TapouT clothing owner reportedly killed in Ferrari crash

RIP, he seemed like a cool dude.

Tapout is
sick.gif
though

damn, its too crazy when you got control of such a powerful machine. Sometimes iI'm thankful my Honda only gets up to 120 TOPS or I might end up like thattoo.

R.I.P. to dude.

On a side note...

Aflliction>Tapout

RIP. cant believe it.

i was reading an article about the accident before they identified the victim. it happened just down the street from my work.

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by Snake201

why in every pic of a Ferrari accident the cars always break in half?
seriously though, i think it might have to do with the quality of car, i remember reading something about Ferrari, at first, refusing Polyphony to damage their vehicles in GT, pretty fishy if u ask me
It has nothing to do with the cars quality. Ferrari designs theirs cars chassis' to utilize the engine as a stressed member, because itabsorbs enormous energy. In the case of a high speed accident, the engine will separate itself from the cockpit. Every other part of the car may get destroyed,but the cockpit tub is supposed to stay together.

In this particular case, the impact was to the cockpit itself. It would not have made a different how the car was designed. Hitting a solid object in excess of100 MPH will screw up your day in any car.

i dont think the car splitting is a design flaw, i bet the car split because hewas driving excessively fast and hit an immovable object.

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Really? I can honestly say I've never seen a car split entirely in half like that.
22096721.jpg

2006 Crash in L.A.

I remember two drunk drivers up my homies street crashed into a light pole, luckily we heard it and went and his MR2 was split in half and both dudes flew outof the car.

smh.gif

you see it all the time in those sports car crashes...high speed x lightweight aint built to be hitting wallas and polls or flipping over...thenagain what is at that speeds

Originally Posted by THockey66

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

seriously though, i think it might have to do with the quality of car, i remember reading something about Ferrari, at first, refusing Polyphony to damage their vehicles in GT, pretty fishy if u ask me
It has nothing to do with the cars quality. Ferrari designs theirs cars chassis' to utilize the engine as a stressed member, because it absorbs enormous energy. In the case of a high speed accident, the engine will separate itself from the cockpit. Every other part of the car may get destroyed, but the cockpit tub is supposed to stay together.

In this particular case, the impact was to the cockpit itself. It would not have made a different how the car was designed. Hitting a solid object in excess of 100 MPH will screw up your day in any car.

Exactly correct. It's almost like a ejector seat in a jet. Being that the engine is right behind your head, it is seperated during impact.

Back
Top Bottom