Taxi 12's - December '13

Failed miserably....went to 3 different malls and people were camped out since 10 last night and had less than 20 pairs 
mad.gif
mad.gif

Decided to pass on them I didn't feel they were worth the amount of work we have to put in now a days to get shoes. If you don't have a bot or a shoe connect you either have to put in multiple raffles and prey to god that you get called, or camp outside a store for 12 plus hours in order to possibly get the shoe. since stores can't tell you what they have in their inventory you might be standing inline for a shoe that got promised to the store clerks friend two weeks ago. But I digress I'm only stating what the normal people in the sneaker community have to go through.

Decided to pass on them I didn't feel they were worth the amount of work we have to put in now a days to get shoes. If you don't have a bot or a shoe connect you either have to put in multiple raffles and prey to god that you get called, or camp outside a store for 12 plus hours in order to possibly get the shoe. since stores can't tell you what they have in their inventory you might be standing inline for a shoe that got promised to the store clerks friend two weeks ago. But I digress I'm only stating what the normal people in the sneaker community have to go through.
I was fortunate to grow up in a region where it's fairly easy to get your pair if you prepare yourself. I moved to the Bay Area 2 months a go and this is my first release here. To say its been hell today is an understatement. Lying employees, pairs saved for friends, people camping since the afternoon yesterday. Just not worth it anymore.

what is going on??? People are going crazy in the US or Nike is making people World Wide going crazy, I am pretty sure they cut the release numbers in Europe into half, after 15 Minutes they were totally sold out in Euope, for me this is just a regular Jordan release, nothing like the hyped XIs!

I am sure next saturday will be hell with all these strange Nike ideas!!!!
... I can see that, it was ridiculous this am for these taxi's didn't Expect it to be so crazy, it seems more people were after these than I thought..

I went to footlocker this morning to grab my pair and an employee walked in with street clothes asking if he can purchase his pair of retros.. I get it.. Employees have dibs but at the same time it isn't right

If these shoes released before November I don't think the hype would be as big as it is right now. Looks like everyone is getting multiple shoes for this Christmas season. Normally people save to try and get the AJ XI. Not this year. To everyone who was able to cop congrats and enjoy your shoes. On to the next release (Gamma 11) which will be worst than this one. :smh:

Last edited:
Grabbed my pair this morning after having to sorta camp out for them.  Had not camped out for a shoe since the Toro IVs earlier this year.  Apparently some stuff went down during a release between then and now, so they would not even let us on the mall property until 6 this morning.  So everyone was in the lot across the street from the mall.  5:50 rolls around and its chaos.  Everyone rushing to the mall lot and running from their cars to get in the line.  I ended up about 40 people back in the HOH line, and didn't get anything.  So I run back to the truck and head up to the other side of the mall where Finishline is.  Looked for the line and didn't see it.  Figured everyone was already inside waiting.  This dude sees me get out and starts to follow me, said security told them all to wait outside.  We go in, and look behind us and everyone was running in behind us.  It was crazy.  Went from not getting anything to being one of the first in line, and getting my size.  Gotta love how that works out.  On to the next one!

Copped last night from EU got my pair for 212 shipped, ima chill and watch this nonsense. Hopefully catch a restock down the line for extra pairs. I will keep it locked to this thread for sure.

Still can't believe I failed on FNL. First time that has happened but then again I did wake up a bit late. 
mean.gif
 Now onto the nightmare the 1's will bring. 

Back
Top Bottom