TAR - Thread About Relationships vol. Calling TAY Graduates

Spent a few hours at mom's crib for Sunday dinner. Watching your girl and your mom bond like old friends >>>>
This. When I found out that my mom and sister would sometimes text my girl with random conversations my heart skipped a beat - with both happiness and primal fear :lol:

Fellas, what's the plan for tomorrow and/or this weekend? Personally, I haven't planned anything or really thought about it. Probably gonna keep it simple with dinner or something

Fellas, what's the plan for tomorrow and/or this weekend? Personally, I haven't planned anything or really thought about it. Probably gonna keep it simple with dinner or something
Atlantic city sat and sunday night. Dinner at flays and american cut. Gambling, drinking, etc. One of our favorite things to do together. This year will be extra nice to get away because we are leaving our 6 month old with my parents. :smokin

It's raining in LA, my girl get off work at like 4 and got school Friday morning. So just a lil dinner

rejoice.png

Atlantic city sat and sunday night. Dinner at flays and american cut. Gambling, drinking, etc. One of our favorite things to do together. This year will be extra nice to get away because we are leaving our 6 month old with my parents. :smokin

It's raining in LA, my girl get off work at like 4 and got school Friday morning. So just a lil dinner

rejoice.png
Both of ya in them guts quickly. :pimp:

How’s American cut? Been wanting to go to the nyc location for some time.

How’s American cut? Been wanting to go to the nyc location for some time.
Haven't been to the one in ac yet. I was at the one in Tribeca last fall and it was outstanding. I usually think those celebrity chef joints are overrated, but that spot did not disappoint at all. Menu is a little more robust in nyc too from what i can tell. Didnt hurt that one of my vendors took me there and we ran up quite the tab. :lol:

Haven't been to the one in ac yet. I was at the one in Tribeca last fall and it was outstanding. I usually think those celebrity chef joints are overrated, but that spot did not disappoint at all. Menu is a little more robust in nyc too from what i can tell. Didnt hurt that one of my vendors took me there and we ran up quite the tab. :lol:
American Cut is dope - also checked out the Tribeca location. I still say the best tomahawk ribeye in the city was Costata before that shutdown...beautiful steak served w/ black truffle butter, it was phenomenal.

Unfortunately, since I moved away from NYC in August I can't indulge in any lit NYC festivities this Valentine's Day. My girl is in Buffalo so gonna head that way for the weekend and do dinner since she has to be at her place. Then going to have her come up to Toronto next week for a couple's spa session. Girl told me she didn't want to do too much because "it's a Hallmark holiday"...I'm not complaining :lol:

Bruh come home late on pre Valentines day and not expecting static
:lol:

Question for the thread: how is everyone's lady on letting them go out with just the boys? Like, club and tables going out, not just catching the game at the bar.

Question for the thread: how is everyone's lady on letting them go out with just the boys? Like, club and tables going out, not just catching the game at the bar.

She will sometimes hit me with the "go ahead and hang with your boys" comment and you know its not genuine and she want you to be miserable with her. Other times, she don't give a **** and is chill about it.

Been married for a minute. During my single days made mental notes of what qualities and traits i could live with and ones that were a dealbreaker. Being in a big city can accelerate this due to volume of “subjects”:lol:.

I’ve never subscribed to the “one” thinking. Successful relationships are a combination of many factors including attraction, two-way communication, compromises, and many others. You can achieve this with any number of women IMO. It comes down to making your choice.

In my case I got to a point where I knew what was attractive to me physically and what qualities worked and didn’t work for me. And as important or moreso I had matured to the point that committing to someone for life wasn’t intimidating. Not fair to waste a girl’s time if you can’t be serious. Learned this by dating an amazing woman that we connected intellectually. She could finish my sentences. That is not an easy feat. My mind is always going 100mph and I’m on the next three conversations ahead of where we are now. We were serious and it got to a point that I realized I wasn’t ready like she was ready. Broke it off and she was hurt. Didn’t deserve that. Decided then I wouldn’t go there again unless I was ready.

Saw my wife at a spot in Miami one night. Didn’t get a chance to meet her. Tracked her down through some friends. Called her and we clicked on so many levels. She blew me off because she had a boyfriend. Pursued her for 6 months. She came to my city to visit her sister. By then two of her sisters had looked me up to see who this dude that wouldn’t stop was. They loved me and hated the boyfriend. Took her out first night she was in the city and been inseparable since. Of course much more happened during all of that, but this is already long winded. Can fill in things if anyone is interested.

How do you pursue someone with a boyfriend, especially for 6 months? Anytime I meet a chick if I dont see any interest coming my way I give up on the pursue (which is usually my downfall) But Im always afraid of getting considered a creeper lol

How do you pursue someone with a boyfriend, especially for 6 months? Anytime I meet a chick if I dont see any interest coming my way I give up on the pursue (which is usually my downfall) But Im always afraid of getting considered a creeper lol
From my assessment, he was just convenient. She and I clearly had much more in common. So I just made my presence known. She was loyal to him, and I wanted to see that honestly. When I finally got a chance to take her out there was no denying our chemistry. Told her nothing could happen between us unless she was done with him. All she got from me was a hug. She dumped him next time she saw him.

How do yall get over your past experiences?
I've become super protective of myself because of two past failed relationship. Don't want to screw the current one up but I'm super closed off almost to an extreme. Like hesitating to call/text/make plans unless she does. Feel like it's detrimental but man I'm too damn scared to be in too deep with anybody now

From my assessment, he was just convenient. She and I clearly had much more in common. So I just made my presence known. She was loyal to him, and I wanted to see that honestly. When I finally got a chance to take her out there was no denying our chemistry. Told her nothing could happen between us unless she was done with him. All she got from me was a hug. She dumped him next time she saw him.

This is key. I'm confident other NT fam here would agree as well.

Can you share more about your story?
Ups / downs, traits you wanted in a partner, overall relationship advice, etc.

How do yall get over your past experiences?
I've become super protective of myself because of two past failed relationship. Don't want to screw the current one up but I'm super closed off almost to an extreme. Like hesitating to call/text/make plans unless she does. Feel like it's detrimental but man I'm too damn scared to be in too deep with anybody now

Just enjoy the relationship dude. Carry the lessons from past L's forward, be honest about your intentions and go for the ride.

If you don't want a full on relationship right now find someone else you can keep it casual with.

Understand that he was just convenient, and I know too many girls that are dating, even living with convenient guys and stay loyal although they would never marry. So Im just wondering how often would you contact her, and/or make sure that you are on her mind?

This is key. I'm confident other NT fam here would agree as well.

Can you share more about your story?
Ups / downs, traits you wanted in a partner, overall relationship advice, etc.
Ups and downs during the chase or overall relationship including after we were married?

I'll answer the rest when I get home to my PC. Not typing this stuff out on my phone. Auto complete going to have me sounding inebriated.

Don’t go out much. I’m a foolio and sometimes end up causing havoc. She don’t mind though.

Back
Top Bottom