TAR - Thread About Relationships vol. Calling TAY Graduates

I hear you, but I can't exactly pull back from her when we live together
You can. Go to the gym, go to the park, bar, museum, movies, etc. Come home late. She's gonna get curious as to what you're out doing and immediately recognize something is afoot.

You are in a grown person relationship. You don't have to play games. This is where communicating what you are going through is the right move. It shows respect for her and she will feel that. A real relationship isn't about manipulating the other person, it's about building something together, which means both are involved in solutions to hurdles that come up.

I've been bad about bottling up my feelings on some things because I didn't want to burden my wife or put extra stress on her. Lately went through something and decided to just be totally open and it has been great. She helped me a lot and it has drawn us even closer.

Yeah don’t disappear or play that game, it’ll only cause you problems if there’s any shred of doubt in her mind.

You asked about spicing it up... sometimes you gotta keep it simple.

Give her a good massage. I’m talking full body. Put on some Jodeci or sumn and when the massage is done make a move. It sounds corny but it’s effective. You get her in the mood while throwing in some spice to the romance.

I've been bad about bottling up my feelings on some things because I didn't want to burden my wife or put extra stress on her. Lately went through something and decided to just be totally open and it has been great. She helped me a lot and it has drawn us even closer.

Both me and my wife struggled with opening up about stuff and once we both became more receptive you hearing each other's thoughts and issues it also brought us closer.

One of the most important parts is that both of you are willing to bear the "burden" of each other's stressors with the intent to conquer them and another is you both have a welcoming environment to be that open. You need both people working toward the same goal including making each other feel comfortable to share and willing to hear somethings that concern the other

Yeah don’t disappear or play that game, it’ll only cause you problems if there’s any shred of doubt in her mind.

You asked about spicing it up... sometimes you gotta keep it simple.

Give her a good massage. I’m talking full body. Put on some Jodeci or sumn and when the massage is done make a move. It sounds corny but it’s effective. You get her in the mood while throwing in some spice to the romance.
I think that's my biggest issue (right now), overthinking and not keeping it simple. Going to try this tonight

Jim Boylen is the worst head coach in the NBA and this bum *** FO extended him in the offseason. FML.
You are in a grown person relationship. You don't have to play games. This is where communicating what you are going through is the right move. It shows respect for her and she will feel that. A real relationship isn't about manipulating the other person, it's about building something together, which means both are involved in solutions to hurdles that come up.

It's not games. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Any advice on keeping it electric and spicy? Trying to get out of a rut where I'm not exactly all the way there intimately. Sort of lacking a little passion right now, I'm mostly stuck in my head, thinking too much and doing too little.
Don’t know if you burn green but there’s some new strains out there that’ll have you going rounds but more intimate Kama sutra ****

Nowhere near the level of wanting to propose/think about marriage but I’m just curious since y’all boys seem to be enjoying that life..

How old were you when you dropped the question?
How long were y’all together?
How’d you pick the ring?
Did your girl pick it out beforehand or you just figured out what she would like?

Nowhere near the level of wanting to propose/think about marriage but I’m just curious since y’all boys seem to be enjoying that life..

How old were you when you dropped the question?
How long were y’all together?
How’d you pick the ring?
Did your girl pick it out beforehand or you just figured out what she would like?
34 when I proposed after years of living that bachelor lifestyle :pimp:

We was together for about a year and a half before I proposed. I’ve never met anyone that came close to what she has to offer in a relationship. So I had to lock it down.

About the ring, we was in the mall one day and stopped by Zales and she started looking around. I got an idea of what she wanted by her reaction to the rings she saw. Bought a ring a few months later from a local jeweler. Spent more than I wanted but whatever, it was worth it off her reaction alone.

my fault if not the right place. how do y'all feel about being a stepdad? what are the roles of one? what can a stepdad do and not do? actually step dads or moms welcomed to reply

my fault if not the right place. how do y'all feel about being a stepdad? what are the roles of one? what can a stepdad do and not do? actually step dads or moms welcomed to reply

Stepdad here, for me you fill in the gaps. There's not going to be a set list of things you do but you basically do what a father would do, to an limit. Most of what you do is based on the mother and the father's relationship. My wife and her first BD agreed that they wouldn't let their significant other spank their son, I had to honor that.

Quick question, what is an appropriate amount of time to dedicate to phone calls in long term relationships?

How long is too long to date before becoming official/exclusive?

I dont think there's a set time period. If ya'll spend enough time together and you're feeling the chick you can just say something along the lines of "hey it might be early, but i enjoy my time with you and have no intention of seeing anyone else. If you feel the same lmk". Usually i'd want them to bring it up first, but just keep in mind that if no one brings it up then everything is fair game.

Quick question, what is an appropriate amount of time to dedicate to phone calls in long term relationships?

For long term relationships, i think that just comes naturally. Sometimes the conversation is going and ya'll can go for hours, sometimes 15 min max. People are busy so i think the times of 2+ hours of conversation are over. Try facetiming instead if you're just chillin though, works wonders and doesnt force you to be on the phone for too long.

Long term or long distance? Long term I'm sure y'all figured each other out to know what works, which in my case was as much as she wants. Long distance should be atleast daily.

Back
Top Bottom