TAR - Thread About Relationships vol. Calling TAY Graduates

Anyone else not get along at all with their girls family? Like is it even possible for a relationship like this to work, or am I just wasting my time?

never met a baby momma momma who dont like me. so cant really relate.

but any reason you think the family not rockin with you?

On
Been with her for a little over a year

We have our conversations. But she be talking just to talk and it’s mostly bs. I don’t wanna engage in that. I don’t wanna talk just to talk. Don’t get me wrong I love to talk but I also don’t mind silence.
Communication number 1 reason folks divorce imo. At least the root cause.
I’ve learned to just let them vent but coach them on the type of toxic personalities they come across when they leave home. 75% of their convos are work related. It’s annoying but they help with bringing bread on the table

Damn, crazy bruh. What are you thinking in terms of design, cost, etc? How involved is she? I'mma be doing the same thing in about...6 months? Sheesh
She's sent me pics of what her style is before. Engagement and wedding. As far as her being involved now, very little. Keeping it on the hush, but going with my mom next week to price a few. Going to see if her mom wants to go too the week after that. Aiming for December to pop the question.

Sitting here with my shoulder hurting like the dickens and I am realizing I have some intimacy issues
I'm realizing it because I'm thinking about when I get home and tell my wife my shoulder is hurting I know she's going to ask to rub my back and I'm already not really wanting that
I'm not really used to having other people touch my body like that
I've gotten 2 foot massages and one body massage and each time I was laughing because it's such a weird thing to me

I don't mind her like rubbing my gut if we just like chilling on the coach or the bed or something, but it's something about getting a "massage" that makes me rather to just deal with the pain/discomfort instead lol
I'm just venting, don't mind me

Damn, crazy bruh. What are you thinking in terms of design, cost, etc? How involved is she? I'mma be doing the same thing in about...6 months? Sheesh
I got my girl one of the Disney princess collection from Zale's ones. I forget which one, it was $3,100 the first time we saw it but around Mother's Day it dropped to like $1750. She got me a King Will black and rose gold one off Amazon, it's 35 dollars lol.

We just got approved for this house, 3300 square feet, 5 bedrooms, 1 acre, out in the country. Baby due in early Feb 2020, her kids supposed to be gonna pitch in on this rent too. We shall see.

I got my girl one of the Disney princess collection from Zale's ones. I forget which one, it was $3,100 the first time we saw it but around Mother's Day it dropped to like $1750. She got me a King Will black and rose gold one off Amazon, it's 35 dollars lol.

We just got approved for this house, 3300 square feet, 5 bedrooms, 1 acre, out in the country. Baby due in early Feb 2020, her kids supposed to be gonna pitch in on this rent too. We shall see.
Congrats on the blessings...I remember your old posts I’m tat threads about your baby momma situation. Glad to see you doing good.

More and more of us men are waking up to this realization.

Misandry is at an all time high.

Be careful out here and watch for the traps.

Some of these women smh. Don’t trust a woman with that short of hair unless it’s medical.
There’s a lotta Lame *** men out here too. Many didn’t have that father to teach them how to love, care and treat a lady. Then you have a lotta women out here that don’t know how to treat a man due to non father figure in her life. Education has always been the problem.
Had to school my wife the other day on letting me parallel park a uhaul the other day.
Failed twice but got it done 3rd time. After second try she said she’ll do it and I flashed. Apologized after and explained on bettering my tone next time.

For all females, let your man LEAD. Instead of doing it for him or letting him fail, stand by him and do it together.

"why a black guy"
"even though ur black ur always working and have a job"
"u know even though he's black he takes care of his kids"
couple other things i won't mention
but her dad was about to get an *** whooping
but he's old and sick and still has complications(kidney transplant)
one of her uncles aint allowed to come to the house
just cause i don't like him
the vibe he gives
and actually this one uncle who had died
was cool as hell i messed with him
but he already been around black folks
it was mainly the ones who haven't been around black folks
and just around their lil filipino community

Those three statements would burn inside of me forever bruh. Idk if I would of been able to rock out with that.

She's sent me pics of what her style is before. Engagement and wedding. As far as her being involved now, very little. Keeping it on the hush, but going with my mom next week to price a few. Going to see if her mom wants to go too the week after that. Aiming for December to pop the question.

Update: going to PR In September. Going to ask the head honcho herself, her grandmother, for the blessing

Ayo I didn’t even know this was a thread :lol:

Not gonna downplay it tho, I’m happy for y’all. Hope to be at that point one day but for now it’s back to the summertime yambs :pimp:

It's already confirmed fam, you got this

Thanks fam - he’s the smartest person I’ve ever met, very low key but direct (President of Adobe)

What did y’all do when you talked to pops?

Thinking of the basic we’ve been together x amount of years and she’s my person etc

Thanks fam - he’s the smartest person I’ve ever met, very low key but direct (President of Adobe)

What did y’all do when you talked to pops?

Thinking of the basic we’ve been together x amount of years and she’s my person etc

Honestly I skipped over that step because me and wifey's dad had a number of conversations about how good of a dude I was and was glad that I was with her and all of that so I didn't see a need to ask.

Honestly I skipped over that step because me and wifey's dad had a number of conversations about how good of a dude I was and was glad that I was with her and all of that so I didn't see a need to ask.

Yeah I don’t either at all - I already have the ring in the works (it’s from her family). I just always envisioned doing it I guess.

Yeah I don’t either at all - I already have the ring in the works (it’s from her family). I just always envisioned doing it I guess.

I always pictured myself being married since a kid but never had the thought of asking for "permission". Saw it in movies and TV and everything, thought it was a cool thing but never said to myself, "can't wait to ask the woman of my dream's dad for her hand".
I don't think it has anything to do with ego, just was never in my vision.

Asking/informing her pops tomorrow about my plans to wife her.
Are you really asking him though? If he says no and you love her is it going to stop you? No. You just letting him know this is what it is.
giphy (6).gif

giphy (8).gif

Welcome to the club

Thread about Relationships aye...NT Growing up.

Bought a ring....gonna pop the question to my girl in a month i think. Talked to her dad about it two weeks ago. I love him and he loves me so we got beers and kicked it. Was a really good time. Been with my girl for 4 and a half years now. Lots of ups and downs but always held each other down (by ups and downs i mean arguments...not infidelity or anything). Still not sure how to go about asking...whether it should be public...include family....be alone...go to a restaurant....make it completely random.

Back
Top Bottom