TAR - Thread About Relationships vol. Calling TAY Graduates

"why a black guy"
"even though ur black ur always working and have a job"
"u know even though he's black he takes care of his kids"
couple other things i won't mention
but her dad was about to get an *** whooping
but he's old and sick and still has complications(kidney transplant)
one of her uncles aint allowed to come to the house
just cause i don't like him
the vibe he gives
and actually this one uncle who had died
was cool as hell i messed with him
but he already been around black folks
it was mainly the ones who haven't been around black folks
and just around their lil filipino community
Respect for being patient with them and letting them live with you even though they talked so much TRASH.

if yo girl
who supposedly loves u
is having reservations cause of her parents
then that aint the one
point blank period
thick skin or not
no reason a grown adult
is trippin off falling in love
because her parents aint feeling who she love
ESPECIALLY one with who got her own place and parents aint taking care of her

and thats my points exactly hence why I said OPs situation aint looking too good.

I've had 3 serious relationships and each one of them have said something along the lines of
"If my best friend/s didn't approve of you I wouldn't date you, I trust their judgement on people blah blah ****ing blah".

None of them have ever disapproved of me but that grinds my gears.
Damn near made me end it right then and there.

I've had 3 serious relationships and each one of them have said something along the lines of
"If my best friend/s didn't approve of you I wouldn't date you, I trust their judgement on people blah blah ****ing blah".

None of them have ever disapproved of me but that grinds my gears.
Damn near made me end it right then and there.
meanwhile they best friends either wishing they dude was half as good as u
or single as hell
:smh:
females do be doing some dumb ****

meanwhile they best friends either wishing they dude was half as good as u
or single as hell
:smh:
females do be doing some dumb ****
Co-sign x1000. I'm confident I could've smashed all their best friends if I was slimy enough, all of them said/acted in ways that gave me hints they'd smash. And these are the same friends they trust with they life

To the NT fam who are in long-term relationships / are married:

Can you offer advice on how you kept the relationship going?
Communication and building a foundation on a friendship first. Communication is soo important in a relationship. Not saying our communication is perfect with my wife.

Miss you, papi.

I'm married but the best relationship advice I can give to anyone is to KEEP OTHER PEOPLE OUT OF DETAILS OF YOUR RELATIONSHIP.

Men with own parents:

The bottom line to this is going to sound crazy but your parents are not going to consider all the factors of why you are with someone. I.e how are you going to explain to you parents that your girl changed your mind on something by sucking paint and the epidermis off your pipe. The point is that their interest are always going to be different from yours. They just better hope that they raised you well but they really shouldn't be involved in what motivates and keeps the relationship going.

Men with the girls parents:

Same as above but with the shoe on the other foot. Be nice to the parents but also consider that in the back of their mind all sorts of crazy thoughts and speculations are floating around about what your doing with their daughter.

Men with friends:

Not every friend is equally yoked so keep them at a distance too with the relationship especially the ones that don't have what you got. You cant talk to your homie that is on a drought and lonely about the problems in your relationship. If you absolutely need to talk to someone then talk to the homie who has advanced in his relationship further than you have. i.e the friend that is married and has a someone decent relationship. Not the friend who cheats on his girl every other week. But also keep in mind that every relationship is different so no two relationships can really be compared.

Women with friends:

Your single friends will stop at nothing to try to sabotage your relationship. It is in the nature of the single woman to do so. I have been in several relationships where the girls group chat has given her terrible advice and influenced the girl to make poor decisions that have led to me leaving the girl and moving on. I have also been in situations where the same single girls from the group chat have tried to sleep with me. Like I said its just their nature and the jealousy is real.

At the end of the day this is all just advice

Last edited:
Any advice for people proposing in the next 8-12 months appreciated.

Close with her fam and friends, no real issues other than the ones I make internally with marriage, being with someone forever etc

Communication and building a foundation on a friendship first. Communication is soo important in a relationship. Not saying our communication is perfect with my wife.

Miss you, papi.
Real talk
Communication
And sex
Like sex is just as important
If not more

Close with her fam and friends, no real issues other than the ones I make internally with marriage, being with someone forever etc
Don't do it or prenup.

Kidding. Best of luck brethren

I'm married but the best relationship advice I can give to anyone is to KEEP OTHER PEOPLE OUT OF YOUR RELATIONSHIP.

Men with own parents:

The bottom line to this is going to sound crazy but your parents are not going to consider all the factors of why you are with someone. I.e how are you going to explain to you parents that your girl changed your mind on something by sucking paint and the epidermis off your pipe. The point is that their interest are always going to be different from yours. They just better hope that they raised you well but they really shouldn't be involved in what motivates and keeps the relationship going.

At the end of the day this is all just advice

Solid advice. I think parents' involvement in their kids' wedding is different culturally and per family. My parents understood our plans and supported it 100%. But my Father-In-Law tried to make it about himself by wanting control in the say of the location, vendors, style, and who to invite. He even tried to intimidate me by yelling during our talk and even sending his sisters to talk 'sense' to my wife. But I deaded that quick.

Oh, I HATE that "Happy wife, happy life" saying.

Marriage happiness works both ways.
I honestly think a happy man = happy relationship. Women are attracted to men who are having a blast in life. Patrice O'neal said it the best, whenever the women is happier, that's a broken relationship

I proposed at Disneyland
@suberzat1 was with me that weekend matter of fact but left the morning before
Did it in front of the castle
All her friends knew
Try to integrate what she loves doing in the proposal
My wife loves Disneyland so did it at Disneyland
If ur girl loves Rhianna do it at a rhianna concert
And don’t lose the ring pulling the box out ur pocket :lol:
I almost had a heart attack

Solid advice. I think parents' involvement in their kids' wedding is different culturally and per family. My parents understood our plans and supported it 100%. But my Father-In-Law tried to make it about himself by wanting control in the say of the location, vendors, style, and who to invite. He even tried to intimidate me by yelling during our talk and even sending his sisters to talk 'sense' to my wife. But I deaded that quick.
Did he pay for it or nah???
If he did then I could understand him wanting say or at least some input

I feel like we all know what this saying means but folks are misunderstanding it for no reason
it should be updated for what it truly means
happy wife = no nagging in ur ear
about her friends
or the coworker at work she don't like
or about some girly **** like makeup
all while u tryna enjoy either the video game
or tv
:lol:

it should be updated for what it truly means
happy wife = no nagging in ur ear
about her friends
or the coworker at work she don't like
or about some girly **** like makeup
all while u tryna enjoy either the video game
or tv
:lol:

Pretty much. It dont mean you gotta simp or trick. Fact of the matter is your gotta make sure your lady is content. As she should do as well, but we know what it is

nawghtyhare nawghtyhare Yeah I’m going to VRBO a house in Napa and have a big get together with our friends and family after I do it during the day.

Come be the bartender that night? Haha

Back
Top Bottom