Tattoo Shops in Bay AREA

1he8ec.jpg

If I had the $ I would go to cartoon... his script is the illest.

Tattoo expo at Cow Palace is WEAK! well, let me explain... its fun to check out, and you'll see people who already have some nice artwork. There are a FEW reputable artists,  but mostly smokeshop tattooers. I went last year and found one guy who looked up to par.  HOWEVER, my wife wanted something that would take about an hour and he turned us away in case someone wanting something bigger happened to come along. That would have been me if he wasnt such a jerk in the first place. Anyway, we bounced and hit up my regular guy in SF that afternoon. Some tattoo "expo's" actually do bring in some good talent, but the cow palace show is not one of them,....

Originally Posted by RETROfitted

Tattoo expo at Cow Palace is WEAK! well, let me explain... its fun to check out, and you'll see people who already have some nice artwork. There are a FEW reputable artists,  but mostly smokeshop tattooers. I went last year and found one guy who looked up to par.  HOWEVER, my wife wanted something that would take about an hour and he turned us away in case someone wanting something bigger happened to come along. That would have been me if he wasnt such a jerk in the first place. Anyway, we bounced and hit up my regular guy in SF that afternoon. Some tattoo "expo's" actually do bring in some good talent, but the cow palace show is not one of them,....

where do you go?

I go to Diamond Club on Van Ness and Broadway. Bill and Junii Salmon are the owners. The only other guy that tattoos there is Nervio. Thats my dude. He has a very unique yet traditional style, so he's probably not everyones cup of tea. However, I'm a huge fan of his work, and there is no denying his knowledge and technical skill.

When i was a teenager just looking to get inked, i used to go to Jerry's. SMH.... The best thing about THOSE tattoos is the concepts, which I walked in the door with and couldve gotten better work almost anywhere else. I love all my tats because they are a reflection of my life, but looking back as an adult, PRICE should NEVER be an issue when getting tatted.

the tatto expo is more for walking around drinking, looking at all the people and attractions and not really for getting tattoos

Originally Posted by jcsellsf

the tatto expo is more for walking around drinking, looking at all the people and attractions and not really for getting tattoos

Very true. The on the spot tattooing just sounds so bad. To them it is just an easy way to make a buck and get some exposure. I doubt they are putting down a lot of effort to bang out a good tattoo. That's just me though. I have never went to these things but I would go just to look at things.

hmm ok.
So where would be a good place to get the type of dragon Tribal tattoo like i posted in the previous page. Cause i know different artist have strengths when it comes to certain styles.

^^^^I think his name was floating around on another thread but Orly at 7th Son Tattoo might be your guy:

http://www.seventhsontattoo.com/orly_locquiao.php

But I heard he has a waiting list. Honestly those tribal tattoos are fairly easy to tat. I think the hardest part is to get the drawing done. Perhaps all you have to do is find someone or commission an artists to create that tattoo. Then you can take it to any tattoo shop that is decent and get it done.

So i ended up going to Moth and Daggers today and talked to Noel for a bit, and got an appointment next friday
pimp.gif

So who can recommend me a great spot / artist in the city. I'm looking to get a SHIGE inspired piece done which will have lots of coloring and shading. Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom