Top Bottom